Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 17

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2022, 05:45 PM by Mikey. Edited 1 time in total.)

PROTIP: Do not volunteer to dog-sit for multiple families when the temps drop below 20. I lost a few days along the way, but presently can sit upright without coughing up a lung. Whether this affects my ability to predict scores or not is to be determined. I don't care how prescient this makes me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So what is going on in the AFCS? The tacks are spiraling the drain, the horseshoes are a lost cause, and the tinhorns probably just want to play within the division forever. The division is the Jags' to take, will they be able to pull off the unthinkable?

tacks @ DAL pokes @ tacks: Tannehill is already done for the year, does Vrabel really sit guys amidst a 5-game losing streak? He may be coaching for his job these last two games. Cowboys will want to keep the dubs coming to secure that top wild card spot. Big difference between playing the NFCS champ and whoever ends up at 3. (Edit: messed up the home team, cut me some slack I ain't been able to breathe for about 3 days now, ol thinkmeat gettin foggy)

indynoplace @NYG: If the Gints can score 6, the win should be in the bag. Indy is a mess, maybe that whole "no coaching experience whatsoever" thing should have been a consideration when choosing your interim guy, Jimmy.

duval @ tinhorns: Many want us to rest players in the lead-up to the winner-take-all matchup against the tacks in W18. The way these kids are playing, I say let em play, let em keep riding that wave and don't look back. The tinhorns are much tougher than their record suggests, and as we have seen, they bring their game against the division.

I have no idea if there are any reports of players sitting for any of the teams in this week's games. Regardless, Iam making my picks and sticking with em. Be bold!!

Pokes 24-13, Gints 28-10, duval 24-21

31-19-1 on the year, hopefully improving that record a bit after this week's games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A 3-0 week over Christmas brought me to a stunningly mediocre 27-23-1! Way to go Jags.

So the winning ways will continue - for the Jags. Everyone else in the division kinda sucks.

Jags over Tinhorns. Snowy was proven wrong last week regarding the Texans only being able to beat the Jags. Turns out, they can beat the Tacks, too. And yeah, they are a tough playing team that's probably a game or 3 better than their record, but then so are we. We prove it on Sunday.

Giants over the colts. I hate it for Saturday. This team has fallen apart.

Cowboys over the tacks. The cowboys are a really good team. The Jags beat a good team. The tacks will not beat a really good team.

(12-28-2022, 02:43 PM)Mikey Wrote: PROTIP: Do not volunteer to dog-sit for multiple families when the temps drop below 20. I lost a few days along the way, but presently can sit upright without coughing up a lung. Whether this affects my ability to predict scores or not is to be determined. I don't care how prescient this makes me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So what is going on in the AFCS? The tacks are spiraling the drain, the horseshoes are a lost cause, and the tinhorns probably just want to play within the division forever. The division is the Jags' to take, will they be able to pull off the unthinkable?

tacks @ DAL: Tannehill is already done for the year, does Vrabel really sit guys amidst a 5-game losing streak? He may be coaching for his job these last two games. Cowboys will want to keep the dubs coming to secure that top wild card spot. Big difference between playing the NFCS champ and whoever ends up at 3.

indynoplace @NYG: If the Gints can score 6, the win should be in the bag. Indy is a mess, maybe that whole "no coaching experience whatsoever" thing should have been a consideration when choosing your interim guy, Jimmy.

duval @ tinhorns: Many want us to rest players in the lead-up to the winner-take-all matchup against the tacks in W18. The way these kids are playing, I say let em play, let em keep riding that wave and don't look back. The tinhorns are much tougher than their record suggests, and as we have seen, they bring their game against the division.

I have no idea if there are any reports of players sitting for any of the teams in this week's games. Regardless, Iam making my picks and sticking with em. Be bold!!

31-19-1 on the year, hopefully improving that record a bit after this week's games.
It’s Dallas @ Tennessee

(12-28-2022, 05:20 PM)JW Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 02:43 PM)Mikey Wrote: PROTIP: Do not volunteer to dog-sit for multiple families when the temps drop below 20. I lost a few days along the way, but presently can sit upright without coughing up a lung. Whether this affects my ability to predict scores or not is to be determined. I don't care how prescient this makes me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

tacks @ DAL: Tannehill is already done for the year, does Vrabel really sit guys amidst a 5-game losing streak? He may be coaching for his job these last two games. Cowboys will want to keep the dubs coming to secure that top wild card spot. Big difference between playing the NFCS champ and whoever ends up at 3.

It’s Dallas @ Tennessee

so it is, edited, but it don't change my perdicshun

27-22 after going 0'fer last week. Seems me picking against the Jags has them continuing to win, so I'll keep it rolling this week.

I'll take the texans to win, somehow.

I'll also take the giants and cow-pokes.

35-15-1   

This week I will take the Giants, cowboys, and Jags.

Rico do you have the guts to pick 1 game different to give me a chance to tie,so then maybe week 18 could also be a fight between us for lead in this pick. I triple dog dare you to take the colts.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Oddly, I try to pick the winners.  I don’t give a [BLEEP] how anybody else picks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-28-2022, 07:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Oddly, I try to pick the winners.  I don’t give a [BLEEP] how anybody else picks.

i try to pick the winners to,but every now,and then i try to get a upset winner.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2022, 11:47 PM by Redrunt82. Edited 2 times in total.)

Cowgirls
G-Men
Jags

Last week:   2 - 1

Overall:      33 - 17- 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(12-28-2022, 07:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Oddly, I try to pick the winners.  I don’t give a [BLEEP] how anybody else picks.

You tell 'em Rico.....I wouldn't listen to anything the copycat has to say either.
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(12-28-2022, 06:12 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: 27-22 after going 0'fer last week. Seems me picking against the Jags has them continuing to win, so I'll keep it rolling this week.

I enjoy reading the various takes each week, especially Mikey and Anon's.  This week, I won't let Seldom carry the burden alone.

My picks:

Texans over Jaguars - Doug's official line is that every game counts and that all the uninjured starters will play, but I'm not sure how much of that is simply pre-game propaganda as taking key starters out after a few series remains an option.  Lovie Smith has historically declined to tank for draft position.  The Texans complete their own personal Superbowl run by finding a way to win a competitive game at home vs. a Jaguars team that is fortunate enough to get the mistakes out of the way in week 17 as opposed to week 18.

Cowboys over Titans - Another week, another learning opportunity for Willis.  However, the Titans take a loss, having committed to spending the last two weeks mentally preparing for the Jaguars.

Giants over Colts - The Giants still have huge playoff implications riding on this game.  The Colts continue searching for a way to allow Foles to be successful in their system.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  33-17-1
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

34-15-1

Cowboys over Titans
Jaguars over Texans
Giants over Colts

To the OP...Vrabel is not coaching for his job
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-28-2022, 09:46 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:

i try to pick the winners to,but every now,and then i try to get a upset winner.

...except when you're copying my picks.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 04:28 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

36-14-1

Seems like another no-brainer week.

Horrible game for me.  I have a long disdain for the plowboys, but have an almost equal hatred for the tacks.  I would love to see the tacks beat them since the game essentially doesn't matter.  But it ain't happening with the tacks playing their JV team.  plowboys by at least 14.

Giants beat the shoes.  I actually think this might be close.  Only question is who the shoes play at QB.

This is the scariest game but gotta go Jags.  I think they reverse the curse to roll into next week's showdown on a four-game streak.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 10:32 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 2 times in total.)

Giants, cowboys and jags
Time to end that texans streak. I have no idea why we didnt get them earlier.

27-20-1

3-0 last week

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-29-2022, 02:00 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 06:12 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: 27-22 after going 0'fer last week. Seems me picking against the Jags has them continuing to win, so I'll keep it rolling this week.

I enjoy reading the various takes each week, especially Mikey and Anon's.  This week, I won't let Seldom carry the burden alone.

My picks:

Texans over Jaguars - Doug's official line is that every game counts and that all the uninjured starters will play, but I'm not sure how much of that is simply pre-game propaganda as taking key starters out after a few series remains an option.  Lovie Smith has historically declined to tank for draft position.  The Texans complete their own personal Superbowl run by finding a way to win a competitive game at home vs. a Jaguars team that is fortunate enough to get the mistakes out of the way in week 17 as opposed to week 18.

Cowboys over Titans - Another week, another learning opportunity for Willis.  However, the Titans take a loss, having committed to spending the last two weeks mentally preparing for the Jaguars.

Giants over Colts - The Giants still have huge playoff implications riding on this game.  The Colts continue searching for a way to allow Foles to be successful in their system.

Last week:  3-0
Overall:  33-17-1

Solid performance by the Jags + worst game of the year for the Texans + NO MAJOR INJURIES = I'm stoked.  This week could not have gone any better.  Let's hope this continues into next week, when it matters.

This week:  2-1
Overall:  35-18-1
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-28-2022, 07:20 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 35-15-1   

This week I will take the Giants, cowboys, and Jags.

Rico do you have the guts to pick 1 game different to give me a chance to tie,so then maybe week 18 could also be a fight between us for lead in this pick. I triple dog dare you to take the colts.

3-0 this week,moves my record to  38-15-1

(12-29-2022, 04:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 36-14-1

Seems like another no-brainer week.

Horrible game for me.  I have a long disdain for the plowboys, but have an almost equal hatred for the tacks.  I would love to see the tacks beat them since the game essentially doesn't matter.  But it ain't happening with the tacks playing their JV team.  plowboys by at least 14.

Giants beat the shoes.  I actually think this might be close.  Only question is who the shoes play at QB.

This is the scariest game but gotta go Jags.  I think they reverse the curse to roll into next week's showdown on a four-game streak.

3-0

39-14-1

(12-29-2022, 10:29 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Giants, cowboys and jags
Time to end that texans streak. I have no idea why we didnt get them earlier.

27-20-1

3-0 last week

3-0 this week, just like the jags I am heating up late lol. But unlike them I have no chance of catching anyone. So good to stomp the texans. Cant wait to do the same to the titans next week.

30-20-1 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

3-0, 34-19-1 for the year. Last installment should get posted by tomorrow, unless anyone beats me to it.