Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.

My New Year's resolution is to lose weight and get in better shape. I've been indulging my pie hole just a bit too much. While I still exercise moderately and the blood tests on my physical a couple of months ago were good, my clothes are fitting a little tighter than they should. I've also decided to participate in Dry January because...why not. It will be a good cleansing start to the year and help set the tone for what I want to do. 

Geezus, listen to this madness. Someone talk me out of this, quick!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-31-2022, 05:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My New Year's resolution is to lose weight and get in better shape. I've been indulging my pie hole just a bit too much. While I still exercise moderately and the blood tests on my physical a couple of months ago were good, my clothes are fitting a little tighter than they should. I've also decided to participate in Dry January because...why not. It will be a good cleansing start to the year and help set the tone for what I want to do. 

Man dude, I'd help ya out but I'm goin the opposite way.. I plan on eatin like a pig and smokin like a chimney. Good luck on Dry-Jan though, more power to ya on that one.

Less alcohol, more tweeds..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-31-2022, 05:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My New Year's resolution is to lose weight and get in better shape. I've been indulging my pie hole just a bit too much. While I still exercise moderately and the blood tests on my physical a couple of months ago were good, my clothes are fitting a little tighter than they should. I've also decided to participate in Dry January because...why not. It will be a good cleansing start to the year and help set the tone for what I want to do. 

Mine are similar. My issue is my drinking.  Apparently it runs in the family on both sides.  It skipped my parents.  I’d love to walk my daughter down the aisle one day.  Preferably to a boy.  Well, a man, when the time comes. But you get it.  Besides the point.  Best of luck to you, sir and have a great new year.

You’ll be drinking as soon as the jags take the field tomorrow. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 07:14 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-31-2022, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote:

Mine are similar. My issue is my drinking.  Apparently it runs in the family on both sides.  It skipped my parents.  I’d love to walk my daughter down the aisle one day.  Preferably to a boy.  Well, a man, when the time comes. But you get it.  Besides the point.  Best of luck to you, sir and have a great new year.

Try a shorter goal approach. Instead of Dry January, do Dry 1st Week of January. If you can achieve that, then extend it out. Give it a shot. 

As I've posted here numerous times, my father was an alcoholic and it absolutely wrecked his health starting in his forties. Irreversible health problems that would have been manageable had he stopped drinking then, but it ended up being his end. 

Take that step. It's a small one but that's how every journey starts. Except when you're pushed out of a moving vehicle...in the middle of the night...far from home. But that's another story!

Good luck and Happy New Year to you.

(12-31-2022, 07:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

You’ll be drinking as soon as the jags take the field tomorrow. Laughing

Wait. I didn't take the Jags into consideration when making this decision. Dammit!

Unless you're talking about watering the lawn, a month seems a little excessive.  Maybe start with a weekend?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-31-2022, 07:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Mine are similar. My issue is my drinking.  Apparently it runs in the family on both sides.  It skipped my parents.  I’d love to walk my daughter down the aisle one day.  Preferably to a boy.  Well, a man, when the time comes. But you get it.  Besides the point.  Best of luck to you, sir and have a great new year.

Try a shorter goal approach. Instead of Dry January, do Dry 1st Week of January. If you can achieve that, then extend it out. Give it a shot. 

As I've posted here numerous times, my father was an alcoholic and it absolutely wrecked his health starting in his forties. Irreversible health problems that would have been manageable had he stopped drinking then, but it ended up being his end. 

Take that step. It's a small one but that's how every journey starts. Except when you're pushed out of a moving vehicle...in the middle of the night...far from home. But that's another story!

Good luck and Happy New Year to you.
I appreciate that.  I really do.  Same to ya.  My GP diagnosed me as a functional alcoholic.  That’s even telling her I drank less than I do. She was kinda cool though.  I don’t want to admit that.  But I just did. I’ve never met my grandparents.  Except for one.  I pray each day to take the taste of dip and beer out of my mouth.  Even when I don’t feel it, I still buy it and drink it. Seems to be a will power thing.  Had a nice long sober stage for 2 years after being arrested for bogus charges.  Had an anxiety issue and beer helped me cope.  Here I am.  Back at it.  It’s sad.  I’m sad. I know what I’m doing, ask to change it, yet still can’t stop.

I always plan on losing weight, but never turns out that way. Will try again though. I also hope next year to do some more traveling, especially go to Europe.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

I never make resolutions. I never understood the point. Why wait to make a change? Just make up your mind and do it. That being said I do want to get some stuff done this year. If I survive the next two Jags games and what hopefully comes next I will be on my way to making things happen. Hopefully.

Learn more Greek and more Spanish. Lose 40 lbs. Travel to Europe.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023, 08:47 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

I will learn to meditate.  Get better sleep.  Relax.  Enjoy nature.

Anyone cookin anything good today?

The wife is making slow cooker corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots..

Got my horseradish at the ready!

I got ribs and black eyed peas waiting for me after I get home from work.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-31-2022, 08:09 PM)Butters Wrote: I always plan on losing weight, but never turns out that way. Will try again though. I also hope next year to do some more traveling, especially go to Europe.

Welp..have eaten almost 100 wings today so maybe will start the weight loss resolution another time haha.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(01-01-2023, 07:04 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 08:09 PM)Butters Wrote: I always plan on losing weight, but never turns out that way. Will try again though. I also hope next year to do some more traveling, especially go to Europe.

Welp..have eaten almost 100 wings today so maybe will start the weight loss resolution another time haha.
It’s all good.  You can try again another time.  Game day is not the day to eat healthy.

(01-01-2023, 07:04 PM)Butters Wrote:

100??

(01-01-2023, 10:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 07:04 PM)Butters Wrote: Welp..have eaten almost 100 wings today so maybe will start the weight loss resolution another time haha.

100??

Wing-eating contest at half time of the games today haha.

I won at least Cool
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(01-01-2023, 10:37 PM)Butters Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 10:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 100??

I won at least Cool

So, maybe change your avi to Cartman? lolol

(01-01-2023, 10:37 PM)Butters Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 10:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 100??

I won at least Cool

Dayum!

I think I'd burst at 20. 

Between you, the eat-every-bleeping-chicken guy from the Hype thread, and the 12 wings I did actually eat while watching the game today, I feel 2023 has already run afowl.

I’ve finally got almost all of the crap food, that I got over the holidays, out of the house.  It should be gone by Monday or Tuesday.  Then I dive into attempting to lose this holiday tonnage.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]