Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC South Weekly Predictions

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 11:50 AM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote: In fairness to the Lions Secondary, the disappointing overall pass rush from the last Colts drive in the first half through the rest of the game seemed like the # 1 problem the Lions Defense had. Though I'm thrilled with the Lions ending up winning the game, I'm concerned that what should be a team strength wasn't against a Colts Offensive Line that entered this game with questions at 4 positions. I'm very surprised that LG Jack Mewhort even played in the game, after spraining his MCL 15 days prior. The Lions pass rush, particularly Kerry Hyder, was strong in the Colts first 4 drives of the game. After that, the Colts Offensive Line won the battle and enabled Andrew Luck and his receivers to light up the scoreboard. Though Ziggy Ansah got plenty of attention from the Colts, I'm sure he will be the first to say he needs to make a greater impact than he did in this game.
Certainly the Colts have worked to address the O Line. It seems like they settled down and performed better as the game wore on. I don't expect they will be as awful as some had anticipated.

They key will be how long can team hold on with obvious issues on the defense from an injury stand point. The firs 4 weeks presented winnable games. While players get back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Certainly the Colts have worked to address the O Line. It seems like they settled down and performed better as the game wore on. I don't expect they will be as awful as some had anticipated.

They key will be how long can team hold on with obvious issues on the defense from an injury stand point. The firs 4 weeks presented winnable games. While players get back.

If yesterday's game is an indication,   the Colts Offensive Line will be noticeably better this season than in 2015.   Arguably,  in a number of seasons.    Ryan Kelly got bullrushed on a stunt in the first half by DE Kerry Hyder which caused a QB hit.    For the most part though,  Kelly held up well against some quality DTs.    The Center position has been problematic for the Colts since the better days of Jeff Saturday.  

Though this coming week's opponent,  the Broncos,   have an elite Defense,  the Colts are probably better off playing them now ( relatively speaking ) based on their injury situation in the Secondary.   Because the Broncos don't have a high caliber experienced QB,  that might keep the score down enough for Andrew Luck to keep them in the game.     On the other hand,  playing in loud Denver is going to be a challenge for the Colts Defensive Line against Von Miller,  Demarcus Ware,  and co.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 09:32 AM by JagFan4Life78.)

The Colts and Titans looked terrible this week. The Texans looked pretty good, they of course looked good against a team that many predict to be the worst if not top 3 worst teams in the NFL this season. The Jags looked like they could compete with a top team in the NFL.

Now this is week 1 so this all could change.

I predict this to be a race between the Jaguars and the Texans.

The Colts defense is soooo bad I cannot see them making the playoffs or competing for the playoffs this year. There offense will be good enough to win a decent amount of games though. This being said they play against the best defense in the NFL which I believe will nullify there offence and they will make the Broncos offence look above average and will lose going 0-2.

The Titans just look like they are still missing way to many pieces. They did play the Vikings which were a great team last year so it is hard to tell, but once the Vikings got into the groove of things the Titans couldn't do anything. I personally think the Titans will be last in this division and will not be a serious contender to the playoffs. This being said the division will be close but I still believe the Titans will be last. The Titans looked poor on both sides of the ball and the Lions looked great offensively and poor on defense. I believe the Titans will also start 0-2.

The Texans played well against a bad Bears team. Hard to tell where they stand just from this game alone but I do think they will be contending to win the division. They will go against the Chiefs at home which IMO is a toss up at this point and will really show where the Texans are as a team. I say they use there home field advantage well and barely win a close game 2-0.

The Jaguars played well against a team contending for the Superbowl. This game could have gone either way and went down to the last play. The Jaguars played well against a very good team the first game of last year and it was a close game as well and we all know how that season turned out... I do not believe that is the case this season. The Chargers played well last week but lost there 2 starting WR's and dropped a huge lead in embarrassing fashion. I believe the Jaguars pull out a W making there week two record 1-1.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Green Bay @ Jacksonville

Green Bay isn't quite as good as public perception makes them out to be, but they do have a stellar QB and that goes a long, long way. With the youth that Jacksonville is trotting out on Defense, I don't like their chances. Still, it is September in North Florida and that has it's advantages. I'll take Green Bay in a shoot out to win this one.

Is 27 - 23 considered a shootout? There's lots of feelings about this game for me, especially since I had to attend with a stupid Packers Fan. Ah well, at least I won in one sense. WIN.

Minnesota @ Tennessee

Minnesota is the kind of team that Mularkey dreams about. Despite losing their starting QB, I think Minnesota takes this one. 

Didn't watch too much of it except for the clips that popped up in the stadium. I saw Marcus throw a INT-RET-TD though. That couldn't have helped the tacks cause. WIN.

Chicago @ Houston
I think the world of John Fox as a coach, and while he has a decent roster, I don't see his offense being able to withstand that Texans Defense. Houston takes this one at home.

Was this as bad for Chicago as I think it was? Then again, Brian Cushing is out with an inury. Again. Win.

Lions @ Colts

Having a tough time with this one. I don't think Indy is all that improved from last season, but Detroit lost Megatron. When in doubt, go with the home team I guess. I ll take Indianapolis
for the win.

Kinda glad I got this one wrong. LOSS.

Last Week: N/A

This Week: 3 - 1

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I know i posted my picks in this last week,yet it seems to be missing.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 09:36 AM by JagFan4Life78.)

Quote:Packers

Vikings

Texans

Colts

Overall: 3-1

This week: 3-1

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Vikings

Texans

Colts

3-1

'02

Quote:I know i posted my picks in this last week,yet it seems to be missing.

Why don't you go ahead and let us know who you had, and hopefully they let it count? Your integrity has been well established in this forum, so I'm sure you won't lie about who you picked.

'02

Quote:Why don't you go ahead and let us know who you had, and hopefully they let it count? Your integrity has been well established in this forum, so I'm sure you won't lie about who you picked.

Well said.

In addition,  Snowwolf is participating in FBT's Pickem contest on Yahoo.   I looked his selections on that site.  He went 2-2.   With correct selections of Green Bay and Houston.   And incorrect selections of Tennessee and Indianapolis.  

The Texans could very well start the season 4-0. That would tough to get ahead of.

Quote:The Texans could very well start the season 4-0. That would tough to get ahead of.

They could go 1-3 just as easy. KC, then traveling to New England on a short week. Then Tennessee. Ok, 2-2 

But that's why they play the game.

ImATexan

Quote:They could go 1-3 just as easy. KC, then traveling to New England on a short week. Then Tennessee. Ok, 2-2 

But that's why they play the game.

Yeah that NE game is going to be tough. I thought for sure they'd be a pushover without Brady and Gronk but they still went into Arizona and took it to them. I'd put you 2-2, falling to KC and NE

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Titans

Colts

Bears

Ouch. 1-3

For this week:

Lions

Chiefs

Chargers

Broncos

Are we keeping these all in one thread of seperate threads for every week like we've done in the past?

Quote:Are we keeping these all in one thread of seperate threads for every week like we've done in the past?

I think we should start a week 2.

Quote:I think we should start a week 2.

Agreed

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Are we keeping these all in one thread of seperate threads for every week like we've done in the past?

Quote:I think we should start a week 2.

Quote:Agreed
We have a motion and a second for a new thread each week.

Should I start it or would you like for Eye of the Storm to continue?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:We have a motion and a second for a new thread each week.

Either one is fine by me.  I've enjoyed the threads that you've always done.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I did not participate in the thread but if I'm being honest, in my office pool I picked Pack over Jags, Tacks over Vikes, clots over Lions, and Bears over tinhorns.

1-3

Not very good.

But I'm glad I was wrong on tacks and clots.

This week, I'll take chiefs over tinhorns, Jags over bolts, Lions over tacks, and Broncos over clots.

(which will leave Jags in the lead of the AFCS, if the tiebreaker is AFC loss vs NFC loss)

Quote:We have a motion and a second for a new thread each week.

Quote:Either one is fine by me.  I've enjoyed the threads that you've always done.

So we await the "This Week in the AFC South" post.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.