Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans uniform changes

Texans owner is asking fans to fill out a survey about possible new uniforms and colors.
The questions are if the uniforms should look more traditional or contemporary, and what shades of red and blue they should use.  The old Oilers baby blue is one of the choices.
This year, the team introduced a glossy brick red helmet and a alternate H logo that looks kind of like the Rockets' logo.
However, the logo and team name are not mentioned in the survey.  Looks like they will remain the Houston Texans with a Bull logo.  I always thought the name and the logo were dumb. 
Stupid stinking tinhorns.
What do you think?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: main-qimg-aca152fd92eebe620ce2ce4c6989b29b-lq]
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

I don't give a mouse donkey either.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023, 05:10 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don’t care what WE wear.  I care even less what another team wears.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-01-2023, 05:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don’t care what WE wear.  I care even less what another team wears.
Ultimately, I want the other team to wear a fresh [BLEEP] whoopin' from us!!!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-02-2023, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 05:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don’t care what WE wear.  I care even less what another team wears.
Ultimately, I want the other team to wear a fresh [BLEEP] whoopin' from us!!!

I think we'll be getting a lot of what we want in the coming years.

Their uniforms are awful. Easily the most boring and unexciting in the league.

(01-01-2023, 04:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: Texans owner is asking fans to fill out a survey about possible new uniforms and colors.
The questions are if the uniforms should look more traditional or contemporary, and what shades of red and blue they should use.  The old Oilers baby blue is one of the choices.
This year, the team introduced a glossy brick red helmet and a alternate H logo that looks kind of like the Rockets' logo.
However, the logo and team name are not mentioned in the survey.  Looks like they will remain the Houston Texans with a Bull logo.  I always thought the name and the logo were dumb. 
What do you think?

Wouldn’t that be tittian baby blue now?  Would make for some interesting tittian/tinhorn games.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 12:13 AM by mikesez.)

(01-02-2023, 09:43 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 04:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: Texans owner is asking fans to fill out a survey about possible new uniforms and colors.
What do you think?

Wouldn’t that be tittian baby blue now?  Would make for some interesting tittian/tinhorn games.

Not that different from Lions-Panthers or Bills-Giants TBH.
As long as the helmets are different colors it will be fine.

(01-02-2023, 08:44 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Their uniforms are awful. Easily the most boring and unexciting in the league.

I agree, But I think it starts with the name and the logo, frankly.  We don't call our team the Jacksonville Floridians because there are other teams in FL.

I that that was a chinchilla and mule.

I'd love for them to go back to the baby blue Houston Oilers colors and bring back those pom poms from the Bum Phillips era. Growing up in Pittsburgh, I rooted against Oilers but loved their gameday environment.

(04-19-2023, 01:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd love for them to go back to the baby blue Houston Oilers colors and bring back those pom poms from the Bum Phillips era.  Growing up in Pittsburgh, I rooted against Oilers but loved their gameday environment.

I like their old uniforms as well. Was born in 88' so that was way, way before my time but I at one point or two had fun moving them around within Houston via Madden and branding them back as the Oilers with those uniforms.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2023, 03:12 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2023, 01:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd love for them to go back to the baby blue Houston Oilers colors and bring back those pom poms from the Bum Phillips era. Growing up in Pittsburgh, I rooted against Oilers but loved their gameday environment.
Loved the Oilers helmet.. Only thing missing was the oil gushing out.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Dark Brown pants
Light Brown Cow Skin pattern jerseys
White numbers bordered in Black
light brown socks, Black shoes
Helmets in light brown cow skin pattern with this logo:

[Image: img_5991.jpg?w=1536&h=1161&crop=1]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-19-2023, 01:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd love for them to go back to the baby blue Houston Oilers colors and bring back those pom poms from the Bum Phillips era.  Growing up in Pittsburgh, I rooted against Oilers but loved their gameday environment.

Bud Adams wanted to stick it to Houston and never would have given up those rights for the uniforms. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it as a clause in his will or in the franchise regulatory papers.

I don't know if Strunk is that invested in that kind of beef with Harris County with how things went down in the 90's. Honestly, at this point I'm sure there is a financially conceivable way to make it happen.

However, its been nearly 30 years since the Oilers and that franchise had a tendency to get close enough to give some hope and then dash it all to bits. I have more childhood memories of what could have been rather than awesome great times. Even true for my dad who was an Oilers fan back into the 1970s.

If anything they should just completely rebrand.

It's not like the Texans name has any good vibes to it. Bad teams mostly with a few middling playoff teams. Few great players were generally wasted. Bad management. Bad press from the owner statements about players, the religious guy's interference, and the Watson saga.

Plus I've always thought that name was so stupid in this day in age. Sure, a hundred years ago a team name like the Philadelphia Phillies made sense, but Houston Texans is just an address. If you want 'buy' a statewide fanbase (which won't happen anyways because of the Cowboys) just call yourself the Texas whatever's.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 09:59 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Call them the Houston Bulls or Texas Bulls. Both names would work great. Sometimes the cowboy wins, sometimes the bull wins.

Not for nothing, people from Philadelphia don't call themselves Phillies. It's a joke name. A fillie is a female horse that hasn't had a baby yet. They often win races against the boys so it's a good name for a competitive team.

(04-26-2023, 09:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not for nothing, people from Philadelphia don't call themselves Phillies.  It's a joke name. A fillie is a female horse that hasn't had a baby yet. They often win races against the boys so it's a good name for a competitive team.

I have no idea what this means.  A ‘joke’ name?  I lived in Philly for almost 30 years and have no [BLEEP] idea what you’re talking about.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 09:16 AM by Mikey.)

(04-27-2023, 08:47 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 09:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not for nothing, people from Philadelphia don't call themselves Phillies.  It's a joke name. A fillie is a female horse that hasn't had a baby yet. They often win races against the boys so it's a good name for a competitive team.

I have no idea what this means.  A ‘joke’ name?  I lived in Philly for almost 30 years and have no [BLEEP] idea what you’re talking about.

it's ok, neither does he Big Grin

(04-26-2023, 03:12 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Bud Adams wanted to stick it to Houston and never would have given up those rights for the uniforms. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it as a clause in his will or in the franchise regulatory papers.

I don't know if Strunk is that invested in that kind of beef with Harris County with how things went down in the 90's. Honestly, at this point I'm sure there is a financially conceivable way to make it happen.

However, its been nearly 30 years since the Oilers and that franchise had a tendency to get close enough to give some hope and then dash it all to bits. I have more childhood memories of what could have been rather than awesome great times. Even true for my dad who was an Oilers fan back into the 1970s.

It's not like the Texans name has any good vibes to it. Bad teams mostly with a few middling playoff teams. Few great players were generally wasted. Bad management. Bad press from the owner statements about players, the religious guy's interference, and the Watson saga.

Plus I've always thought that name was so stupid in this day in age. Sure, a hundred years ago a team name like the Philadelphia Phillies made sense, but Houston Texans is just an address. If you want 'buy' a statewide fanbase (which won't happen anyways because of the Cowboys) just call yourself the Texas whatever's.

As a kid who grew up in Cleveland, I said the very same thing when the franchise relocated and we were promised an expansion team. Don't try to revive the corpse, start new. The bad vibes that associated with the end were too painful to ignore or dismiss as part of the team name's history.

I think the same goes with Houston. The book has been closed on 'luv ya blue', let it stay closed. If they want to rebrand, tinhorns is right there.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 12:27 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-27-2023, 09:12 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 08:47 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I have no idea what this means.  A ‘joke’ name?  I lived in Philly for almost 30 years and have no [BLEEP] idea what you’re talking about.

it's ok, neither does he Big Grin

(04-26-2023, 03:12 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Bud Adams wanted to stick it to Houston and never would have given up those rights for the uniforms. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote it as a clause in his will or in the franchise regulatory papers.

As a kid who grew up in Cleveland, I said the very same thing when the franchise relocated and we were promised an expansion team. Don't try to revive the corpse, start new. The bad vibes that associated with the end were too painful to ignore or dismiss as part of the team name's history.

I think the same goes with Houston. The book has been closed on 'luv ya blue', let it stay closed. If they want to rebrand, tinhorns is right there.

Wait.  Are you stating that you would have rather had Cleveland not use the Browns after the relocation?  That would have been terrible.  As much as I hate the Browns, the Cleveland Browns always needs to be a part of the NFL.   Likewise, I would have like to see Baltimore retain the Colts name as well as they were pretty significant in the late 70s with Bert Jones and Lydell Mitchell.

For the record, the Cleveland MLB name change from the Indians to the Guardians is horrible

(04-27-2023, 08:47 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

Have you ever called yourself a Phillie?