Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WEEK 17/ DAMAR HAMLIN Updates

(01-05-2023, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...OvTIKe6idg

Unreal!

I'm so happy to hear this news and hope he keeps this progress going. Amazing work by the medical staff and first responders aswell as the medical staff at the hospital.

It's been a rough few years in the world but we all needed a story that ended well like this. 

Keel fighting Damar

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like the game has been abandoned

Good decision

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1611...7ifjIrrZHw

This is truly incredible. Hats off to the entire medical team.

Very cool.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 04:52 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2023, 09:38 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3539...-collapsed

Not surprising, the NFL doesn't give two [BLEEP] about their players, no matter how much they say they do. It's only about money. Use em up, break em down, throw em out like garbage. That's the the NFL motto.

Good on the two teams for telling the league to suck one. They had no business going back out on the field that night after that incident.

(01-10-2023, 04:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 09:38 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3539...-collapsed

Not surprising, the NFL doesn't give two [BLEEP] about their players, no matter how much they say they do. It's only about money. Use em up, break em down, throw em out like garbage. That's the the NFL motto.

Good on the two teams for telling the league to suck one. They had no business going back out on the field that night after that incident.

What a charlie foxtrot of a situation. Not one person in the NFL food chain wanted to take responsibility. I don't like Joe Buck but I believe him.

(01-11-2023, 12:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 04:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not surprising, the NFL doesn't give two [BLEEP] about their players, no matter how much they say they do. It's only about money. Use em up, break em down, throw em out like garbage. That's the the NFL motto.

What a charlie foxtrot of a situation. Not one person in the NFL food chain wanted to take responsibility. I don't like Joe Buck but I believe him.

100%. 

I'm not a fan of Buck either. I don't think he knows much about football overall, but he's a company man and he's going to do whatever he's told on air (I mean who wouldn't when he's getting paid like he is). The fact that it took over a hour for the game to officially be suspended (after the incident) only adds to his comments in the article.

I have no doubts that the league wanted those players back out on the field the minute the ambulance left, just like they would when any other injury takes place. They still had 3 hours of ads/commercials and tv revenue they needed to fill/cash in on. So of course it's "You just watched your teammate/follow player die on the field, but you got 5 minutes to regroup and play". They were acting like it was an eye poke, or a nut kick in MMA, where you get up to 5 minutes to recover.

I'm glad cooler heads prevailed. I'm glad Hamlin is improving daily. I'll also be glad when we can get through a game or interview without talking about the incident ad nauseam. 

Reading the article after seeing all of the "support" the league put into it with the tshirts and the outlined #3 on the field and the moment of silence and everything just makes me think they were making up for their lack of sensible decision making for the game. Like, "look! We made up for our stupidity!" Like they were covering their [BLEEP].  

But I can be cynical like that.