Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Jag CJ Henderson --- shut down corner

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-03-2023, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude is evolving ....

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/0...s-week-17/

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/...n-week-17/

Into what?!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-03-2023, 01:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 01:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dude is evolving ....

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/0...s-week-17/

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/...n-week-17/

Into what?!?

A mushroom, obviously.

Go Gata

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I thought this would be about his other event. The one with a Lamborghini, a gun and more.

(01-03-2023, 01:54 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I thought this would be about his other event. The one with a Lamborghini, a gun and more.

Oh wow .... I was not aware of that one until now.   I was just aware of him getting burnt like toast on the football field.

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/178...ry-5-2022/

He got torched by Evans big time. Basically cost them the game. Panthers are still alive for the division title if he plays even at a C level.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

He's a punk and a mediocre player. So glad we got rid of him.

What a horrible pick that was.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(01-03-2023, 06:16 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: He's a punk and a mediocre player. So glad we got rid of him.

I think the guy had some mental issues, depression maybe. I don't think he's a "punk" but he definitely was a wasted first round pick in a draft loaded with talent.

I was way way wrong about him.
No Fun

(01-07-2023, 06:27 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I was way way wrong about him.

Yeah, the talent was never a question.  Just look at his first ever NFL game as a rookie.  He has issues outside of football.

So he's not a shut down corner. He's a corner that shut down.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Wasn't the word after the draft that we didn't actually talk to him? Or do a full scouting report on him as a person? I remember hearing something about that and just couldn't believe we'd invest a first round draft pick and all that money on a guy that you don't do a full background review. Obviously scout the guy as a football player but then understand the person you are getting. Personality type, what drives them on and off the field, etc...

(01-08-2023, 06:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Wasn't the word after the draft that we didn't actually talk to him?  Or do a full scouting report on him as a person?  I remember hearing something about that and just couldn't believe we'd invest a first round draft pick and all that money on a guy that you don't do a full background review.  Obviously scout the guy as a football player but then understand the person you are getting.  Personality type, what drives them on and off the field, etc...

I believe you are correct.  this year before the draft it was rumored there were about 20-30 guys they had removed from our board for just this type of a reason.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-08-2023, 06:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So he's not a shut down corner. He's a corner that shut down.

Well done, plus 1
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 11:00 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

(01-08-2023, 06:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Wasn't the word after the draft that we didn't actually talk to him?  Or do a full scouting report on him as a person?  I remember hearing something about that and just couldn't believe we'd invest a first round draft pick and all that money on a guy that you don't do a full background review.  Obviously scout the guy as a football player but then understand the person you are getting.  Personality type, what drives them on and off the field, etc...

It was purely a spite pick from Caldwell. Remember what had happened with Ramsey the season before. Caldwell drafted a first round talent from a rival of Ramsey's college team... coincidence? nah. I mean I know he made it a point to take players from FL schools, but this pick was purely motivated by spite.

I honestly didn't know who he was leading up into that draft. Wanted nothing to do with him. I wanted Tristan Wirfs there. Same thing with Chaisson. Honestly didn't know a lot about him neither. Wanted CeeDee Lamb out of that WR class or Michael Pittman Jr. because of his size and bloodline.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-12-2023, 10:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly didn't know who he was leading up into that draft. Wanted nothing to do with him. I wanted Tristan Wirfs there. Same thing with Chaisson. Honestly didn't know a lot about him neither. Wanted CeeDee Lamb out of that WR class or Michael Pittman Jr. because of his size and bloodline.

You should have been GM. A couple of dreadful misses by Caldwell.

(01-12-2023, 10:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly didn't know who he was leading up into that draft. Wanted nothing to do with him. I wanted Tristan Wirfs there. Same thing with Chaisson. Honestly didn't know a lot about him neither. Wanted CeeDee Lamb out of that WR class or Michael Pittman Jr. because of his size and bloodline.

You should have been GM.  A couple of dreadful misses by Caldwell.

It was just an odd decision. We went into 2020 clearly committing to Minshew at QB after his surprise 6 - 6 record as a starter in a pinch in 2019. Why would you NOT take a lineman or receiver to give him more of an opportunity. 

They panicked and backfilled immediately. Henderson for Ramsey. Chaisson for Ngakoue. Caldwell should have been shown the door along with Coughlin. Hell, the reason Coughlin was hired here in the first place was because Caldwell clearly had failed developing a roster and competent coaching staff.

Ah well. What's done is done. Things are looking up now at least.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."