Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Waiver claims: LB Arthur Brown (Ravens), DB Marqueston Huff (Titans)

Quote:You can't quantify that statement. There is no more likely a guess.

So you only watched the 3rd preseason game? Because if you watched the first two games you would have seen a first string that looked pretty darn good.

I watched all the preseason games, and first string looked good despite the Jets being without there 3 best players. Also note, no game planning went into those first two games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/772603398923300864' title="3:12 PM - 4 Sep 2016">5m5 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Bears have informed Pro Bowl kicker Robbie Gould that he is being released, league source tells ESPN.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 09:20 PM by Predator.)

Quote:I watched all the preseason games, and first string looked good despite the Jets being without there 3 best players. Also note, no game planning went into those first two games.

We were missing players too and we weren't game planning either. We still took it to them.

You most definitely can't say that looked like previous preseason games.

Quote: 

Adam Schefter ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b> 5m5 minutes ago

<div>
Bears have informed Pro Bowl kicker Robbie Gould that he is being released, league source tells ESPN.

</div>

Gould might be starting to lose it now that he's 34. This preseason he was 5 of 6 on FGs, but only 1 of 3 on XPs. We'd have the same XP problem.

'02

Quote:Gould might be starting to lose it now that he's 34. This preseason he was 5 of 6 on FGs, but only 1 of 3 on XPs. We'd have the same XP problem.

Robbie Gould didn't have close to his best season in 2015 either.   Yet,  even if he's in decline,  one thing he brings to the table is a history of being in pressure kicking situations.   That much more considering he has played half in his games in what I believe is the most difficult place to kick in the entire NFL.   The wind and playing surface are often nightmares for kickers.    Gould can handle pressure with the best of them. 

Quote:I think we have talent in some places but the coaching is horrendous. Example: Telvin Smith great season last year, and now so far hes looked bad. Just one of many things.

So assuming a coach that is neither a strength nor a liability, what is this team's record?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yea. You might be right.

But stop trying to "speak the truth" and bring people down. Let people get excited for the hope of the new season and potentially being better. That's the best part about football. It's a new season and who knows what will happen.

All you do is try and be the guy who wants to say "See... I told you so. I told you they would suck!"

You're worse than JDub and TTR sometimes.

Cant stop a troll from trollin'.
No commercial messages in sigs

I'm guessing Joe Banyard will now take that final PS spot.

'02

Quote:I watched all the preseason games, and first string looked good despite the Jets being without there 3 best players. Also note, no game planning went into those first two games.
And there was a ton going into game 3? I'm pretty sure before week 3 Gus said they had already started their gameplan towards GB week...

There was little gameplanning and teams still play generally vanilla in week 3 of preseason. Only reason why it's thought more highly of is because starters get more time. Doesn't mean it's a sign of what to expect this season.

Quote:I'm guessing Joe Banyard will now take that final PS spot.

My thinking and hope. I fear Grant will fail us. So it'd be nice to have another back already ready to go.

Quote:Just stating the truth.

It's not "the truth" until it's proven to be, or not to be...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:That is going to be super tough with no proven pass rush.  But nothing wrong with higher expectations.

Nothing is proven until you play the games of 2016...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Im not guessing. I've seen this story before with this team. They dont know when to move on and had opportunity to do so with Gus but didnt. Now the team and the fans will suffer the consequences.

SMDH...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Wonder who's getting cut when Colvin comes back

Quote:Wonder who's getting cut when Colvin comes back
Someone has to be cut before that too, when Huff gets off suspension. 

Quote:Someone has to be cut before that too, when Huff gets off suspension. 

Since Bowanko should be back soon after, maybe they can cut Shatley.

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 04:56 AM by wg171.)

When Colvin and Huff come off of suspension guessing Johnson and Wilson are gone. Possibly Benn instead of one of them.

But hoping it's Gratz that gets cut

Chris Smith was one of our draft picks too. He was a better player in pre-season, and will barely see the field anyways. The couple I'm bummed about is Calhoun and Bowman.

dissapointed we lost holmes but happy with the huff pick up.

I wanted him in his draft as the guy has legit sideline to sideline speed.

It's also nice to see our guys getting picked up off waivers for a change.

Pretty surprised we kept Jacobs over Bowman. Or was he cut too? Didn't see his name.