Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Waiver claims: LB Arthur Brown (Ravens), DB Marqueston Huff (Titans)

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 02:05 PM by jaglawyer.)

Fighting over the proper forum for a topic is very gay.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jaguars claimed:

Arthur Brown

Marqueston Huff

Jaguars players got claimed:

Boddy-Calhoun - Browns

Holmes - Browns

Armbrister -Lions

Bowman - Jets

Caldwell gambled on a few guys clearing waivers who haven't :pinch:

Thanks for starting this thread.

It's a good indicator of the improvement of the Jaguars roster when 4 players released get claimed by other teams.

My thoughts on the Lions claiming Thurston Armbrister is the combination of the Kyle O' Brien and Al Golden connections.   Golden is the Lions TE Coach and was Armbrister's college coach at the U.   Also, with former University of Florida, Bears, and Patriots LB Jon Bostic very likely heading to Short Term I.R.  and Josh Bynes dealing with an injury,  the Lions needed another LB.   That much more one who can contribute heavily on Special Teams.

As for Arthur Brown,  the Jags system might prove to be a better fit than the 3-4 he played in with the Ravens.   Brown was certainly a player on my radar screen when I reviewed all of the NFL cuts from the last couple of days. 

Quote:So this thread is basically arguing over players that didn't make the final cut (for any team) and which players are going to the PS?
The two in the title + Poutasi from the tacks are signings the Jags made.

Ryan Davis passed waivers then did he??

Quote:I knew Boddy Calhoun would get picked up.

The Browns cleaned house at CB.   He might get a chance to play a large number of snaps once he gets a pretty good understanding of their system.  

I've been away for a while intentionally. I see that some things doesn't change...

NH3...
"AZANE"

While seams determined.  Not a huge fan of lack of production.  Could he of been in wrong scheme or need change of scenery who knows.  Hope dave sees something good in him.  And not just a trying to fill in position numbers thing.   http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/arti...57900b401d

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:That draft profile is going to get people way too excited about him lol.

Unfortunately he has had a very rough go at it so far in the NFL. I'm just hoping he can turn it around. Obviously if you're a former 2nd rd pick and are being cut after a few years you haven't performed.

Apparently according to Ryan O we have coveted him for a while though. So hopefully he just needs a change of scenery/new team.
This looks like a solid pick-up. Apparently he didn't fit Ravens scheme, but his college credentials are impressive. Huff looks like a big upgrade on special teams which this team obviously needs. Surprised they are sticking with Myers, but he'll be gone after missing another extra point or short field goal. Nice to know guys like Parkey and Barth may be available.

Quote:Ryan Davis passed waivers then did he??
 His contract was pretty big for a cut guy. I think he gets signed somewhere 100% on smaller deal.

Quote:This looks like a solid pick-up. Apparently he didn't fit Ravens scheme, but his college credentials are impressive. Huff looks like a big upgrade on special teams which this team obviously needs. Surprised they are sticking with Myers, but he'll be gone after missing another extra point or short field goal. Nice to know guys like Parkey and Barth may be available.
We're sticking with Myers for right now. There was a few decent kickers let go and I doubt all get snatched up right away. If Myers has a rough go at it in first week or two we could see a quick change.

I think the Brown pickup is a GREAT pickup. He could definitely flourish here and I wouldn't doubt the 3-4 was a poor fit. I'm just saying the comp of Bowman is going to get people too excited and thus far in his NFL career he has just been an OK at best LB. Just hope he can turn it around here...but it's no given of course.

Myers sucks.

Quote:Not surprising the browns picked up two of those guys they seem to be copying our build in a more extreme fashion.

Hue Jackson is a really good coach so I think he can put it together.

The front office is more interesting to me they took a bunch of picks and turned them into more picks during the draft, then they picked a bunch of raw athletes in the draft, all 14 draft picks made the team.  On top of all that they gambled on a qb with talent that has had some rough years.  They have some rough years ahead of them but for the first time in a long time they seem to be building smartly although it will be a long term process.  They will easily have the youngest roster this year.

I'm not sure if 14 players from an NFL Draft class ever lasted to the point of making it through the final cutdown.  

Not only should the Browns have the youngest roster this year,  this probably is one of the youngest rosters in the modern era of the NFL.

But youngest is also most inexperienced and isnt necc better.  Just yea be nice for the browns to turn it around.

#Gojags

Quote:Poutasi is a nice PS add.

Agreed.  He's also younger than many of the players still on the college level.  

Quote:We're sticking with Myers for right now. There was a few decent kickers let go and I doubt all get snatched up right away. If Myers has a rough go at it in first week or two we could see a quick change.

I think the Brown pickup is a GREAT pickup. He could definitely flourish here and I wouldn't doubt the 3-4 was a poor fit. I'm just saying the comp of Bowman is going to get people too excited and thus far in his NFL career he has just been an OK at best LB. Just hope he can turn it around here...but it's no given of course.
does Myers have any sort of upside and can his mistakes be cut down?  Otherwise the fact he is still here makes no sense.

#Gojags

We tied with SF for most players claimed.

Quote:I'm a little surprised that they seem content with Myers.

I like the claims, and guard depth was definitely a good add, but I am disappointed we couldn't stash Holmes, Calhoun and Bowman.

Neal Sterling and Koyack better look good if they see the field.

Having 4 cast offs claimed is a very good sign for this roster.

Have to wonder what the free safety addition means for guys like Wilson and Thompson.

But are you really? Im not surprised.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 02:23 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:I'm a little surprised that they seem content with Myers.

I like the claims, and guard depth was definitely a good add, but I am disappointed we couldn't stash Holmes, Calhoun and Bowman.

Neal Sterling and Koyack better look good if they see the field.

Having 4 cast offs claimed is a very good sign for this roster.

Have to wonder what the free safety addition means for guys like Wilson and Thompson.
We are not the team of old.  And since now on the radar and got away with the steal of the century in my book Getting Jack after getting Ramsey.  Other teams will watch who we get closely.  Regardless of last years record.  Dave can only get good deals for so long before others take notice.

#Gojags

Quote:does Myers have any sort of upside and can his mistakes be cut down?  Otherwise the fact he is still here makes no sense.
I wish we'd move on too, but we apparently still like him so it's whatever. Not going to keep complaining about it personally until he's gone because we can't change anything so just going to trust Dave until the move is inevitably made.

<div>Mike KayeVerified account‏@mike_e_kaye
</div>

Source says multiple teams put in waivers requests for Tyrone Holmes. He wasn't making it to practice squads. #Jaguars

Yep, Dave done goofed with that one.