Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Waiver claims: LB Arthur Brown (Ravens), DB Marqueston Huff (Titans)

Thats right sorry.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tweet from Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) - #Jaguars signed LB Sean Porter to their practice squad.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/772525216480231425
Ehh, was the least impressed with him among all the LBs the Jags had on the roster this pre-season. Not a bad player, just ehh...

LB - Sean Porter to PS.

Now at 7

3 more spots. 

Quote:Yea but it is just 2 many. We already have 5 rbs too many. And 8 receivers too many.

Id much rather have four potential pass rushers. Then 3 wr

What if the pass rushers on your practice squad suck? You still want them just to say you have pass rushers? It's about talent and potential, not position groups.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:We already cut a the wrong
RB.

FIFY

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote: 

Adam Caplan ‏@<b>caplannfl</b> 2m2 minutes ago

<div>
Jags PS: DT Richard Ash, WR Shaq Evans, OL Rashod Hill, WR Rashad Lawrence, CB Nick Marshall, WR Shane Wynn

</div>
Nice didnt know Nick Marshall had PS eligibility, Ash, Evans are other good keeps 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:LB - Sean Porter to PS.

Now at 7

3 more spots. 
Banyard should get 1 unless he is claimed 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I thought Arthur Brown was the man coming out of college..was upset we didn't land him in the draft. Hopefully he pulls a Brandon Marshall (LB) and makes the Ravens regret giving up. Sad to see Holmes go..if it's any consolation to these boards, it's a good sign we are letting some guys with talent go instead of being thrilled to pick up a lot of cut players. 2011 Chastin West being picked up from GB Ps had me thrilled!
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

you can never have enough pass rushers.  On a team that has hardly any.

#Gojags

Quote:On Huff via O'Halloran:

Not mentioned above - he actually started at SS in a few games due to injury for the tacks. Versatility and ST impact. Seems a good signing if he's good on the substance abuse moving forward. 

Perhaps O'Halloran just went with the NFL log which shows him with 1 start in 30 appearances.  Once I saw the signings to the 53, that's the first thing I checked as well.

I still loved the ST tackle and fumble recovery; a very fast gunner to be the first guy upfield to make the play.  Showed incredible agility and awareness on the Eli Manning pick 6 as well.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:you can never have enough pass rushers.  On a team that has hardly any.

If you load up your PS with pass rushers that can't rush the passer, you still don't have any pass rushers. You want guys that can develop and have a chance to make the roster regardless of position. Pass rushers are hard to develop. You can either do it or you can't. Remember Derrick Harvey?
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 04:35 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Harvey wasnt good but never was on ps either.  Give me a potential spricer a potential brackins a potential heywood.  Right now until proves other wise fowler is no better then harvey was. (hoping can become peppers or mario)   So have yannick. odrick, and who? So have to think hardy declined big time.

#Gojags

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/772531359487258625' title="4:26 PM - 4 Sep 2016">6m6 minutes ago</a>

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> place OT Josh Wells on IR, sign WR Arrelious Benn.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Sheesh we need some O-lineman.

Quote:Banyard should get 1 unless he is claimed 
Banyard is not eligible per NFL PS rules.

Quote: 

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 6m6 minutes ago

<div>
#<b>Jaguars</b> place OT Josh Wells on IR, sign WR Arrelious Benn.

</div>

Wow!  Was just following up on Benn, this second.  Yayyy!  My kat

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote: 

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 6m6 minutes ago

<div>
#<b>Jaguars</b> place OT Josh Wells on IR, sign WR Arrelious Benn.

</div>
Nice to have Benn back, I think he brings a bit more to the table than Walters...But wow, we are really HURTING at OT...

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 04:37 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

lookee another receiver.   I guess Bortles will do all the play calling. Since will stay in spread offense every game.  With 9 receivers.

#Gojags

Arthur Brown had the 15th best grade in the 2013 draft from NFL.com

So now 6 WRs on the active roster and 3 on the PS? Maybe the biggest group of WRs Ive ever seen them carry into a regular season...Strange considering their top 4 WRs should rarely come off the field when healthy...