Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 18

[Bruce Buffer Voice] It's TIME! [/BBV]

What a difference a year makes. This time last year, we were sprialing the drain, under an interim HC, and just looking to wrap up a season that nobody should mention, ever. The tacks were in the divisional driver seat, and the horseshoes were sniffing around the postseason.

Flash forward, and the division is practically on its head from a year ago. The tinhorns are still languishing, but before last weekend had the top record within the divisiion at 2-1-1. Indy has cratered, and Jeff Saturday continues to prove all the critics of his hire right. The tacks, like the shoes, have dropped 6 in a row, and may lead to a second coaching vacancy in the division by Monday morning. The Jags? After some early stumbles, the team appears to be playing with confidence, and it's refreshing to be playing meaningful football when it matters most.

Hopefully your prognostication has served you well this season...seems that there's a bunch of pickers on the good side of .500. The opportunities to make up ground dwindle as the schedule pits division teams against each other this weekend, and the notion that the AFCS will have multiple representatives in the postseason seems more fantasy than reality. Make those picks count!

tacks @ DUVAL: Dobbs, Willis? Willis, Dobbs? Vrabel is scrambling for any option at this stage. Doesn't matter, if the Jags jump out to a big lead like they did a few weeks back, the Punter will be the one getting all the work. Does Henry have enough in the tank to carry an entire franchise on his shoulders?
A few years ago, I'd have reservations about the Jags playing a big game with a young roster, but since we fell into a 2-6 hole, we've been playing big games just to get in position to seize the division crown. The coach, the QB, and the rest of the team are not going to be intimidated by this moment. 

tinhorns @ Indy: What if both teams just agreed to exchange kneel-downs for the entire game and we saw our first 2-tie teams in decades? That might be more intriguing than any actual gameplay from this snoozer.

A good week last week left me at 34-19-1. I'm going Jags and tinhorns. What say you?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2023, 10:06 AM)Mikey Wrote: tacks @ DUVAL: Dobbs, Willis? Willis, Dobbs? Vrabel is scrambling for any option at this stage. Doesn't matter, if the Jags jump out to a big lead like they did a few weeks back, the Punter will be the one getting all the work. Does Henry have enough in the tank to carry an entire franchise on his shoulders?
A few years ago, I'd have reservations about the Jags playing a big game with a young roster, but since we fell into a 2-6 hole, we've been playing big games just to get in position to seize the division crown. The coach, the QB, and the rest of the team are not going to be intimidated by this moment. 

A good week last week left me at 34-19-1. I'm going Jags and tinhorns. What say you?

I could see Jaguars winning 24-7.

The Jets were struggling at QB and OL and were in the middle of a losing streak when they played us.  The defense held them to 3 points.

The Texans were struggling at QB, OL and WR.  They just broke a long losing streak right before they played us, and they currently have the worst record in football.  The defense held them to 3 points.

The tacks are struggling mightily at QB, OL, and WR.  They are mired in a six (6) game losing streak.  Plus they will be on the road playing in a hostile environment against a red hot team.  If the Jaguars take care of business, the game won't be that close.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 12:43 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

my overall record is 38-15-1  

this week i will go with  Colts ,and Jags.

Rico i made my picks before you this week, so i am not copying you.   you will copy me if you make same picks.  Wink Wink

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Good grief
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-04-2023, 12:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief

I'm just giveing you  a hard time like you all give me here every now, and then.

37-15-1

I'm going with:

Titans over Jaguars
Texans over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I'm taking the tacks and the texans.

Superstition tells me to keep picking against the Jaguars until it stops working.

29-23 after last week.

Jags
Tinhorns

Last week:   3 - 0

Overall:      36 - 17- 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 03:27 AM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

Tinhorns
Jags
Come on Jaguars time to reverse the curse
30-20-1 overall
3-0 last week

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

39-14-1

The tacks suck but just because it's the tacks it scares me.  But gotta go Jags as they are the better team.

And talk about sucking.  Two absolutely awful teams with no real QB  playing against each other in a game that means nothing other than draft position.  Clots just seem to be in total disarray as a team and organization.  Even though the Texans are playing for the #1 pick I'll take them.

Huge thanks to Mikey and the others who stepped in to keep this going in Bullseye's absence.

What a difference a year makes!  It's hard to believe that a year ago, TIAA Bank Field was enduring a "clown out" event.  From a 1/7/2022 article:

"As the season continued and Jacksonville dropped to 2-14, plans circulated among fans online to 'clown out' the final home game against the Indianapolis Colts.  Hundreds of fans across social media have changed their profile pictures to clown emojis donning a mustache like Jaguars owner Shad Khan, and the Associated Press reported that many of these people plan to attend the upcoming game wearing clown makeup and rubber noses in order to protest the direction of the team."

Regardless of the debatable impact of this event, changes were eventually made which brought long overdue respect back for our team and the city of Jacksonville.  Let's hope our #becausejaguars days are behind us for good.

Jaguars over Titans - We should not lose this game.  We have the edge in talent, momentum, coaching, and healthiness...and we're at home.  Yet if we do lose, the season remains a resounding success.  

Colts over Texans - Colts have been looking like horse poo lately.  Texans have been looking like cow poo lately.  I wasn't enough of a poo connoisseur to make the distinction, so this was a coin flip for me.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  35-18-1
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(01-04-2023, 01:53 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 12:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief

I'm just giveing you  a hard time like you all give me here every now, and then.

I love it! LOL

Coming in at 30-23-1 after another 3-0 week. I'm now a respectable amount over .500 despite being out of the race. What the hell, I'll take it. It's all due to going onlyjags since week 13.

Jags are 4-1 since week 13, 5-1 since week 12 riding the 4-game winning streak into the Tack contest. It would be just like the Tacks to set us out with a "meaningless win"* and then get punked in their first game in the playoffs. I'm saying that the Jags keep winning, the Tacks keep losing, and there's a game just off Talleyrand weekend after next. Tacks keep it close, just because they're the Tacks.

In the definition of a "who cares" game between 2 teams coached by really proud men who are winners and refuse to quit: Lovie Smith's Texans get the better of Saturday and the colts. The colts have actually played decent defense this year and are on the cusp of breaking their team sack record from the Mathis/Freeney days, but lost Yann a couple weekends back. Neither team can seem to decide on a QB and both have lost their lead RB for the season.

Colt fans are finding out what it's like to have no solution at QB, and not much hope going forward. Welcome to our world guys, you're overdue. I would advise you NOT get clown makeup and make fun of the owner, no matter how much he deserves it. Texans, your team fought hard and - like the Jags - has a bunch of 1-score losses this year. With a loss, you'll have a first round pick in a year where there's no clear-cut franchise QB. With the win, you'll probably drop to picking 2nd and still be accused of overdrafting when the commissioner reads your card this spring. I believe you netted some extra picks in the Deshawn trade and the Browns are giving you another good one in the first round, so you have that going for you, which is nice.

*There are no meaningless wins.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 05:55 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Welp, it was a great week in Duuuuvaaaaaalll!

The Jaguars went from worst to first, excercising the first overall pick in April to starting the season 3-7 to finishing 9-8 and winning the division over the loathsome tacks.  The Jaguars will go on next week to face the Chargers again.

The Tacjs on the other hand, are reeling from their monumental collapse, starting the season 7-3, and not winning another game since, finishing 7-10 with the loss to the Jaguars.  They are now OUT of the playoffs.

The Texans won, which, ordinarily, would be good news for Texans fans.  However, they were one game away from landing the #1 pick in the 2023 draft, and with the come from behind win over the Colts, they have moved down a spot and have clinched the 2nd overall pick in the draft behind Chicago. The Bears have Justin Fields, who many observers see as having considerable ability, but little surrounding help.  Do the Texans hope that the Bears stand pat or do they root for them to trade down with the Texans, who have the extra draft picks from the Watson trade to move up?

As for the Colts?  For the first time in a long time, they are in the draft with a need for a QB, but seemingly with no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck waiting for them.  On the other hand, they could easily hope the Texans blow it.

I, for one hope the Texans blow the draft.  I hope the Colts and tacks blow it too.

Screw the Texans.
SCREW the Colts.
SCREW the tacks!!!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-05-2023, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 01:53 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I'm just giveing you  a hard time like you all give me here every now, and then.

I love it! LOL

Rico gettin trolled lololol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-05-2023, 09:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: 39-14-1

The tacks suck but just because it's the tacks it scares me.  But gotta go Jags as they are the better team.

And talk about sucking.  Two absolutely awful teams with no real QB  playing against each other in a game that means nothing other than draft position.  Clots just seem to be in total disarray as a team and organization.  Even though the Texans are playing for the #1 pick I'll take them.

2-0

41-14-1

Brock Purdy is playin lights out.. Nice lookin QB.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-04-2023, 12:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: my overall record is 38-15-1  

this week i will go with  Colts ,and Jags.

Rico i made my picks before you this week, so i am not copying you.   you will copy me if you make same picks.  Wink Wink

1-1 this week  moves me to  39-16-1   2 games behind rico now. Congralations rico you win afch south pickem em this year. 2coned is a lot better then i normalley do. I'm ussassley at bottom.

(01-05-2023, 03:26 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Tinhorns
Jags
Come on Jaguars time to reverse the curse
30-20-1 overall
3-0 last week

2-0 ye buddy jags in playoffs. Tacks can respectfully suck it. Lol.

32-20-1

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-05-2023, 09:26 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Huge thanks to Mikey and the others who stepped in to keep this going in Bullseye's absence.

What a difference a year makes!  It's hard to believe that a year ago, TIAA Bank Field was enduring a "clown out" event.  From a 1/7/2022 article:

"As the season continued and Jacksonville dropped to 2-14, plans circulated among fans online to 'clown out' the final home game against the Indianapolis Colts.  Hundreds of fans across social media have changed their profile pictures to clown emojis donning a mustache like Jaguars owner Shad Khan, and the Associated Press reported that many of these people plan to attend the upcoming game wearing clown makeup and rubber noses in order to protest the direction of the team."

Regardless of the debatable impact of this event, changes were eventually made which brought long overdue respect back for our team and the city of Jacksonville.  Let's hope our #becausejaguars days are behind us for good.

Jaguars over Titans - We should not lose this game.  We have the edge in talent, momentum, coaching, and healthiness...and we're at home.  Yet if we do lose, the season remains a resounding success.  

Colts over Texans - Colts have been looking like horse poo lately.  Texans have been looking like cow poo lately.  I wasn't enough of a poo connoisseur to make the distinction, so this was a coin flip for me.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  35-18-1

This week:  1-1
Overall:  36-19-1

Crazy season, but I'll take it.  Looking forward to participating in the event again next year.  Go Jags!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan