Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Washington teacher's MAGA hat protected under First Amendment

Of course the liberal snowflake teachers felt threatened, they never want to be questioned about the indoctrination they're giving our youth.........

Washington teacher who brought MAGA hat to school trainings protected under First Amendment, court rules

The appeals panel ruled Eric Dodge's decision to wear a MAGA hat to staff-only trainings before the 2019-2020 school year was a form of free speech

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth District ruled a former Washington teacher's decision to bring a "Make America Great Again" hat to a school training was protected speech under the First Amendment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-te...ourt-rules
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

These days that might actually incite violence depending on where it's worn.

This shouldn't have been an issue.. Ever.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

No, but adults have turned into children and throw temper tantrums when someone offends them. I think most of these folks have never been properly offended in their miserable lives. There is a time I would've been glad to offer that experience but I just don't care anymore.

I think I have the I Don't Give A [BLEEP] syndrome. Nothing will stop their victim mentality so why waste my time and energy.

(01-04-2023, 04:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, but adults have turned into children and throw temper tantrums when someone offends them. I think most of these folks have never been properly offended in their miserable lives. There is a time I would've been glad to offer that experience but I just don't care anymore.

I think I have the I Don't Give A [BLEEP] syndrome. Nothing will stop their victim mentality so why waste my time and energy.

Lol. Says someone who supported a violent insurrection by morons who felt things didn't go their way.

(01-05-2023, 03:24 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 04:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, but adults have turned into children and throw temper tantrums when someone offends them. I think most of these folks have never been properly offended in their miserable lives. There is a time I would've been glad to offer that experience but I just don't care anymore.

Lol. Says someone who supported a violent insurrection by morons who felt things didn't go their way.

Says someone who doesn't pay attention.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Was she the one who torched the buildings and overturned the police cars in Minneapolis and Fergusen?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Show me exactly where I supported any such thing. Seriously. I may have had an opinion about that whole situation but never once did I support it.

If you're going to make that sort of an accusation, I'd have at least 3 links handy proving it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-05-2023, 11:54 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 03:24 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Lol. Says someone who supported a violent insurrection by morons who felt things didn't go their way.

If you're going to make that sort of an accusation, I'd have at least 3 links handy proving it.

Not gonna happen.

(01-05-2023, 08:29 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 03:24 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Lol. Says someone who supported a violent insurrection by morons who felt things didn't go their way.

Was she the one who torched the buildings and overturned the police cars in Minneapolis and Fergusen?

If you compare trying to overturn the constitution of the entire United States to trying to overturn the police department in a Missouri suburb, you are obviously trying to minimize or excuse the former while maximizing and casting aspersions on the latter.  
You are defending it.  And if you defend it, you probably support it.  
If you support it, come out and say so.
If you do not, don't make specious arguments implying that you do.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-05-2023, 10:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:29 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Was she the one who torched the buildings and overturned the police cars in Minneapolis and Fergusen?

If you compare trying to overturn the constitution of the entire United States to trying to overturn the police department in a Missouri suburb, you are obviously trying to minimize or excuse the former while maximizing and casting aspersions on the latter.  

For the nth time, why don't you research what an insurrection actually is, rather than mindlessly repeating the soundbite fed to you by leftist media?  A necessary component is the installation of a new form of government.  What new form of government were the "insurrectionists" seeking to install?  

How would you describe the events in Fergusen and Minneapolis?  

P.S. The rioters weren't overturning the police department itself, just the cars.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-05-2023, 10:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:29 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Was she the one who torched the buildings and overturned the police cars in Minneapolis and Fergusen?

Well, that didn't happen. What actually happened were brave Americans trying to ensure that the Constitution was not subverted by election fraud. Since they failed and we ended up with a racist, bigoted, corrupt vegetable as our Executive we know that it has been.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-06-2023, 10:03 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 10:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you compare trying to overturn the constitution of the entire United States to trying to overturn the police department in a Missouri suburb, you are obviously trying to minimize or excuse the former while maximizing and casting aspersions on the latter.  

For the nth time, why don't you research what an insurrection actually is, rather than mindlessly repeating the soundbite fed to you by leftist media?  A necessary component is the installation of a new form of government.  What new form of government were the "insurrectionists" seeking to install?  

How would you describe the events in Fergusen and Minneapolis?  

P.S. The rioters weren't overturning the police department itself, just the cars.

First of all, I am a person, and you are a person, and I could just as much accuse you of being fed these soundbites as you accuse me. It's pointless.
But to your point, our current form of government says that electors meet in 50 different locations, send 538 votes to Congress, Congress counts the votes, Congress considers objections to the votes or possible duplication of votes, and then announce a new president and vice president based on those votes. 
The January 6 rioters are inssurectionists because they wished to alter this form at every step so that in the end the new President would be selected without regard to 50 meetings or 538 votes but instead by whomever is violent enough to scare the Congress into submission.  That's a different form.  That's an insurrection.
Now I agree that Ferguson and Minneapolis may have been, for some of the nights, for some of the rioters, local insurrections. But local is a much smaller deal than national, and you also have to look at the cause and the evidence supporting the cause, because frankly, violence is justifiable when the government is tyrannical.  Was the government actually tyrannical, on what evidence, and were the rioters pushing in a less tyrannical direction?

[Image: 20230106-130726.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 03:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good.  I hope all of the other school teachers start wearing Black Lives Matter hats.

King of Soy has spoken!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 09:19 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-06-2023, 02:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [Image: 20230106-130726.jpg]

Some of the Capitol police did questionable things.  And there is such a thing as a strategic retreat. 
 Others were beaten up for trying to do the right thing.  The insurrectionists mostly wanted to disobey the police and most of the police pushed and shoved to stop them.
Some of the insurrectionists had guns.  One was convicted of it.  They did not go through metal detectors, so no one knows how many more had guns.  It would be foolish to assume none did, just as it would be foolish to assume all did.
Finally, we know they were insurrectionists because we know they wanted to capture and kill members of the government, or, at least, create enough chaos with the threat that those people would run and stop doing their jobs. And on that day and at that time their jobs were critical to the continuity of the federal government. On a different day, the same actions would not be discussed as much. But we both know what they wanted to do, even if only one of us admits it.

(01-06-2023, 09:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 02:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [Image: 20230106-130726.jpg]

Some of the Capitol police did questionable things.  And there is such a thing as a strategic retreat. 
 Others were beaten up for trying to do the right thing.  The insurrectionists mostly wanted to disobey the police and most of the police pushed and shoved to stop them.
Some of the insurrectionists had guns.  One was convicted of it.  They did not go through metal detectors, so no one knows how many more had guns.  It would be foolish to assume none did, just as it would be foolish to assume all did.
Finally, we know they were insurrectionists because we know they wanted to capture and kill members of the government, or, at least, create enough chaos with the threat that those people would run and stop doing their jobs.  And on that day and at that time their jobs were critical to the continuity of the federal government.  On a different day, the same actions would not be discussed as much.  But we both know what they wanted to do, even if only one of us admits it.

Good ole reliable mikesez.. Throw him a fact and he dances around it. It's expected and funny lol

Dance, word-salad boy!!
[Image: Yosemite-Sam-Dancing.gif]