Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kevin McCarthy / GOP debacle (Round 13 defeat -- Getting Closer)))

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 03:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hilarious - 5th times a charm ..... apparently not.

Not so hilarious - borderline child abuse keeping their children trapped in that room of 20 or so dysfunctional republicans.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Apparently Trump's endorsement didn't do the trick. Trump's endorsements aren't doing too well lately.

Well I didn't want McCarthy before now that trump's throwing in I REALLY don't want McCarthy. Double down boys take it the distance and go the next two years without a speaker shut it down baby!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

https://twitter.com/blackhannity/status/...grNBnx3sDA
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 05:39 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-04-2023, 05:34 PM)Ronster Wrote: https://twitter.com/blackhannity/status/...grNBnx3sDA

And that's why I don't support McCarthy.

https://twitter.com/NationalFile/status/...TmEYA&s=19

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-04-2023, 05:34 PM)Ronster Wrote: https://twitter.com/blackhannity/status/...grNBnx3sDA

I think he's lying.  Why would Maxine Waters tell that guy to support Kevin McCarthy?  That makes no sense.

(01-04-2023, 06:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I think he's lying.  Why would Maxine Waters tell that guy to support Kevin McCarthy?  That makes no sense.

What has Waters EVER done that made sense?!?

The likelihood is McCarthy will probably get the speakership eventually, the wheeling and dealing has yet to complete. Unless there's an unlikely candidate that has a few Democrats crossing party lines that can undercut the "Freedom Caucus" but that's a long shot.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 07:45 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-04-2023, 03:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well I didn't want McCarthy before now that trump's throwing in I REALLY don't want McCarthy. Double down boys take it the distance and go the next two years without a speaker shut it down baby!

I believe there are some must-pass bills coming up before the end of the year.  I could be wrong.  But I'd rather have Pelosi back than let the debt ceiling expire because there's no House Speaker. Let's not provoke another Constitutional crisis.

Also Trumps endorsement strikes me as a negative as well, but for the folks voting against McCarthy, you would think it would be a positive.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-04-2023, 07:12 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: The likelihood is McCarthy will probably get the speakership eventually, the wheeling and dealing has yet to complete. Unless there's an unlikely candidate that has a few Democrats crossing party lines that can undercut the "Freedom Caucus" but that's a long shot.
That will most likely be the end point.

The issue is that neither side can do it. If the democrats vote for him, they kill their chances of reelection. If any republicans switch and vote for the democrat, they kill their chance of reelection.

Either way, the uniparty shows its hand that they are all in it together.

I'm hoping no back door deals are happening. I'd prefer no speaker and shut it down for months.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Also any democrat who votes for him supports Trump now

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

If the Republicans can't decide on a Speaker, then it's possible the moderately liberal Democrats and the moderately conservative Republicans could decide on a consensus candidate who is not a member of the House of Representatives.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 02:03 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: 20230105-130036.jpg]

Yes, Please!

I would LOVE to see the left lose their [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 04:46 PM by mikesez.)

(01-05-2023, 02:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [Image: 20230105-130036.jpg]

Yes, Please!

I would LOVE to see the left lose their [BLEEP].

Quote:WingerDinger Wrote:
I vote for policy.. Not who's gonna be WWF champion.

Same reason I voted for Trump.. Policy.

(01-05-2023, 03:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1610...9hEVQ&s=19

Not a great comparison.  We are supposed to have a secret ballot.  If I voted for Minnie Mouse, I have a right to keep you from ever knowing that.  But members of Congress are always supposed to put their votes in Congress down in a way that we as citizens know what each one did.

(01-05-2023, 03:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1610...9hEVQ&s=19

I think it's even better when the President tells the people of his party (in Georgia) not to vote.   #Brilliant!!!

[Image: 20230105-161359.jpg]

(01-05-2023, 05:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [Image: 20230105-161359.jpg]

McCarthy could bring "Fair Tax" or national sales tax to the floor, and watch it get voted down 20-415...

[Image: 85d1d0564ae989515e56be7fde84bf05.jpeg]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 03:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Getting Closer !!!   McCarthy voted with the Dems 46% of the time whereas Pelosi voted with the GOP 7% of the time

#Democrats4McCarthy   #Bipartison   #Center