Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

I've been seeing lots of tweets about the stadium getting a billion dollar renovation adding shade and altering capacity down to an even 60,000 + lots of modern amenities.

https://twitter.com/andrewbadillo99/stat...DgwRJh8W9Q

https://twitter.com/Venues_Now/status/16...DgwRJh8W9Q

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lawrence effect ?

Either way this is pretty cool. Great time to be a Jaguars fan.

(01-04-2023, 08:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence effect ?

Either way this is pretty cool. Great time to be a Jaguars fan.

They've been talking about it for 2 years openly, but a winning team will let them push to get the approval done ASAP. I think they've been waiting for this moment for some time so they could kick it into gear.

The house that Trevor built.

Pretty good chance that I may be a part of the renovations. It’ll be interesting what company is awarded the contract.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Good. The city and the team need to be proactive with this.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Got er done. Just in time for a 25+ year lease extension.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 10:09 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

It won't be easy to retrofit shade into a structure that wasn't intended to have any. The $1B price tag sounds right. Since they want to reduce the number of seats, I predict the topmost seats in the 400 level might be demolished, and the structure underneath will be the what the canopy attaches to. Cheaper that way. Or they might build an independent canopy and spread out the seats similar to what happened at hard Rock. But the first option sounds better and more likely.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Good timing on bringing this project up to the public, hopefully it does jot jinx us this Saturday

Trevor is going to sell the place out.. The shade will make it 'standing room only'..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Yeah it won’t be long and it will be hard to find a Jaguar ticket. Hopefully we’re looking at being one of the best teams in the NFL for the next 10 years.

The team and the city is going to cash in.

(01-04-2023, 10:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: It won't be easy to retrofit shade into a structure that wasn't intended to have any.  The $1B price tag sounds right.  Since they want to reduce the number of seats,  I predict the topmost seats in the 400 level might be demolished, and the structure underneath will be the what the canopy attaches to.  Cheaper that way.  Or they might build an independent canopy and spread out the seats similar to what happened at hard Rock.  But the first option sounds better and more likely.

I wonder if they can install some Big [BLEEP] Fans under the canopies to move the air.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 11:37 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2023, 09:29 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Pretty good chance that I may be a part of the renovations. It’ll be interesting what company is awarded the contract.

Preliminary is some global outfit called HOK. Saw it on a Jax news station clip on YouTube. No contract has been signed yet but that's who the Jags organization chose.

And $1B was not the price tag though it's close. Several hundred million for sure. Maybe $600-800 million. Don't remember exactly.

(01-04-2023, 11:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 09:29 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Pretty good chance that I may be a part of the renovations. It’ll be interesting what company is awarded the contract.

Preliminary is some global outfit called HOK. Saw it on a Jax news station clip on YouTube. No contract has been signed yet but that's who the Jags organization chose.

And $1B was not the price tag though it's close. Several hundred million for sure. Maybe $600-800 million. Don't remember exactly.

from the article (dated today) in OP - since you didn't read it  Tongue  :

Quote:HOK will assume the role of design architect if the Jaguars move ahead with the renovations, Lamping said. A construction manager has not been selected, pending public procurement guidelines.

Quote:[font='Open Sans', sans-serif]Industry sources say the renovations in Jacksonville could reach $1 billion, but Lamping said it’s too early to provide an estimate, considering market volatility for construction materials.[/font]

[font='Open Sans', sans-serif]“We haven’t got to that level of precision, so we’d rather not get into projecting cost at this point before we have the real opportunity to sit down with our partners, principally the city of Jacksonville, to see if we can structure something that makes sense,” he said.[/font]

Quote:As a firm, HOK designed the $755 million transformation of Hard Rock Stadium, home of the Miami Dolphins, showcasing a roof canopy retrofit. The three-year project was completed in 2016.

You work for Miller Elec?

(01-04-2023, 11:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

They apparently did the original plans to create the stadium from the Gator bowl.

I'm not sure what features they would add as there isn't really anything big that I think is missing from the stadium other than the sun shade.

The bathrooms need the plumbing redone. Maybe some new food options, cooling in the walkways, etc but not much to be done in the stadium. They could do a ton outside and around the stadium.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Now's your chance, Khan.... replace the pools with a lazy river. Do it... DO IT!

(01-04-2023, 11:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 10:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: It won't be easy to retrofit shade into a structure that wasn't intended to have any.  The $1B price tag sounds right.  Since they want to reduce the number of seats,  I predict the topmost seats in the 400 level might be demolished, and the structure underneath will be the what the canopy attaches to.  Cheaper that way.  Or they might build an independent canopy and spread out the seats similar to what happened at hard Rock.  But the first option sounds better and more likely.

I wonder if they can install some Big [BLEEP] Fans under the canopies to move the air.

Nice! Haha.

(01-05-2023, 12:22 AM)jaglyn Wrote:

You work for Miller Elec?

I’m with the Union Ironworkers. If one of our contractors is awarded the job I’ll try to get on it.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I think the city should put in a clause that the mandatory home game in London goes away... I'm sick of one hone game a year being lost to London, it's bogus. And if the city is going to invest that 1Billion, then we should receive all the benefits of the team and the stadium. That includes all possible home games available.