Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Renovation Talk 2023

Deal Imminent
https://twitter.com/wjxt4/status/1787992...Ie5OPeqkhg

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-07-2024, 11:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Deal Imminent

Yep. Should see an official announcement with full details next Tuesday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2024, 12:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

DONNA DEEGAN - THE QUEEN OF THE 904

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62joGTr76BM

(05-09-2024, 12:32 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: DONNA DEEGAN - THE QUEEN OF THE 904

It ranks at the top of the easiest decisions a Jacksonville mayor could make.

(05-09-2024, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

To any rational person who has attended a game and understands the impact this team has in our economy and the overall city in general would say yes.

The biggest and obvious argument against it (“tax payers should not have to pay for something that many in the city do not use”) imo is almost lazy at this point. It’s almost like saying- “Because I do not drive on that road, my tax dollars should not have to be used for its construction.”.  

I’m just happy it’s coming to fruition. Don’t want to be apart of the building because if that is anything like the practice field it will be a complete [BLEEP] show. But I am definitely looking forward to taking my son to games for a long time to come.

(05-08-2024, 11:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 11:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Deal Imminent

Yep. Should see an official announcement with full details next Tuesday.

And the game will begin!  at least 60 days of gnashing of teeth, political positioning and general chaos before the city council meets to vote.  Pull up a chair, it is gonna be quite a show.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-09-2024, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Where does the decision of tearing down The Landing and replacing it with Grass rank?

(05-12-2024, 07:52 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It ranks at the top of the easiest decisions a Jacksonville mayor could make.

To any rational person who has attended a game and understands the impact this team has in our economy and the overall city in general would say yes.

The biggest and obvious argument against it (“tax payers should not have to pay for something that many in the city do not use”) imo is almost lazy at this point. It’s almost like saying- “Because I do not drive on that road, my tax dollars should not have to be used for its construction.”.  

I’m just happy it’s coming to fruition. Don’t want to be apart of the building because if that is anything like the practice field it will be a complete [BLEEP] show. But I am definitely looking forward to taking my son to games for a long time to come.

Speaking of tax, this should not fall on the burden of Duval County to pick up the tax.  It should be shared between Duval, St. John's, Nassau, Baker, & Clay.   Even if it's prorated where Duval picks up 40% and the other 4 counties pick up 15% each .... or perhaps Duval 40%, St John's 20%, Clay 15%, Nassau 15%, and Baker 10%

(05-13-2024, 01:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-12-2024, 07:52 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: To any rational person who has attended a game and understands the impact this team has in our economy and the overall city in general would say yes.

Speaking of tax, this should not fall on the burden of Duval County to pick up the tax.  It should be shared between Duval, St. John's, Nassau, Baker, & Clay.   Even if it's prorated where Duval picks up 40% and the other 4 counties pick up 15% each .... or perhaps Duval 40%, St John's 20%, Clay 15%, Nassau 15%, and Baker 10%

I doubt the team has any economic impact on Baker County.  And the impact on Clay would be pretty small.  Visiting fans who don't stay in Duval likely stay in Nassau or St Johns, not Clay or Baker.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-13-2024, 02:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 01:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Speaking of tax, this should not fall on the burden of Duval County to pick up the tax.  It should be shared between Duval, St. John's, Nassau, Baker, & Clay.   Even if it's prorated where Duval picks up 40% and the other 4 counties pick up 15% each .... or perhaps Duval 40%, St John's 20%, Clay 15%, Nassau 15%, and Baker 10%

I doubt the team has any economic impact on Baker County.  And the impact on Clay would be pretty small.  Visiting fans who don't stay in Duval likely stay in Nassau or St Johns, not Clay or Baker.

We all benefit from the Jaguars staying in town.  Business growth and home prices increased significantly since the Jags moved to town, so most of the residents in the surrounding counties are impacted by having an NFL team in Jacksonville.   I'd also think that a large part of our fanbase is from Baker & Clay counties.   Without the Jags, we revert back to being Birmingham or Charleston.

Given the above, let's revise to reflect Baker 5%, Clay 10%, Nassau 15%, St. Johns 20%, Duval 50%

Duval County is the only county negotiating.

Why would any other county feel compelled to contribute?

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2024, 05:41 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

She was cornered and Shad knew it. Jacksonville native isn't gonna lose the Jags under their watch no matter what side of the aisle they represent.

(05-13-2024, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It ranks at the top of the easiest decisions a Jacksonville mayor could make.

Where does the decision of tearing down The Landing and replacing it with Grass rank?

Worst idea ever. Should have kept landing until a viable plan was in place, even if only used once per year.

(05-13-2024, 02:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 02:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: I doubt the team has any economic impact on Baker County.  And the impact on Clay would be pretty small.  Visiting fans who don't stay in Duval likely stay in Nassau or St Johns, not Clay or Baker.

We all benefit from the Jaguars staying in town.  Business growth and home prices increased significantly since the Jags moved to town, so most of the residents in the surrounding counties are impacted by having an NFL team in Jacksonville.   I'd also think that a large part of our fanbase is from Baker & Clay counties.   Without the Jags, we revert back to being Birmingham or Charleston.

Given the above, let's revise to reflect Baker 5%, Clay 10%, Nassau 15%, St. Johns 20%, Duval 50%

Curious what evidence ties home prices to a professional football team. What a silly comment.

If you look at at the top of the Stadium Rendering (Drawing), it appears that the creative oval shading does not yield any shade to those on the east or west sides of the stadium but rather encompasses a lot of shade in each endzone area. I assume this is for pizzazz but the real design will provide plenty of cover throughout the seating areas; otherwise we spend all of this $$ but get no relief from the heat.

(05-14-2024, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Duval County is the only county negotiating.

Why would any other county feel compelled to contribute?

In a true utopia the surrounding communities/counties do benefit from the Jaguars being here and would want to contribute to keep them in the community.  Anything else I would add to your response would be purely political and thusly I shall refrain.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(05-14-2024, 05:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

She was cornered and Shad knew it. Jacksonville native isn't gonna lose the Jags under their watch no matter what side of the aisle they represent.

(05-13-2024, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Where does the decision of tearing down The Landing and replacing it with Grass rank?

Worst idea ever. Should have kept landing until a viable plan was in place, even if only used once per year.

(05-13-2024, 02:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We all benefit from the Jaguars staying in town.  Business growth and home prices increased significantly since the Jags moved to town, so most of the residents in the surrounding counties are impacted by having an NFL team in Jacksonville.   I'd also think that a large part of our fanbase is from Baker & Clay counties.   Without the Jags, we revert back to being Birmingham or Charleston.

Curious what evidence ties home prices to a professional football team. What a silly comment.

So, you don't think St Johns County has directly benefitted by the fact that the Jags are here and have lured industry to this area?   I think it's silly NOT to think that Jacksonville has separated itself from Birmingham and Charleston primarily because of the Jags.  Just looks at what has happened in the past 30 years.

NOTE:  I'm simply stating that having the Jags here has "contributed" to expansion of the city, luring businesses here, and an increase in property values.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2024, 08:47 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some things are in flux based on the early reports. It sounds like not everything the Jags asked for will be built, and some things they didn't originally ask for will be built, but looks like it's going forward.

Looking forward to that short drive to see the 2027 season (for me)!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-14-2024, 06:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 05:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: She was cornered and Shad knew it. Jacksonville native isn't gonna lose the Jags under their watch no matter what side of the aisle they represent.

So, you don't think St Johns County has directly benefitted by the fact that the Jags are here and have lured industry to this area?   I think it's silly NOT to think that Jacksonville has separated itself from Birmingham and Charleston primarily because of the Jags.  Just looks at what has happened in the past 30 years.

NOTE:  I'm simply stating that having the Jags here has "contributed" to expansion of the city, luring businesses here, and an increase in property values.

The draw to St John's County is the school system, so no.

I'm not disputing that having the Jags isn't a good thing, just not willing to associate it with increased property values.

Looks like the most basic break down of the proposal going to city council is that the Jags and COJ would split the cost of the build almost right down the middle and the Jags would begin taking over operation expenses that the COJ had previously covered in the old lease.

Jags would be liable for any cost overruns.

That's just from a cursory glance however. 

Details here if you have the time investigate further tonight. I do not:

https://www.jacksonville.gov/sotf

(05-14-2024, 07:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 06:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, you don't think St Johns County has directly benefitted by the fact that the Jags are here and have lured industry to this area?   I think it's silly NOT to think that Jacksonville has separated itself from Birmingham and Charleston primarily because of the Jags.  Just looks at what has happened in the past 30 years.

The draw to St John's County is the school system, so no.

I'm not disputing that having the Jags isn't a good thing, just not willing to associate it with increased property values.

Really not worth arguing about as the solution is very simple. Duval county residents get one price for tickets and the surrounding counties that do not help out get another.  Seems fair to me. Another way to put it is one price for tickets and residents get a small discount.
A new broom always sweeps clean.