Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

(01-12-2023, 11:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 04:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The only thing that made 2030 and 2021 bearable was the promise of Trevor Lawrence.

What made the first half of this year bearable were the wins over Indy and the Bolts and the addedd presence of Pederson.  We saw what this tea was capable of doing.  That five game losing streak was horrible, but as it turns out, it was a necessary evil, because it drove Trevor Lawrence to anotheer level and taught the team asa whole how to close games out and how to win.

Starting with the Raiders game the Jaguars fan base regained its smile.  After so many years...we have reason to smile.

I love it.

Exactly. Lawrence was the piece we'd been missing and we just needed to be patient and let him grow. I worried Meyer had sent him down a bad path and we've seen many a good QB in this league get ruined by bad HC's and not be able to pull it back but I credit Khan for seeing his mistake and correcting it before it got any worse.

I remember being on the gameday thread for that Raiders game and first half it seemed to be here we go again but this team did what we've all been waiting to see a Jags team do, fight back, fight through the adversity and they've just kept going. The win over Dallas was huge and started to get the TV talking heads take notice. 

I love the belief this team has I each other and the coaches and the fans have always been here, they just needed something to cheer.

Like I said earlier, this doesn't feel like a good year, this feels like the start of something and I can't wait.

You damn right, my friend.  

This is the start of something.  There were many (and I'm not taking receipts, but we all know) that saw what happened in October and just assumed this team was a bust, this QB was a bust, and this HC was a bust.

But, the real fans saw that there was so much potential.  Even in our losses, there was potential.  We looked like a team.  And that small kernal of hope just kept getting harder and more tough to crack.  And then the Fever Nightmare of October ended and the team began to realize it's self.  And there were many fans that knew the come up was due.

If you watched how Trevor survived 2021 with Urban, you knew he'd be resilient.  And here we are.  

Tommorrow night is the night we really come out to the NFL.  We beat their dirty haired darling and we go on to KC.   That's what flips the NFL on it's head.  And I'm here for it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2023, 01:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 12:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: May our reign atop the AFC South be long and prosperous!!!

I heard Shad Khan has reached out to Tom Coughlin on a possible return as President of Operations, overseeing all transactions and player personnel.  Josh Allen and Travon Walker immediately cited aching backs, pregnant girlfriends, and they are demanding trades to the Rams.  Let the rebuild begin.

Bite your tongue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!