Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2023, 04:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Just got home from the game. Loudest Jaguar game i've ever experienced, ears were ringing afterwards.

The curse of 1999 has been erased!!

That being said, the tacks came up with the perfect game plan, and almost carried it out for a win. If our D doesn't pick off Dobbs, and then force the fumble, then likely we lose. Yes, they were more rested. Yes, they were better on D than our first mtg. Could they have won this with a healthy Tanneyhill? I believe so.  I will never refuse a win over the loathsome tacks, but we better block for the run a whole lot better next game or we are looking at 1 and done.  D saved us today. 

What an incredible ending to the game and the regular season. On to the playoffs!!!

Let me tell you what would have happened IF that fumble call had been reversed.  The Jags get the ball back with plenty of time to tie the game or score a touchdown. IF the game went into overtime, the Jags either win or tie, then win the South. They were not going to lose last night.

We saw a changing of the guard last night. Man does it feel good to get that monkey off our backs.

(01-08-2023, 11:28 AM)Jags Wrote: We saw a changing of the guard last night.  Man does it feel good to get that monkey off our backs.

Yes,

This is the beginning of a new order in the AFC South.

This is the beginning of the Jaguars era.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-08-2023, 05:03 AM)captivating Wrote: The biggest thing erased was the Urban stank.  The utter embarrassment that was 2021 is now a distant memory.

We rarely agree on anything, maybe never, but we agree on this.

(01-08-2023, 01:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 12:43 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: This felt huge for the fans, the players, the staff, hell the whole Franchise. After last year especially, things were as bleak as I've ever known and that's saying something for us.

But this felt like the cleaning of that whole slate, the start of a new blank page for the Jags and our future and beating the T*tans, that way and in a game that had so much riding on it was the perfect way to do that.

This isn't just about this year, this is for the next 10 years and I cannot wait. 

The South runs through Duval.
Tell me about it.

All of those negative streaks erased.

Not being able to win on the West Coast...
All of those losses against NFC East teams...
All of those losses against Houston...
All of those losses against Tennessee..
All of those years out of the playoffs...
All of those years not winning the division...
All of those years without hope...

GONE!!!!!!

Thank you Jaguars!

I'm so proud!!!

This is an excellent illustration of the depth of change which has happened…in just one season!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 03:17 PM by rfc17. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2023, 04:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: That being said, the tacks came up with the perfect game plan, and almost carried it out for a win. If our D doesn't pick off Dobbs, and then force the fumble, then likely we lose. Yes, they were more rested. Yes, they were better on D than our first mtg. Could they have won this with a healthy Tanneyhill? I believe so.  I will never refuse a win over the loathsome tacks, but we better block for the run a whole lot better next game or we are looking at 1 and done.  D saved us today. 

What an incredible ending to the game and the regular season. On to the playoffs!!!

Agreed. That entire game was played on the Titans terms.  If we had been able to jump out to an early lead, it could have been a blowout.  But give it to the Titans, they forced us to play on their terms and we barely escaped.  If you told them they would have jumped out to a 10-0 lead with 5 minutes left in the 1st half and we would have only had two drives at that point, that would have been as ideal a scenario as they could have come up with.  A couple random thoughts...

I think many will disagree but I don't think Lawrence played a bad game.  Wasn't close to his first game against Tennessee and wasn't great.  But it's not like it was awful either.  Those two bad missed touchdown passes (the one overthrow and then the underthrow to the pylon where it was almost a PI) where we had to settle for FGs are throws he had been making of late.  And he needs to make for us to make a run in the playoffs.  And felt like some of the missed opportunities early in the year.  But other than those two plays which you can't excuse, he wasn't bad.  The offense really sputtered in the 4th quarter but a lot of that was the Titans.

Which leads to my next thought.  While the Titans defense really benefited from having the lead, they obviously completely shut down our running game.  And it felt like at times they almost knew what our playcalls were.  Seemed like everytime we had Lawrence roll out on a bootleg, there was a Titan player that had stayed at home who was able to put pressure on Lawrence and threw off the timing of the play.  On the one drive with about 13 minutes left in game they sniffed out the screen and Lawrence had to throw it in the ground.   And then obviously on our last actual drive, Scherff got abused.  Gave up the sack on the first play.  Looked like he was beat on the second play even though Lawrence connected with Engram.  Their defense made us completely one dimensional, they were able to get pressure on Lawrence at times, and they prevented Lawrence from making throws on the run or even scrambling.  I don't think he even had a carry.

Anyone else notice Corey Peters stuffing Henry on multiple runs?  I barely knew the guy was even playing, and while hard to tell sometimes when at the game, but there were multiple replays on the jumbotron where I could have sworn he was the first one making contact with Henry and wrapping him up.  Titans got Henry rolling a little bit.  Was always chipping away allowing them short conversions.  But Henry never had any big plays.  

Still can't believe we won.  On the fumble touchdown, if the Titans had actually converted that 3rd down, that might have been game over for us.  They could have continued milking the clock, forcing us to use timeouts, and with the way their defense was rolling, not sure we could have moved the ball all the way down for a touchdown. (edit... also the guy Dobbs was throwing to on that 3rd down was wide open... pushed off so should have been clear offensive PI but I didnt see a flag on the ground)

(01-08-2023, 03:14 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [quote="NewJagsCity" pid="1524010" dateline="1673167508"]

I think many will disagree but I don't think Lawrence played a bad game.  Wasn't close to his first game against Tennessee and wasn't great.  But it's not like it was awful either.  Those two bad missed touchdown passes (the one overthrow and then the underthrow to the pylon where it was almost a PI) where we had to settle for FGs are throws he had been making of late.  And he needs to make for us to make a run in the playoffs.  And felt like some of the missed opportunities early in the year.  But other than those two plays which you can't excuse, he wasn't bad.  The offense really sputtered in the 4th quarter but a lot of that was the Titans.

Anyone else notice Corey Peters stuffing Henry on multiple runs?  I barely knew the guy was even playing, and while hard to tell sometimes when at the game, but there were multiple replays on the jumbotron where I could have sworn he was the first one making contact with Henry and wrapping him up.  Titans got Henry rolling a little bit.  Was always chipping away allowing them short conversions.  But Henry never had any big plays.  

Can’t agree more. Peters made a real impact on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-08-2023, 03:25 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 03:14 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 04:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think many will disagree but I don't think Lawrence played a bad game.  Wasn't close to his first game against Tennessee and wasn't great.  But it's not like it was awful either.  Those two bad missed touchdown passes (the one overthrow and then the underthrow to the pylon where it was almost a PI) where we had to settle for FGs are throws he had been making of late.  And he needs to make for us to make a run in the playoffs.  And felt like some of the missed opportunities early in the year.  But other than those two plays which you can't excuse, he wasn't bad.  The offense really sputtered in the 4th quarter but a lot of that was the Titans.

Can’t agree more. Peters made a real impact on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't noticed Peters much this season, but looking it up, he has gotten over 20% of the defensive snaps.  That's more than I would have thought.  Last night, he got over 38%.  He's a big guy, similar to DeVon Hamilton.  They obviously wanted his size to stop Henry.

(01-08-2023, 04:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: That being said, the tacks came up with the perfect game plan, and almost carried it out for a win. If our D doesn't pick off Dobbs, and then force the fumble, then likely we lose. Yes, they were more rested. Yes, they were better on D than our first mtg. Could they have won this with a healthy Tanneyhill? I believe so.  I will never refuse a win over the loathsome tacks, but we better block for the run a whole lot better next game or we are looking at 1 and done.  D saved us today. 

Agreed. That entire game was played on the Titans terms.  If we had been able to jump out to an early lead, it could have been a blowout.  But give it to the Titans, they forced us to play on their terms and we barely escaped.  If you told them they would have jumped out to a 10-0 lead with 5 minutes left in the 1st half and we would have only had two drives at that point, that would have been as ideal a scenario as they could have come up with.  A couple random thoughts...

Which leads to my next thought.  While the Titans defense really benefited from having the lead, they obviously completely shut down our running game.  And it felt like at times they almost knew what our playcalls were.  Seemed like everytime we had Lawrence roll out on a bootleg, there was a Titan player that had stayed at home who was able to put pressure on Lawrence and threw off the timing of the play.  On the one drive with about 13 minutes left in game they sniffed out the screen and Lawrence had to throw it in the ground.   And then obviously on our last actual drive, Scherff got abused.  Gave up the sack on the first play.  Looked like he was beat on the second play even though Lawrence connected with Engram.  Their defense made us completely one dimensional, they were able to get pressure on Lawrence at times, and they prevented Lawrence from making throws on the run or even scrambling.  I don't think he even had a carry.

Still can't believe we won.  On the fumble touchdown, if the Titans had actually converted that 3rd down, that might have been game over for us.  They could have continued milking the clock, forcing us to use timeouts, and with the way their defense was rolling, not sure we could have moved the ball all the way down for a touchdown.  (edit... also the guy Dobbs was throwing to on that 3rd down was wide open... pushed off so should have been clear offensive PI but I didnt see a flag on the ground)

Peters jumped out a few times for me too. The first time, I had to double check the # on the jersey. 

Several good observations in that post. ^

Henry was excellent (as expected) but the D also did a fantastic job in forcing a lot of 3rd down some 4th down conversions. It was Dobb's unbelievable hot hand early that caused us issues. Thankfully we started to pressure him and that appeared to seed some doubt in his mind. Also, some outstanding punts that backed them up inside their own 10.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-08-2023, 04:07 PM)captivating Wrote: Henry was excellent (as expected) but the D also did a fantastic job in forcing a lot of 3rd down some 4th down conversions.  It was Dobb's unbelievable hot hand early that caused us issues.  Thankfully we started to pressure him and that appeared to seed some doubt in his mind.  Also, some outstanding punts that backed them up inside their own 10.

Agreed, I was frankly shocked at how poised and accurate he looked early. Even though his final stats were pretty pedestrian, he nearly led them to a big upset.

I dunno why but sometimes a journeyman can do that on short notice. I remember when Todd Bouman nearly led us to what at the time would have been a huge upset of the Cardinals. Then there was Steve Mathews who did lead us to a big W against the Giants many years ago.

I guess it's that the opposing DC doesn't have as much tape to strategize a defense which is why those journeymen can't typically keep it going.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-08-2023, 01:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 12:43 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: This felt huge for the fans, the players, the staff, hell the whole Franchise. After last year especially, things were as bleak as I've ever known and that's saying something for us.

But this felt like the cleaning of that whole slate, the start of a new blank page for the Jags and our future and beating the T*tans, that way and in a game that had so much riding on it was the perfect way to do that.

This isn't just about this year, this is for the next 10 years and I cannot wait. 

The South runs through Duval.
Tell me about it.

GONE!!!!!!

Thank you Jaguars!

I'm so proud!!!

Your so right Bullseye. A lot of those streaks had hung around from numerous teams and coaches. So great to see them get swept away.

I was as low as I've been as a Jags fan at the end of last season and while they will always be my team, I was tired of us making our own problems and that's what's made this year so much sweeter. Just showing what we can do and look at the Bank last night, so great to see it so packed and rocking like it was.

Peters had a heck of a game. That’s a big ol boy.

Big Ham

(01-08-2023, 08:44 AM)Jagulars Wrote: https://youtu.be/YvvwFW7kyWM

Amazing lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 01:33 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-08-2023, 12:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: May our reign atop the AFC South be long and prosperous!!!

I heard Shad Khan has reached out to Tom Coughlin on a possible return as President of Operations, overseeing all transactions and player personnel.  Josh Allen and Travon Walker immediately cited aching backs, pregnant girlfriends, and they are demanding trades to the Rams.  Let the rebuild begin.

(01-09-2023, 01:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 12:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: May our reign atop the AFC South be long and prosperous!!!

I heard Shad Khan has reached out to Tom Coughlin on a possible return as President of Operations, overseeing all transactions and player personnel.  Josh Allen and Travon Walker immediately cited aching backs, pregnant girlfriends, and they are demanding trades to the Rams.  Let the rebuild begin.

Don't you put that evil on me!!!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2023, 08:12 AM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-08-2023, 09:57 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 01:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Tell me about it.

GONE!!!!!!

Thank you Jaguars!

I'm so proud!!!

Your so right Bullseye. A lot of those streaks had hung around from numerous teams and coaches. So great to see them get swept away.

I was as low as I've been as a Jags fan at the end of last season and while they will always be my team, I was tired of us making our own problems and that's what's made this year so much sweeter. Just showing what we can do and look at the Bank last night, so great to see it so packed and rocking like it was.
The only thing that made 2020 and 2021 bearable was the promise of Trevor Lawrence.

What made the first half of this year bearable were the wins over Indy and the Bolts and the addedd presence of Pederson.  We saw what this team was capable of doing.  That five game losing streak was horrible, but as it turns out, it was a necessary evil, because it drove Trevor Lawrence to anotheer level and taught the team asa whole how to close games out and how to win.

Starting with the Raiders game the Jaguars fan base regained its smile.  After so many years...we have reason to smile.

I love it.

Still can't believe we won.  On the fumble touchdown, if the Titans had actually converted that 3rd down, that might have been game over for us.  They could have continued milking the clock, forcing us to use timeouts, and with the way their defense was rolling, not sure we could have moved the ball all the way down for a touchdown.  (edit... also the guy Dobbs was throwing to on that 3rd down was wide open... pushed off so should have been clear offensive PI but I didnt see a flag on the ground)

This game seemed one of the few I could say Pederson was out coached.  Their approach to the passing game-keeping most passes within 6-10 yards of the LOS-helped to minimize mistakes and frustrate the defense.  I was livid when they got away with an obvious OPI to the left when they literally pancaked Tyson Campbell, but as an overall strategy, it was sound.  Defensively, they shut down the run, kept Engram out of the game, and had pressure on Trevor Lawrence.  It seemed to come from the inside in the first half and more from the outside in the second.  Sherff struggled to the point of concern.  That said, there were numerous times the receivers were open (Zay Jones in the end zone, Marvin Jones deep down the right sideline. Kirk at different times).  If we can bolster our offensive line this offseason and bring in Ridley and he's the same guy physically before his suspension, we'll be very difficult for them to defend.  Even if we can't run the ball on them, we'll have receivers who can get open.  Ridley added, I don't think they could defend Engram the same way.

(01-10-2023, 04:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:57 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Your so right Bullseye. A lot of those streaks had hung around from numerous teams and coaches. So great to see them get swept away.

The only thing that made 2030 and 2021 bearable was the promise of Trevor Lawrence.

What made the first half of this year bearable were the wins over Indy and the Bolts and the addedd presence of Pederson.  We saw what this tea was capable of doing.  That five game losing streak was horrible, but as it turns out, it was a necessary evil, because it drove Trevor Lawrence to anotheer level and taught the team asa whole how to close games out and how to win.

Starting with the Raiders game the Jaguars fan base regained its smile.  After so many years...we have reason to smile.

I love it.

Exactly. Lawrence was the piece we'd been missing and we just needed to be patient and let him grow. I worried Meyer had sent him down a bad path and we've seen many a good QB in this league get ruined by bad HC's and not be able to pull it back but I credit Khan for seeing his mistake and correcting it before it got any worse.

I remember being on the gameday thread for that Raiders game and first half it seemed to be here we go again but this team did what we've all been waiting to see a Jags team do, fight back, fight through the adversity and they've just kept going. The win over Dallas was huge and started to get the TV talking heads take notice. 

I love the belief this team has I each other and the coaches and the fans have always been here, they just needed something to cheer.

Like I said earlier, this doesn't feel like a good year, this feels like the start of something and I can't wait.