Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Caldwell Discussion Thread (Terminated)

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 01:13 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

I believe this defense was too complicated the first half of the season.  Before this streak at times it looked like one of the worst defenses of All Times.  The same players are figuring it out and have bought in.  The last 3 games the defense has gave up 22 points and has won us the last 3 games.  This is the defense baalke envisioned with his FA and draft.  If the offense can play at the level they have at times and the defense continue this play we can beat anybody.  Caldwell is that guy and I wanted him gone mid season.  Just goes to show sometimes it takes time. The time has come!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They have done enough but we'll see what happens now with a play off level atmosphere in the air at home.

It's crazy but this team could [BLEEP] around get hot in the play offs. If the defense and special teams can play like this?

All the offense has to do is execute and not turn it over. Left some points out there. No harm. No foul. It was against Dobbs.

You cannot do that with Tagovailoa or Herbert. I like our odds if the offense plays at the level ita capable of. Starts with Lawrence.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The defense has adjusted. They even made some tough decisions to sit players that weren't playing horribly (Lloyd) but were missing some plays. Still can't cover a TE if their lives depended on it..... The last couple weeks, they've played great aside from allowing unnecessarily open receivers at times, which usually end up being the defenders getting lost in traffic or caught on a pick.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 01:22 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-08-2023, 01:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They have done enough but we'll see what happens now with a play off level atmosphere in the air at home.

It's crazy but this team could [BLEEP] around get hot in the play offs. If the defense and special teams can play like this?

All the offense has to do is execute and not turn it over. Left some points out there. No harm. No foul. It was against Dobbs. Henry. You cannot do that with Tagovailoa or Herbert. I like our odds if the offense plays at the level ita capable of. Starts with Lawrence.

FIFY

(01-08-2023, 01:17 AM)raptor6581 Wrote: The defense has adjusted. They even made some tough decisions to sit players that weren't playing horribly (Lloyd) but were missing some plays. Still can't cover a TE if their lives depended on it..... The last couple weeks, they've played great aside from allowing unnecessarily open receivers at times, which usually end up being the defenders getting lost in traffic or caught on a pick.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

22 points given up the last 3 weeks.  The dense overall has played great these past 3 weeks.  The QBs havent been great but we have also already beat Herbert, Lamar, and Dak.  Only if our D and O can play at their abilities at the same time

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 01:31 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

1 TD given up the last 3 games

The are finally understanding Caldwell's defense.

Wilson, Mills and Dobbs. That's why you didn't give up so many points.

They played good enough defense against not so good enough, will be lucky to ever start another game in the NFL quarterbacks.

They're not figuring it out. They're just doing what you're supposed to do against lack luster talent.

All of this [BLEEP] is about to get cranked up a notch next week. You cannot overthrow TD passes. You cannot put the football on the ground. You cannot give up a pair of first downs on 4th down plays in one series.

There's still work to be done. They know that. A win is a win. I agree. However, you have to nit pick the details. The devil is always in the details.

This team has had the devil's own luck all season. Lucky breaks against Baltimore and Dallas. That luck eventually runs out and leaves you stranded.

This is a preview of things to come. Expectations go up. 24 hour rule. This game needs to be an afterthought by the end of tomorrow night.

They have a lot to clean up on offense. They have a lot to clean up on defense because your next opponent isn't coming in here with a 3rd string QB and one of the worst ranked secondaries.

This game should be a reality check. An eye opener. We're lucky to be in this play off situation. Don't [BLEEP] it up.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The nfl is always tricky. If you have an off day, you often lose. It almost happened today. I agree we basically gave away 7 points today between the fumble and the missed td pass. Luckily, we got 10 off turnovers in return. You won’t always be so lucky, but it says a lot that the team never gave up and found a way to win ugly. Sometimes that is what it takes. We definitely need to clean things up, but it’s now a new week.

They have played great recently. The second half was great to see. I also love they are playing Walker more on the defensive line. He had one heck of a game today rushing from a 3 point stance. Good job adjusting getting the most out of his players.

(01-08-2023, 01:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Wilson, Mills and Dobbs. That's why you didn't give up so many points.

They played good enough defense against not so good enough, will be lucky to ever start another game in the NFL quarterbacks.

They're not figuring it out. They're just doing what you're supposed to do against lack luster talent.

All of this [BLEEP] is about to get cranked up a notch next week. You cannot overthrow TD passes. You cannot put the football on the ground. You cannot give up a pair of first downs on 4th down plays in one series.

There's still work to be done. They know that. A win is a win. I agree. However, you have to nit pick the details. The devil is always in the details.

This team has had the devil's own luck all season. Lucky breaks against Baltimore and Dallas. That luck eventually runs out and leaves you stranded.

This is a preview of things to come. Expectations go up. 24 hour rule. This game needs to be an afterthought by the end of tomorrow night.

They have a lot to clean up on offense. They have a lot to clean up on defense because your next opponent isn't coming in here with a 3rd string QB and one of the worst ranked secondaries.

This game should be a reality check. An eye opener. We're lucky to be in this play off situation. Don't [BLEEP] it up.

lololol, did you not watch the Chargers game or the Ravens game earlier this year?  Thats who we are playing, defense was great against both.  What about against Dak?  Does he suck too?

(01-08-2023, 01:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 01:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Wilson, Mills and Dobbs. That's why you didn't give up so many points.

lololol, did you not watch the Chargers game or the Ravens game earlier this year?  Thats who we are playing, defense was great against both.  What about against Dak?  Does he suck too?
It's different. And you know it. Stop comparing week three Chargers to week seventeen Chargers. The Ravens game had multiple lucky breaks. Including a dropped Oliver TD pass and a barely short field goal attempt by Tucker. Lawrence fumbled in that Dallas game and they got the ball back defensively.

That's a lot of lucky breaks and its setting up the fans for a major heartbreak IF they dont put a complete game together. Thats all I am saying.

Mike Caldwell since the bye week has just gotten better and better at milking production from this defense despite a few weak spots on the roster.

It's crazy how this team has gelled on so many levels since the bye.

I'd really like to see what Caldwell does in '23 with a similar roster plus a nickel and another interior pass rusher.

A little heavy handed... but this post gets a +1 from me.

I want to see the defense step up in every game moving forward, because the next 3 games will be the test of how good they've become, not the last 3.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

It helps when you play Zach Wilson, Davis Mills and Josh Dobbs but glad they’re playing well!

(01-08-2023, 01:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 01:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lololol, did you not watch the Chargers game or the Ravens game earlier this year?  Thats who we are playing, defense was great against both.  What about against Dak?  Does he suck too?
It's different. And you know it. Stop comparing week three Chargers to week seventeen Chargers. The Ravens game had multiple lucky breaks. Including a dropped Oliver TD pass and a barely short field goal attempt by Tucker. Lawrence fumbled in that Dallas game and they got the ball back defensively.

That's a lot of lucky breaks and its setting up the fans for a major heartbreak IF they dont put a complete game together. Thats all I am saying.

Heartbreak? We won the division and made the playoffs in a year people couldn't decide if we'd win 3 or 6 games total. There's no heartbreak here, even if we lose next week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2023, 07:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 01:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's different. And you know it. Stop comparing week three Chargers to week seventeen Chargers. The Ravens game had multiple lucky breaks. Including a dropped Oliver TD pass and a barely short field goal attempt by Tucker. Lawrence fumbled in that Dallas game and they got the ball back defensively.

Heartbreak? We won the division and made the playoffs in a year people couldn't decide if we'd win 3 or 6 games total. There's no heartbreak here, even if we lose next week.

Lol seriously

Settle for less. That's on you all. I set my goal high. You dont get opportunities and lucky like this all the time.

(01-08-2023, 04:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It helps when you play Zach Wilson, Davis Mills and Josh Dobbs but glad they’re playing well!

I’d rather a good performance against those QBs vs letting them rip us to shreds

(01-08-2023, 08:26 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 04:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It helps when you play Zach Wilson, Davis Mills and Josh Dobbs but glad they’re playing well!

I’d rather a good performance against those QBs vs letting them rip us to shreds

I mean Dobbs did look like Patty Mahomes in the 1st half yesterday.

Does crow taste nice with a white sauce?

This defense has really been playing well all season.

If it wasn’t for 2 blown coverages in week 3, it would be 4 straight good outings for the defense.

If the pass rushers can get their act together, should be a really good unit.