Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Caldwell Discussion Thread (Terminated)

Hopefully he's around for another season and some team takes Press Taylor off our hands.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They are better than I thought they'd be. Caldwell does see to be evolving in year 2. Get him one more pass rusher and a nickel - might be a pretty good defense from a league ranking perspective.

Next week is a biiiiiggggg test for them.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 06:32 PM by Jag88.)

Huge test next game. We all liked what we seen today im sure.

Agreed. Just need Walker to start consistently complimenting Allen as a pass rusher and we need to get Hamilton and Smoot back in the mix.

Can't wait to see how he utilizes Antonio Johnson at some point in the nickel / box role defensively as well.

Buffalo will be crossing the pond hot. After hammering Washington last week and Miami today they're probably now your media darlings of the AFC.

I hope he cooks something up good for Allen and Diggs.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-01-2023, 06:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They are better than I thought they'd be. Caldwell does see to be evolving in year 2. Get him one more pass rusher and a nickel - might be a pretty good defense from a league ranking perspective.

Next week is a biiiiiggggg test for them.

I really, really want to see Josh Allen hugging it out with Josh Allen again.

[Image: fb471fb8-80e4-4d4d-8f4b-a3e995c2a0b5-AP_...&auto=webp]

Our defense has exceeded my expectations of how they would be performing so far - but there are still things they need to shore up as a unit.

Namely, securing the tackle by wrapping up and having more pressure/disruption of the opposing QB with ultimately more sacks.

Allen had a tremendous day today against the Falcons, but their O-line has been equally as terrible as ours by giving up 7 sacks on Ridder the previous week. So ideally, I would like to see our defense step up to the challenge and produce against a team that is in the upper echelon of the NFL.

All we need is for Walker to turn into that guy and the D can be very good

Last year the plan ran off the rails because williams didn't fit inside. Luckily, he fit outside. This year, when they knew williams was outside and Herndon was inside they can design a defense around that paradigm. They send Herndon a lot because Sisco is good enough to cover a slot guy. You also see a lot of heavy nickel with Dewey. Great plan.

I worry about the pass rush down the stretch. Last year, Smoot and key took a lot of reps. Sometimes they'd take whole series. This year your going to have a lot more front line shapes for walker and Allen. I hope they don't get burned out.

That was a very good performance by the defense.

They were playing down hill and really flowing to the ball playing really sound fundamentally.

I really enjoyed the gang tackling and the tipped passes.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(10-01-2023, 08:29 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: That was a very good performance by the defense.

They were playing down hill and really flowing to the ball playing really sound fundamentally.

Chad Muma had some nice tipped passes towards the end of the game. He did get exposed by Bijan but that's expected.

(10-01-2023, 06:38 PM)enigma Wrote: Our defense has exceeded my expectations of how they would be performing so far - but there are still things they need to shore up as a unit.

Namely, securing the tackle by wrapping up and having more pressure/disruption of the opposing QB with ultimately more sacks.

Allen had a tremendous day today against the Falcons, but their O-line has been equally as terrible as ours by giving up 7 sacks on Ridder the previous week. So ideally, I would like to see our defense step up to the challenge and produce against a team that is in the upper echelon of the NFL.

Tackling is a league wide problem, not a surprise seeing as these guys really don't practice or hit much anymore in camp/at all really. Everything is catered to the offenses.

(10-01-2023, 08:00 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Last year the plan ran off the rails because williams didn't fit inside.  Luckily, he fit outside.  This year, when they knew williams was outside and Herndon was inside they can design a defense around that paradigm.  They send Herndon a lot because Sisco is good enough to cover a slot guy.  You also see a lot of heavy nickel with Dewey.  Great plan. 

I worry about the pass rush down the stretch. Last year, Smoot and key took a lot of reps.  Sometimes they'd take whole series.  This year your going to have a lot more front line shapes for walker and Allen. I hope they don't get burned out.

All of this is true. ^

Williams finished the year last year looking very good outside and he's back at it:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...25816?s=20

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...25816?s=20

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2023, 07:07 PM by carp8dm.)

Herndon needs some love for saving a TD that would have changed the total momentum of the game.

Dude got a lot of hate, but he shows up big when it matters. The way he pushed out the WR in the EZ was HUGE. Dude is always right there in man to man coverage. He earned his money on Sunday.

(10-02-2023, 07:07 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Herndon needs some love for saving a TD that would have changed the total momentum of the game.

Dude got a lot of hate, but he shows up big when it matters.  The way he pushed out the WR in the EZ was HUGE.  Dude is always right there in man to man coverage.  He earned his money on Sunday.

Herndon sucks 80% of the time and occasionally makes a play.

YAY!

(10-02-2023, 07:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 07:07 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Herndon needs some love for saving a TD that would have changed the total momentum of the game.

Dude got a lot of hate, but he shows up big when it matters.  The way he pushed out the WR in the EZ was HUGE.  Dude is always right there in man to man coverage.  He earned his money on Sunday.

Herndon sucks 80% of the time and occasionally makes a play.

YAY!

Dudes been a Jaguar for several years...  Pretty sure he doesn't suck 80% of the time...

(10-02-2023, 08:01 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 07:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Herndon sucks 80% of the time and occasionally makes a play.

YAY!

Dudes been a Jaguar for several years...  Pretty sure he doesn't suck 80% of the time...

Bro the JAGUARS suck 80% of the time.  What are you talking about?

Herndon is one of the best nickels in the NFL. #Facts

Where’s them Herndon Haters??????

(10-02-2023, 08:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Herndon is one of the best nickels in the NFL. #Facts

Where’s them Herndon Haters??????

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 10:24 AM by I am Yoda.)

(10-01-2023, 06:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Just need Walker to start consistently complimenting Allen as a pass rusher and we need to get Hamilton and Smoot back in the mix.

Can't wait to see how he utilizes Antonio Johnson at some point in the nickel / box role defensively as well.

Buffalo will be crossing the pond hot. After hammering Washington last week and Miami today they're probably now your media darlings of the AFC.

Bills are hot. But they rise or fall on Allen. When he’s on his A game, he’s amazing. When he reverts to form…not so much. Our D is better than Miami’s. We’ve got a puncher’s chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10-02-2023, 09:36 AM)Jagsman Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 08:29 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: That was a very good performance by the defense.

Chad Muma had some nice tipped passes towards the end of the game. He did get exposed by Bijan but that's expected.

Bijan breaks everyone’s ankles. I’m not going to hold that against him. I wonder that our defense would look like with Muma on the inside starting, Devin taking Travon’s OLB spot, and Travon being used as a roving D lineman?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 11:08 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-03-2023, 10:21 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 06:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Just need Walker to start consistently complimenting Allen as a pass rusher and we need to get Hamilton and Smoot back in the mix.

Bills are hot. But they rise or fall on Allen. When he’s on his A game, he’s amazing. When he reverts to form…not so much. Our D is better than Miami’s. We’ve got a puncher’s chance.

(10-02-2023, 09:36 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Chad Muma had some nice tipped passes towards the end of the game. He did get exposed by Bijan but that's expected.

Bijan breaks everyone’s ankles. I’m not going to hold that against him. I wonder that our defense would look like with Muma on the inside starting, Devin taking Travon’s OLB spot, and Travon being used as a roving D lineman?

Agreed on Allen.

Agreed on the defensive alignment change up. Some of us have been saying this since last year.

This staff has played key players out of position. It's frustrating. Muma is a natural inside backer, Lloyd was a natural outside backer and Walker was better at Georgia playing down and with his hands in the dirt and not upright.

Even Fortner. 5 year starter at Kentucky. Just 1 year as a Center. He's more than likely a better fit at RG for this team.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."