Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Caldwell Discussion Thread (Terminated)

I was just thinking how Dave Caldwell drafted Quincy Williams and Urbzy cut him after camp.

Now, with Mike Caldwell initially wanting a package for that safety/LB hybrid money-backer in his defense, oof, what a waste. Could have had a good one and saved some draft capital on the LB spot too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 06:21 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-17-2023, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was just thinking how Dave Caldwell drafted Quincy Williams and Urbzy cut him after camp.

Now, with Mike Caldwell initially wanting a package for that safety/LB hybrid money-backer in his defense, oof, what a waste. Could have had a good one and saved some draft capital on the LB spot too.
Lageman kept bringing up Antonio Johnson yesterday. Speaks very highly of him. Said to keep an eye on him as the season picks up.

Maybe he can fill this role to some an extent. I know he played the slot in college well and he was a damn good tackler in the preseason.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(10-17-2023, 09:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/dandgriffis/status/1...-VtZB6L1eA
Yep. Said it after gameday. He's been night and day this year. He's starting to see the game slow down a bit. Boselli and Lageman think he played his best game yet, even with a cast on.

Lageman also said Oluokon is making more TFL's and splash plays because he doesn't have to babysit him so much. Lloyd is actually calling out formations and alignments out there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-23-2023, 08:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JVillainsPod/status/...2455947566

McCoy looked like Fortner there

Anyone got a stat from the game of how many times our defence forced Saints to go for it on 4th down and what the completion rate was

(10-24-2023, 05:34 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone got a stat from  the game of how many times our defence forced Saints to go for it on 4th down and what the completion rate was

teach a man to fish

here's the PBP.

Caldwell has his team playing some really fundamentally sound team ball despite being down multiple staters. He is in the zone right now and really has the pulse of his players and is putting them in a position to succeed. I hope that he doesn’t get poached too soon because I really rooting for him.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 10:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Props to Wingard. Hes a captain on this team and he balled out filling in for Cisco.

"Dont have up a bunch of dawgs, George do better" Hahaha

https://youtu.be/w_BkbriaRQs?si=u_pvZfnGqAkqOCVv

(10-29-2023, 10:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...-VtZB6L1eA

I love this damn team.

(10-29-2023, 10:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...-VtZB6L1eA

100% it’s about them jags

Yea I got to admit I was on the fence after last year. He has this defense playing tough. I think we are like the 3rd best run defense in the league while being top 12 in scoring. The biggest stat the Jaguars still lead the league in forced turnovers.

Do we REALLY need another pass rusher? It would be nice to have, but Walker has been playing average lately. Don't like having Chaisson on the field, so depth would be nice. I was really tough on the defense last year after we let a couple of winnable games get away in the end.. then coming in this year it was a question of can the defense match the offense's efficiency and just outscore everyone... that isn't even the question. It's nice that the offense is capable of being a well-oiled machine and can swing for the fences at any moment, but it's nice to know you don't need that every single week to win games. Great leadership on the field and sideline has really rubbed off on everyone involved in this operation.. so culture is important, but we have something special here and hope the team gets some much deserved rest, but don't get too relaxed. The real push is coming we have some tough opponents and primetime games. Then whatever we get in the postseason.

Yes, we still need a pass rusher. We haven’t faced a great line yet with a mobile qb

Going to need for Lamar Hurts and Mahomes

(10-30-2023, 04:32 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Do we REALLY need another pass rusher?  It would be nice to have,  but Walker has been playing average lately.  Don't like having Chaisson on the field,  so depth would be nice.  I was really tough on the defense last year after we let a couple of winnable games get away in the end..  then coming in this year it was a question of can the defense match the offense's efficiency and just outscore everyone... that isn't even the question.  It's nice that the offense is capable of being a well-oiled machine and can swing for the fences at any moment,  but it's nice to know you don't need that every single week to win games.  Great leadership on the field and sideline has really rubbed off on everyone involved in this operation.. so culture is important,  but we have something special here and hope the team gets some much deserved rest,  but don't get too relaxed.  The real push is coming we have some tough opponents and primetime games.  Then whatever we get in the postseason.

no, we do not.

It's less a question of the contribution of anybody we add and more of what the cost would be to get them here or keep them around.

the only way we need a pass rusher is if they move someone inside, your not benching walker, so it's either you trade for a interior guy and bench one of those 3 or you move walker inside and replace him outside.

you could go get a like arden key type rotation guy for the pass downs. that would make the most sense.

PFF has Wingard playing at an elite level so far this year

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andrew-wingard/49268

(10-30-2023, 08:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: PFF has Wingard playing at an elite level so far this year

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andrew-wingard/49268

Prior to Cisco's injury he was only getting maybe a dozen snaps per game, but he has absolutely been very good as the next man up and when he came on in dime packages prior to that.

(10-30-2023, 04:32 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Do we REALLY need another pass rusher?  It would be nice to have,  but Walker has been playing average lately.  Don't like having Chaisson on the field,  so depth would be nice.  I was really tough on the defense last year after we let a couple of winnable games get away in the end..  then coming in this year it was a question of can the defense match the offense's efficiency and just outscore everyone... that isn't even the question.  It's nice that the offense is capable of being a well-oiled machine and can swing for the fences at any moment,  but it's nice to know you don't need that every single week to win games.  Great leadership on the field and sideline has really rubbed off on everyone involved in this operation.. so culture is important,  but we have something special here and hope the team gets some much deserved rest,  but don't get too relaxed.  The real push is coming we have some tough opponents and primetime games.  Then whatever we get in the postseason.

I just read your first sentence. The answer is you can never have too many of them.