Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Black Monday projection

In no particular order....and not including interims
Kliff Kingsbury
Sean McVay (resignation)
Lovie Smith
Jeff Saturday
Ron Rivera

Could be a couple more depending on the intentions of Sean Payton.

Thoughts?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And it begins..
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...0080204802

Saturday could stick around if they get him good assistant coaches. They are going to have to rebuild the team so keep a coach the fans at least liked.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I don't get firing Smith so quickly. That team had no QB and the roster sucked.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-09-2023, 08:08 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't get firing Smith so quickly.  That team had no QB and the roster sucked.

The owner didn't really want him to begin with but GM Caserio talked him into it. This is typical CYA by the guy trying to keep his own job. Never mind that the roster is the fault of the GM, he needs the coach to be the problem.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 09:31 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

That list sounds about right. Chicago would honestly be a dark horse pick for me. Eberflus was underwhelming at best. With the 32nd ranked defense overall that's really unacceptable IMHO. That's supposed to be his area of expertise.

At one point they were basically using Justin Fields like a RB and less like a QB. Just doesn't seem like he's going to be the answer there in the long term. Not sure what Baltimore will look like after this play off situation plays out but you almost wonder if maybe they'll look to drop Harbaugh soon. As well as Jackson not looking to stay there.

Greg Roman makes a lot of sense up there in Chicago for me personally. I also really like Joe Lombardi. The OC currently with the Chargers. Has good bloodlines, obviously. But, he's had success everywhere he's coached. Detroit with Caldwell. New Orleans with Payton. Now L.A. He's overdue for a chance to headcoach.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2023, 03:08 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Saturday could stick around if they get him good assistant coaches. They are going to have to rebuild the team so keep a coach the fans at least liked.

God I hope he does. He's a horrible HC.

(01-09-2023, 03:08 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Saturday could stick around if they get him good assistant coaches. They are going to have to rebuild the team so keep a coach the fans at least liked.

Firing him would require Irsay admitting he screwed up. He isn't the type of owner to do that.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 01:45 PM by Mikey.)

....they still need to interview for full time HC hire, right? I know there was some blowback about Rooney Rule when Saturday was first announced as interim.

(01-09-2023, 08:08 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't get firing Smith so quickly.  That team had no QB and the roster sucked.

That's two premature firings in a row for the tinhorns. I thought Culley deserved more of a shot than he was given last year, too.

Kingsbury gone.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

NFC West is a tough division. Will be interesting to see if McVay says [BLEEP] it and resigns as well. Looks like San Francisco, if they can just stay healthy at QB, they could be dominating the NFC West for awhile. Seattle started off hot but they faltered a lot down the stretch. Still, kudos to Carroll and Smith getting it together just enough for a play-off game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He was fired for winning the last game.  Lol
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

He didn't want to hire him in the first place.

But for the pressure associated with the Flores suit, he would hqve hired Josh Mccown....he of the ZERO coaching experience except for bring a volunteer assistant at a high school.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-09-2023, 01:44 PM)Mikey Wrote:

....they still need to interview for full time HC hire, right? I know there was some blowback about Rooney Rule when Saturday was first announced as interim.

That's two premature firings in a row for the tinhorns. I thought Culley deserved more of a shot than he was given last year, too.

Yep, he is on the list and sounds like a real possibility. They have no chance at an experienced coach as the rebuild has to happen and they have no chance to get a QB. It's admitted that he has to have an OC and DC that are strong as he is just a manager.

Texans may clean house but Smith was never a long term option. He had 2 years at best. Not sure why they fired the previous coach though as they knew they weren't finding a coach last year. Smith was basically their only option and he frankly should have told them no out of principle as they were using him but I guess the money and chance to give Pep and a few other coaches another chance was high enough.

Lovie Smith is a damn good coach. He got the Rex Freaking Grossman-led Chicago Bears to the Super Bowl. He deserved better than the Texans.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 04:41 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Absolutely zero problem with this if the Colts want to stick with him another year.

The Jaguars would maintain a huge edge at coach and QB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Welcome to the Hunger Games!! Lol

the wheel spins again this year. What a difference a year makes.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 10:57 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

I was thinking that Irsay may offer Saturday a cushy executive position if he decides not to make him HC again.

(01-10-2023, 03:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Lovie Smith is a damn good coach. He got the Rex Freaking Grossman-led Chicago Bears to the Super Bowl. He deserved better than the Texans.

**used to be

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 05:47 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2023, 10:57 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I was thinking that Irsay may offer Saturday a cushy executive position if he decides not to make him HC again.

(01-10-2023, 03:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Lovie Smith is a damn good coach. He got the Rex Freaking Grossman-led Chicago Bears to the Super Bowl. He deserved better than the Texans.

**used to be

Ummm...didn't we lose to his defense 13 - 6 this year? Back when the season was young and the Texans were still playing for something?