Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning vs Trevor Lawrence Year 2

Lawrence 584 387 4113 25 8  66.3%
Manning  533 331 4135 26 15 62.1%

Lawrence pass rating = 95.2
Manning pass  rating = 90.7

Lawrence 4th quarter comebacks = 3
Manning  4th quarter comebacks = 6

Both qbs made the playoffs in their 2nd season.

Manning was 2nd in MVP.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 08:10 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Nick Wright: "Trevor Lawrence is Peyton Manning 2.0."  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2blVLjWmWL4

Hol hol hold hold hol hol hold on Brew. Hold on buddy.

But Hey Look, Nick and Wiiiilllds

(01-10-2023, 07:58 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence 584 387 4113 25 8  66.3%

Manning was 2nd in MVP.

To be fair, Lawrence had an extra game to accumulate yardage but that's still a very favorable comparison.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-10-2023, 08:49 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 07:58 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence 584 387 4113 25 8  66.3%

Manning was 2nd in MVP.

To be fair, Lawrence had an extra game to accumulate yardage but that's still a very favorable comparison.

Subtract 212 yards and 1 TD if you want. But yes very comparable.

Well, let's hope he's also not young Peyton Manning in the play-off's.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The rwo jerks opposite Nick Wright completely dismiss the Manning comparison.

How does Trevor Lawrence's second year compare with...say...Josh Allen?

Josh Allen 261 461 58.8% 3089 20 TD 9 INTs (16 starts)
T. Lawrence 387 584 4113 66.3% 4113 25 8 INT (17 starts)

As you can see, with a difference of only one start, Trevor Lawrence threw at a higher completion percentage, 1100 more yards, 5 more TDs and one fewer INT.

But he doesn't compare favorably to him, either, right?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-10-2023, 08:53 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Well, let's hope he's also not young Peyton Manning in the play-off's.

Caldrac off the top rope!

(01-10-2023, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 08:53 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Well, let's hope he's also not young Peyton Manning in the play-off's.

Caldrac off the top rope!

Just being honest. Peyton Manning was a horrible post season QB. 27-27 in his career. Went 3 and out his first 3 stints in a row. Got a little bit better in 2003. Hell, even in 2006? When they won that Superbowl against Chicago. They were winning in SPITE of him. He finished that play-off run with 3 TD's to 7 INT's with a 70.5 QBR. 

I think the one thing Lawrence has over Manning though, and that was always apparent, is his mobility. He's a more natural athlete and very gifted in that regard. Lawrence has a great release, he's getting better at presnap reading the defense, just needs more time in the pocket to hit the bigger plays downfield. 

I was honestly surprised that Pederson didn't turn Lawrence loose against the tacks with his legs. Maybe we'll see that happen this Saturday against the Chargers now since it's officially a big play off game on the line. I think this is where Lawrence is special. His mobility is underrated.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I really thought read option would’ve tested containment on the run dives.

(01-10-2023, 09:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: Caldrac off the top rope!

Just being honest. Peyton Manning was a horrible post season QB. 27-27 in his career. Went 3 and out his first 3 stints in a row. Got a little bit better in 2003. Hell, even in 2006? When they won that Superbowl against Chicago. They were winning in SPITE of him. He finished that play-off run with 3 TD's to 7 INT's with a 70.5 QBR. 

I think the one thing Lawrence has over Manning though, and that was always apparent, is his mobility. He's a more natural athlete and very gifted in that regard. Lawrence has a great release, he's getting better at presnap reading the defense, just needs more time in the pocket to hit the bigger plays downfield. 

I was honestly surprised that Pederson didn't turn Lawrence loose against the tacks with his legs. Maybe we'll see that happen this Saturday against the Chargers now since it's officially a big play off game on the line. I think this is where Lawrence is special. His mobility is underrated.

Hammer meets nail!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Man I love Nick Wright.

First, he loves Trevor. Second, he is team Lebron when it comes to the greatest of all time (that's a debate for another day).

The last 3 weeks, Trevor played in a monsoon and in a game where the Jets couldn't score. Aggressiveness dialed back. Then against the Texans who also couldn't score and he was pulled from the game. Aggressiveness dialed back. Then against the tacks, he throws a TD and yea, he missed a couple throws but come on.... He also had so many darts.

It's incredible how critical people can be about Trevor week in and week out.

if you look at all the little stuff, Trevor was good on sat. unfortunately he misses on two of the worst spots he could of missed as they could of been a 14 point swing. the 2nd half their D was bulling our Oline and trevor had no time. but you look at all QBs even Mahomes and they miss throws all the time.

in the comparison you could of added in another couple come back wins had the defense kept the lead instead of losing the game vs Colts, Was, and Texans.

either way it is a great time to be a jag fan.

I agree with Nick Wright. It was the best thing for Lawrence and this team in week 18. He should be more settled down and those misfires will become perfect strikes in more than likely a shootout between him and Herbert.

word ^

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 11:18 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2023, 09:52 AM)Hi Caldrac Wrote:

[Image: 76yvpb.jpg]

(01-10-2023, 11:16 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 09:52 AM)Hi Caldrac Wrote: Just being honest. Peyton Manning was a horrible post season QB. 27-27 in his career. Went 3 and out his first 3 stints in a row. Got a little bit better in 2003. Hell, even in 2006? When they won that Superbowl against Chicago. They were winning in SPITE of him. He finished that play-off run with 3 TD's to 7 INT's with a 70.5 QBR. 

[Image: 76yvpb.jpg]

And he knows how to use them.

Oh agreed, I liked to call him Mr. October. He was great at building up regular season stats and then laying an egg when the games mattered most. Even in the SBs he won, those were more about supporting cast than anything he did.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 11:03 AM by Jagwired. Edited 1 time in total.)

The biggest difference that I can see in the two is that Trevor doesn't have a small planet as a skull. He does not have a satellite in orbit around his gigantic dome as the five headed, milkbelly did. TLaw's vision wont be blocked by the rotation of said satellite as it orbits resulting in significantly less picks throughout his career.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.