Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Improved Jags Player this Season?

Obviously Lawrence takes the cake

However I think Jenkins also should be up in the mix, what a absolute dawg he has been for us

Campbell has also been playing outstandingly well and Agnew continues to get better

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lawrence
Jenkins
ETN(i mean he didn’t play last year so that’s a big improvement)
Campbell
Really all were greatly improved so no real order to those

Honorable mentions to Smoot & Taylor for greatly exceeding expectations

for me it is

Lawrence
Jenkins
Josh Allen
Cisco and Taylor

Lawrence
Campbell
Taylor

in that order.

Lawrence offensively. He's night and day between his last season and this season. Not even close. It's amazing what happens when you have an NFL caliber coach that knows what the [BLEEP] he's doing with a talent like Lawrence. His confidence is there. He'll only continue to rise up amongst his peers at this point.

Campbell defensively. I know people will point to Jenkins. And, rightfully so. He's made some big time plays down the stretch. BUT.... BUT.... Campbell has taken another step forward in his 2nd year. He went from being a rookie that couldn't seem to find the ball or get his head around to a guy that's now considered I believe, what? Top three, five at his position?

Would have to check the PFF grades but he's been exceptional this year. Nobody wants to throw his way and when they do it typically doesn't bode well for their opponent. I think we have his counterpart on the outside on the team already in Darious Williams as well. Who is also having himself quite a season down the stretch.

We just need a presence in the middle of the D line to enable Walker and Allen further off the edge and I think we're looking at maybe a 2017 style squad in the very near future with this offense to counterbalance it perfectly. Put up points early and pin your ears back. We're almost there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Too many people forget how great a leap Cisco made this year. That idiot Urban benched him for the entire year, and look at them now... Urban is just some loser on Fox Sports College football trying to find a drunken middle aged blonde to cheat on.

Meanwhile, Cisco is roving the secondary like a young Ronnie Lott. His performance in KC, man... That was some throwback football to the late 80s and early 90s. I for one totally appreciated it.

With that said, here's my list:

1. Lawrence
2. Juwaan Taylor (he really stepped up from last year)
3. Jenkins
4. Cambell
5. Allen (only based on the last 3 games. He's really turned up the heat)
6. Wingard - Dude has become the soul of the team. Everyone embraces his passion. He's like that little white kid from Hoosiers, but with a Duval Edge of ruthlessness.
7. Smoot - His injury sucks. But I believe in him. He's coming back. Next year will be his year.

I won't list guys that didn't play last year or only got to play a few games due to the urban error. 

For instance, I don't think Cisco improved al that much, he just finally got on the field long enough to make an impact. 
  • Lawrence - they put him in a functional offense and it only took him nine games to get comfortable and start lighting up the scoreboard and stat columns -  it's a shame he didn't get this as a rookie 
  • Campbell - he ended last season playing very well, but we've seen him go from middle pack to elite level in several categories. He also got better at playing the ball in the air and playing man coverage as this season progressed.
  • Jenkins - I was ready to cut him. He still whiffs on tackles here and there, and he still gets beat in coverage at times, but he has an incredible run of impactful plays strung together through several games right now. He just finds a way to make big plays lately. 
  • Engram - OK, he wasn't a Jag last year - but his game has improved markedly in Pederson's system - higher Catch % - fewer drops - more yards, more receptions, more TDs 
  • RRH - he looked good at the end of this year, but he has been a factor vs the run and rushing the QB in a good number of games this year. Will be interesting to see how his roster spot is managed 
  • Jawaan Taylor - Dude looked horrible last year. Looked great most of this season. Total 180 degree turn. No clue what injury and price tag will due to his status come March. 

honorable mention - Wingard - when Caldwell started to make bigger adjustments after the bye week, Dewey found a home in the big nickel position with 3 safeties one the field -  and a few gameplans used that package quite a bit. 
He made some splashy plays in his opportunities.

(01-11-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I won't list guys that didn't play last year or only got to play a few games due to the urban error. 

For instance, I don't think Cisco improved al that much, he just finally got on the field long enough to make an impact. 
  • Lawrence - they put him in a functional offense and it only took him nine games to get comfortable and start lighting up the scoreboard and stat columns -  it's a shame he didn't get this as a rookie 
  • Campbell - he ended last season playing very well, but we've seen him go from middle pack to elite level in several categories. He also got better at playing the ball in the air and playing man coverage as this season progressed.
  • Jenkins - I was ready to cut him. He still whiffs on tackles here and there, and he still gets beat in coverage at times, but he has an incredible run of impactful plays strung together through several games right now. He just finds a way to make big plays lately. 
  • Engram - OK, he wasn't a Jag last year - but his game has improved markedly in Pederson's system - higher Catch % - fewer drops - more yards, more receptions, more TDs 
  • RRH - he looked good at the end of this year, but he has been a factor vs the run and rushing the QB in a good number of games this year. Will be interesting to see how his roster spot is managed 
  • Jawaan Taylor - Dude looked horrible last year. Looked great most of this season. Total 180 degree turn. No clue what injury and price tag will due to his status come March. 

honorable mention - Wingard - when Caldwell started to make bigger adjustments after the bye week, Dewey found a home in the big nickel position with 3 safeties on the field -  and a few gameplans used that package quite a bit. 

I'm not gonna give flowers to Cisco because he was benched by a Piece of [BLEEP] coach.  

But you know what, Engram is great!!!

(But he was benched by a piece of [BLEEP] coach!!)

Don't ruin my smugness!!!  One second while I take another whiff.....

Perfection

(01-11-2023, 01:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I won't list guys that didn't play last year or only got to play a few games due to the urban error. 

honorable mention - Wingard - when Caldwell started to make bigger adjustments after the bye week, Dewey found a home in the big nickel position with 3 safeties one the field -  and a few gameplans used that package quite a bit. 

I'm not gonna give flowers to Cisco because he was benched by a Piece of [BLEEP] coach.  

But you know what, Engram is great!!!

(But he was benched by a piece of [BLEEP] coach!!)

Don't ruin my smugness!!!  One second while I take another whiff.....

Perfection

I don't recall you being around for it, so you may not recall. But many of us here were giving Cisco flowers last year when he finally got his shot, and enraged he wasn't getting playing time over lesser players until then.

I don't see the point in calling a guy "most improved" when he basically picked up where he left off and made normal progression in his second year. But you go right ahead. I think he's fantastic. But I thought that 19 weeks ago too. Maybe you didn't? 

Engram's situation is completely different. Not sure what you're getting at.

I know it's an odd comparison because of the positions. But, Andrew Wingard to me is like the equivalent of what Kevin Faulk was to the Patriots when I was a kid growing up. He's not going to razzle or dazzle you too much. But, when he's on the field? Good things just tend to happen. He's becoming a bit of a local folk hero if you think about it.

His honesty in the interviews. His catch phrase that has now become a staple to the team and the fanbase. He really is an example of "The Jaguar Way". I love Wingard. Thankful to have a guy like that on this roster. Wingard will be known for showing us the Jaguar Way. I love it!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-11-2023, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I know it's an odd comparison because of the positions. But, Andrew Wingard to me is like the equivalent of what Kevin Faulk was to the Patriots when I was a kid growing up. He's not going to razzle or dazzle you too much. But, when he's on the field? Good things just tend to happen. He's becoming a bit of a local folk hero if you think about it.

His honesty in the interviews. His catch phrase that has now become a staple to the team and the fanbase. He really is an example of "The Jaguar Way". I love Wingard. Thankful to have a guy like that on this roster. Wingard will be known for showing us the Jaguar Way. I love it!

The bolded is indeed kind-of a thing now!

It's crazy, and I was his biggest detractor when they were unwisely using him at FS in '21,  but it is impossible not to like his infectious spirit and root for the kid. Happy he's getting a moment in the sun now - and it would be awesome if they find a way to keep him around.

Speaking of improvement - the offense as a whole had quite an uptick:

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/statu...s8TCgFVDWQ

Never mind the numbers guy suggesting our personnel was "similar" despite Kirk, Zay and Engram coming on board.
I mean, it is similar, but clearly better.

I agree with all the previous posts.

Lawrence, Jenkins, Taylor all really improved.

Special shout-out to Dewey. Absolutely love the guy. I would be upset if he’s not on the roster next year

Definitely Campbell. 

Lawrence is easy because we all knew the talent and football IQ were there he just needed the right environment (not a toxic cesspool of Urban Decay) to get his game on.

I echo everything already said about Wingard. If you go on youtube and search his name you'll see press interviews from the past few years and he is the same guy now as he was in 2019. The same passion, excitement, deadpan answers, etc. He has not let the losing seasons diminish his love for the sport or his co-workers. And now we know he would die for Doug Pederson so I think he's in a Jags uniform for as long as we'll have him. Dude is just....as someone else said he is the Jaguars Way. 

Honorable mention to Engram, Kirk and Zay Jones who, IIRC, all have had career numbers this season, their first with the team. They have been worth everything we paid them to come here.

Lawrence
Taylor
Jenkins
Campbell
Little

I mean it's Lawrence obviously. Went from bottom 5 to top 5 in a hurry.

But, aside from him I think it has to be Tyson Campbell. He was always pretty good, sticking to his guy but he's gotten so much better at tracking the ball. Last year he'd be stuck to the guys hip and just let them catch the ball and now he's essentially a lockdown corner.

TL16 and Jenkins are the winners on both sides of the ball. Campbell has been sted fast from day one of which he'll continue to improve w/time. Little has done little and he's only in the picture due to an injury. Dewey has played remarkably well as well but it's at the Nickel position. Not his true safety position. I expect for all to continue their improvements throughout the Playoffs and beyond.

Time Will.Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Tyson Campbell will continue improving as long as he does his pre-game warmup drill.

[Image: dean-winchester.gif]

Truth ^^^^