Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Text cell phone solicitations

Just got three more this morning.  Is this starting to piss anyone else off.  On do not call list but seems it doesnt apply for texts.

Totally done with the ones wanting to buy my house "as is" so an insult thrown in for a kicker.

So annoying.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 02:13 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll string em along for about 5-10 minutes on the phone, then tell them that I need to find my wallet, tell them that I'll be right back, put the phone down next to my TV speaker and just continue to watch TV..

The more time I waste, the less people they can sucker.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 05:05 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2023, 01:55 PM)surfon Wrote: Just got three more this morning.  Is this starting to piss anyone else off.  On do not call list but seems it doesnt apply for texts.

Totally done with the ones wanting to buy my house "as is" so an insult thrown in for a kicker.

So annoying.

They will buy that house at 10 cents on the dollah! They must be hoping that they stumble onto crackheads who will sell anything to get their fixes. No one else would make that dumb of a move.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I keep getting texts for my parents addresses wanting to buy them. Occasionally, I’ll say “hell yeah! I’ll sell that to you for that much, but it isn’t my house. How does this work?”

I also keep getting some for the business. People texting me with piss poor English. I’ll try to recreate one:

“Hi my name Azra. Do you offer lawn maintenance and accept credit cards?”

I get so many text like that. They all ask about credit cards. They all ask if a business named “xxxxxxx xxxxx lawn care” offers lawn service.

The ones that are hitting us the hardest is Florida Home AC..

I absolutely refuse to hire a company that spams us like that. I'll never call them again.

I used to get them daily too, then I downloaded TextKiller and it helps a lot. It doesn’t “stop” them, but it puts spam texts in their own folder and you don’t get alerts for them. That way you can check if something gets sent there that wasn’t supposed to.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I infrequently get them. Mostly they're texts for house buyers, but every once in a while, it will be something else. Apple has a feature to delete and report as spam, which I use. I have to say now that my phone only rings for contacts and spam texts are infrequent, my phone is almost blissfully unmolested.

What I seem to get the most is the “wrong number” texts. Very obvious scam but at first but I’d just say you’ve got the wrong person. Eventually they started talking about cryto. At one point I was receiving these almost daily.

I got one last week asking me to meet her(I assume it was a her but of course no way to truly know) at the local Burger King for a good time and a good deal on some tires. Didn't respond but did show my friend who is single the text.

He never told me one way or the other if he went to said Burger King...
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(01-12-2023, 06:05 PM)Butters Wrote: I got one last week asking me to meet her(I assume it was a her but of course no way to truly know) at the local Burger King for a good time and a good deal on some tires. Didn't respond but did show my friend who is single the text.

Dude.. whoppers, nookie and tires?!?

Sign me the hell up! lololol

(01-12-2023, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 06:05 PM)Butters Wrote: I got one last week asking me to meet her(I assume it was a her but of course no way to truly know) at the local Burger King for a good time and a good deal on some tires. Didn't respond but did show my friend who is single the text.

[Image: 64937694c7cc37b3e44fdb6637cae6a8.gif]
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(01-12-2023, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Does it have to be in that order?  I’d prefer the nookie first.  BK makes me [BLEEP] water mid meal.

(01-12-2023, 10:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 06:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude.. whoppers, nookie and tires?!?

Does it have to be in that order?  I’d prefer the nookie first.  BK makes me [BLEEP] water mid meal.

Yes!! 

For you it does anyway.. First the whopper, then the nook. It'll be like a Russian Roulette only with poo while doin da dirty lolol

(01-12-2023, 10:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Does it have to be in that order?  I’d prefer the nookie first.  BK makes me [BLEEP] water mid meal.

Yes!! 

For you it does anyway.. First the whopper, then the nook. It'll be like a Russian Roulette only with poo while doin da dirty lolol
I can see it now…

I eat a double whopper with cheese, I bump the uglies, but only one of us is squirting.  And it’s not in the good way. She’ll be tired of that.  Comes full circle.

(01-12-2023, 10:44 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yes!! 

I can see it now…

I eat a double whopper with cheese, I bump the uglies, but only one of us is squirting.  And it’s not in the good way. She’ll be tired of that.  Comes full circle.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

+2

I owe you one lol

(01-12-2023, 10:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Does it have to be in that order?  I’d prefer the nookie first.  BK makes me [BLEEP] water mid meal.

Yes!! 

I told her she didn't need Burger King; I brought my own whopper.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-12-2023, 10:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I told her she didn't need Burger King; I brought my own whopper.

There a a few definitions for whopper. I assume you mean a gross or Blatant  lie?

Yes!! 

(01-12-2023, 10:44 PM)Jags Wrote:

I can see it now…

[Image: clutch-my-pearls.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 11:31 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2023, 11:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

(01-12-2023, 10:44 PM)Jags Wrote: I can see it now…

[Image: clutch-my-pearls.gif]

I can’t stop laughing at that gif. That, and the context to its reply are made for each other.