Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lloyd & Muma

Do you think they continue with the rotation into next season?

Lloyd seems to be going thru a bit of a learning curve, similar to how walker was early in the season

Muma has also been quite solid

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it's gonna take time for Lloyd to get to NFL processing speed in pass defense.
Not sure what that timeline looks like.

Having Muma come in on the packages tailored for pass defense is a nice luxury in the meantime.

It's also great having quality depth if 23 or 33 get banged up.

Oluokun will likely be the primary ILB with the earpiece. Can't see that changing as things stand.
Lloyd has been in on 60% or more the past three games and I expect that will continue into next season as they develop him.
It doesn't leave as clear a role for Muma - but coming in on obvious pass sets to replace Lloyd will still be an option - and maybe they will finally implement that money-backer role. (which incidentally can look a lot like the big nickel package they run with Wingard currently)

Lloyd doesn't seem as prominent as he was earlier in the season. Muma has been doing some dirty work aside from that 3rd down conversion where he missed the tackle that would have forced a punt against the Tacks.

(01-11-2023, 07:19 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Lloyd doesn't seem as prominent as he was earlier in the season.  Muma has been doing some dirty work aside from that 3rd down conversion where he missed the tackle that would have forced a punt against the Tacks.

For the record 

Lloyd has received more snaps than Muma in 4 of the last 5 games.

Yes I think they will. Lloyd has 5 take-a-ways and is tied with Oluokun for 1st on the team with 56 assists.

He also ranks 3rd on team in tackles, which is 1 behind Jenkins, giving the Jags 3 players with 100+ tackles.

(01-11-2023, 07:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think it's gonna take time for Lloyd to get to NFL processing speed in pass defense.

Having Muma come in on the packages tailored for pass defense is a nice luxury in the meantime.

Oluokun will likely be the primary ILB with the earpiece. Can't see that changing as things stand.
Lloyd has been in on 60% or more the past three games and I expect that will continue into next season as they develop him.
It doesn't leave as clear a role for Muma - but coming in on obvious pass sets to replace Lloyd will still be an option - and maybe they will finally implement that money-backer role. (which incidentally can look a lot like the big nickel package they run with Wingard currently)

This is why I would really love Poz to come in as a consultant/mentor to give the young guys a crash course in being awesome.

(01-12-2023, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 07:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think it's gonna take time for Lloyd to get to NFL processing speed in pass defense.

This is why I would really love Poz to come in as a consultant/mentor to give the young guys a crash course in being awesome.

Lol.  Loved Poz.  Really annoyed me how much people complained about his pass coverage skills.  Yeah, he wasn't the best at it, but the defense (especially Telvin) fell off a cliff when he retired.  He was the heartbeat of that D.

Only bumping this because...well, because I think the defense looks better with Muma as the starter. Especially in passing situations.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(10-09-2023, 05:51 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Only bumping this because...well, because I think the defense looks better with Muma as the starter.  Especially in passing situations.

Lloyd to LOLB, Walker to LDE please.

(10-09-2023, 09:10 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 05:51 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Only bumping this because...well, because I think the defense looks better with Muma as the starter.  Especially in passing situations.

Lloyd to LOLB, Walker to LDE please.

This. All of this.

Muma was getting worked over a lot against Atlanta, but looked better against Buffalo. Still would rather see Lloyd but if there is a way to make better use of Walker and keep our best players on the field well I'm all for it. The light has to come on for Walker at some point.

Maybe put muma in there on some passing downs.

Lloyd is not a rush backer though. He can blitz from time to time, but his game isn't set up to go against an OT for the majority of his snaps like he'd be asked to do at OLB. Not his skill set.

Muma doesn't look to be a liability, but the Defense is better with Lloyd. He makes more impact plays. Gets his hands on more balls due to his length etc.

Muma has been really bad. Hopefully devin is back soon.

Lloyd is a 43 Will.
Muma is a 43 Mike.
Foye is better than either at either position, so one of them is a back up.
JA41 should either be the Sam or RDE in the 43 with Walker on the other end.

This isn't really that complicated, we drafted guys who are suitable for a different scheme than what we're running. Like we always do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2023, 02:16 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Muma has been really bad. Hopefully devin is back soon.

I don't know if Muma is "really bad."  My question would be, does he carry out his assignments?  Is he in the right place at the right time?  Does he make mental mistakes?  Etc.  

I know he is not as physically gifted as Lloyd, but "really bad?"  This defense has performed very well with him in there.

(10-10-2023, 12:35 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Lloyd is not a rush backer though. He can blitz from time to time, but his game isn't set up to go against an OT for the majority of his snaps like he'd be asked to do at OLB. Not his skill set.

Muma doesn't look to be a liability, but the Defense is better with Lloyd. He makes more impact plays. Gets his hands on more balls due to his length etc.

I thought Lloyd was a rush backer in college?

There must be a way to have Lloyd and Muma on the field at the same time. Both are great.

Lloyd would have had two INTs today if he didn’t have a cast on one hand
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS