Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Super Wild Card Weekend - bolts @ Jaguars ***

If there was 1 play that summed up the first half

It was when chargers recovered that punt on the 10 yard line that hit one of the jag players on the helmet lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2023, 04:11 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: If the Dolphins pull of this upset... Look out! We'd be heading to Cincinnati next week most likely. I'm all for avoiding KC. I don't want to play Andy Reid off a bye week.

Everyone on here needs to get over their Cheifphobia. We were competitive in the 1st game at Arrowhead, and we are a much better O & D since we played them. They are basically the same team and havent played a meaningful game for at least 2 weeks. We have been in playoff mode for 7 weeks now. I like our chances.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-15-2023, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to say, I thought last night I would lose my mind if I saw Herbert complete one more of his cute little sidearm passes. It was infuriating watching those flicker darts reestablishing first down again and again.

Btw, I recorded the game and watched it this morning until the recording stopped with around 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter (WTH DIRECTV!).  I digress.

Anyway, I noticed Doug was much more careful about covering his mouth with the play card in the 2nd half. Makes you wonder. Just an observation.

Gotta always set the timer to record for at least another hour to be safe. Football games almost always run past the 3 hourish channel listing. Never know if the game might go into OT as well.

My dudes who were at the game. How was it? The atmosphere, the opposing fans, the second half compared to the first? 

Dungy and Michaels said a few times in the first half how the crowd was deflated. I remember hearing them yelling most of the game, much louder in the second half of course. 

I want details! Lol

(01-15-2023, 07:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My dudes who were at the game. How was it? The atmosphere, the opposing fans, the second half compared to the first? 

Dungy and Michaels said a few times in the first half how the crowd was deflated. I remember hearing them yelling most of the game, much louder in the second half of course. 

I want details! Lol
Dungy and Michaels were HORRIBLE.

I’ll take too much emotion than no emotion at all. It’s like they were asleep

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 08:05 PM by I am Yoda.)

(01-15-2023, 04:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As a reminder, "How good is that?" is a god awful catch phrase. EOM.

I dunno. It’s growing on me. Frange has genuine enthusiasm for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(01-15-2023, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 07:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My dudes who were at the game. How was it? The atmosphere, the opposing fans, the second half compared to the first? 

I want details! Lol

With Dungy you’re never going to get much emotion because he’s a low key guy. But Michaels has been sleepwalking through this entire season. It’s time for him to go to the golf course permanently.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Last night was amazing. the guy next to me basically used the same phrase all night. "I can't believe Is this really happening" The first half to describe all the snafu's it was almost like the Chargers knew what we were going to do. The second half to describe the comeback. It really didn't set in until Etienne made that run on 4th down. That is the fastest I have seen him run this year. Even the kick at the end was cause for a wide emotional swing as it started out wide right and moved in just in time. (I sit behind that upright) One good thing I have everything I need now to help my voice recover.

What a difference a year makes.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I want details! Lol

Charger fans were few and scattered and a non-factor.  Many times during the regular season depending on the opposing fan base, they can be heard cheering at various decibel levels when something goes their way.  I don’t think there were enough of them to be heard.

A season ticket holding father and son in front of me left in the 2nd quarter.  It was rather quiet in the early going except for yelling at the officiating which was confirmed as horrendous upon re-watching the game today.  Game was getting louder and louder in the 2nd half as we clawed back in.

(01-15-2023, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I want details! Lol

I liked the fact that Dungy wasn't afraid to call out some of the bull [BLEEP] non calls the Chargers were getting, but other then that, I'd agree. They just seemed like they were bored all night.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 08:20 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2023, 04:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As a reminder, "How good is that?" is a god awful catch phrase. EOM.

He actually sat down, put some thought into it, tossed around a few ideas, settled on that one, tested it on friends and family for feedback and still decided to roll it out. 

Would someone with more of a bent toward activism than I put a petition together to get him out of the booth?  He’s so bad.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 08:27 PM by StrayaJag.)

(01-14-2023, 10:02 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Games not over...

Told y'all so  Banana

Also I have a bone to pick with the commentators

THEY WERE AS DEAD AS A DOORKNOB WHEN PATTERSON KICKED THAT FIELD GOAL, NO HYPE NO NOTHING

(01-15-2023, 12:45 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: This thread would be fun to read from start to finish to see everything said and transpired lol

About the only thing I've never read in the Home Team forum is a game day thread.  They're always just way to long to start on by the time I get back to the board after the weekends.  I must say that I have enjoyed skimming through everything though - kind of reliving last night at the stadium again.

And it was nice to see that Caldrac and Marty apparently didn't go bed early after all Smile

And I must say, considering the cold and the fact that I was wondering if I would be able to tolerate staying til the end so that I could at least give my team an ovation for such an enjoyable season up until 27-0, I was surprised how many people were still there at the end of the game.  It didn't quite compare to last week's tacks game for crowd intensity, but the stadium was awesome in second half.

(01-15-2023, 08:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dungy and Michaels were HORRIBLE.

I liked the fact that Dungy wasn't afraid to call out some of the bull [BLEEP] non calls the Chargers were getting, but other then that, I'd agree. They just seemed like they were bored all night.

1000% and the league probably didn't like it one bit. The league can kiss my butt. I appreciate Dungy calling it straight.

(01-15-2023, 01:50 AM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 01:31 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP NOW
Let me know if you figure out a way....

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Found a buddy with some weed.

(01-15-2023, 08:01 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

I dunno. It’s growing on me. Frange has genuine enthusiasm for the team.

(01-15-2023, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dungy and Michaels were HORRIBLE.

With Dungy you’re never going to get much emotion because he’s a low key guy. But Michaels has been sleepwalking through this entire season. It’s time for him to go to the golf course permanently.

They are getting drug across Twitter now and deservingly so. He was just terrible.

(01-15-2023, 07:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My dudes who were at the game. How was it? The atmosphere, the opposing fans, the second half compared to the first? 

I want details! Lol

Section 414 was loud the first couple of defensive series, but got very quiet until the TD drive at the end of the 2nd. 3rd and 4th quarter was loud, but not as loud as the first because 5 rows behind us left at halftime. Not sure if they went home or relocated. Saw about 10 Bolts fans the whole trip in from the buses to the seats. Barely heard them during the game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Thanks guys! I appreciate you giving us an idea of how it was at the stadium. I miss going to games.

These last few games have really shown the value of being a STH. Being there after these last few wins can never be duplicated by watching it on TV, even if in a room full of people. It's just an absolutely amazing experience. Especially the last two games when it has been 99% Jaguars fans in attendance.

(01-15-2023, 11:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: These last few games have really shown the value of being a STH. Being there after these last few wins can never be duplicated by watching it on TV, even if in a room full of people. It's just an absolutely amazing experience. Especially the last two games when it has been 99% Jaguars fans in attendance.

Yep.  Never high fived so many random strangers.

(01-15-2023, 11:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: These last few games have really shown the value of being a STH. Being there after these last few wins can never be duplicated by watching it on TV, even if in a room full of people. It's just an absolutely amazing experience. Especially the last two games when it has been 99% Jaguars fans in attendance.

I miss the elbow room sometimes Smile