Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftwich out from Bucs?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2023, 02:21 AM)InauguralJag Wrote: https://www.pewterreport.com/leftwich-ex...d-by-bucs/

dodged a bullet hiring him... all i can say. (i was on the hire Leftwich train btw)

I was DougyP all the way

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2023, 06:18 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I wonder if Brady comes back, or if he goes on to another team or retires. It should be very interesting. I don’t know about that firing. I didn’t watch a lot of Tampa football, but when I did watch, they seemed to have trouble with wr dropping the ball and their offensive line got worked a bit.

I was looking for either Doug Pederson or Jim Caldwell during the off season. We got the right coach. That's undeniable. And thank God for that. Khan did his due diligence and it all came back full circle.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

NFL Forum bound
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I also find it a little unfair if that report is true. Leftwich getting essentially used as a scapegoat for Todd Bowles lack of head coaching skills (his defense got absolutely murdered last night) and Tom Brady's personal issues back in the off season. They struggled up and down all year and a large part of that could fall back on Tom. [BLEEP], Tom's the one that threw a costly redzone INT last night. Completely changed the dynamic of that game.

I don't see Tom coming back though in Tampa. I could see him going out west to San Francisco if Purdy doesn't work out down the stretch with Shanahan and his offense. I could also see him even going up to New York to be with the Jets so that would make for an interesting AFC East. They have a defense. They just need a competent QB to help get them over the hump. Who better than Tom Brady who absolutely hammered the AFC East for a good decade+? He already knows the travel process well up there, knows the history.

Makes the most sense.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If the stories of Leftwich demanding Balke be fired as a requirement for him taking the head coaching position, that might be looked on as strong arming himself right out of work. I'm sure he'll catch back on somewhere, but man he may have missed his shot last year.

(01-17-2023, 02:28 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 02:21 AM)InauguralJag Wrote: https://www.pewterreport.com/leftwich-ex...d-by-bucs/

dodged a bullet hiring him... all i can say. (i was on the hire Leftwich train btw)

same, and my goodness did we make the right choice.

Not Jaguars related but ok lol

They fired the wrong coach. Bowles is terrible in the HC spot and the defense this year suffered for losing him as the full time coordinator. Brady had a good year by most standards but was clearly lesser against his own two previous years. Part of that is probably age but a significant part is that the team lost Ali Marpet to retirement, Alex Cappa to Free Agency and Ryan Jensen to injury most of the year. Plus the return of Fat Lenny didn't help either. They need to fix the line or it won't matter who is under center, they lost their trench strength and just can't run the ball at all anymore.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't care where he goes but he can't come here!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Leftwich could have even asked to be let go as that team is going to be a disaster next year. The offense wasn't great but the fact they managed to score as much as they did with the roster they had was amazing.

The timing really sucks for him but if he is as good of a coach as people have said, he'll get a HC in a few years.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Could see him in Arizona with Adrian Wilson trying to fix Kyler Murray and that team in general. Carolina as well.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2023, 01:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-17-2023, 12:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Could see him in Arizona with Adrian Wilson trying to fix Kyler Murray and that team in general. Carolina as well.

Leftwich to fix Kyler Murray, lol.  That's a good one

We dodged a huge bullet with not bringing in Leftwich.

Don't need Captain Windmill near any Jags QB's lolol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-17-2023, 01:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 12:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Could see him in Arizona with Adrian Wilson trying to fix Kyler Murray and that team in general. Carolina as well.

Dodging a bullet is implying he is not going to be a good head coach.  So you’re saying that he’s not going to be a good head coach when he gets a chance?

And nothing is going to fix Murray unless there’s some magical way to make him grown four inches.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-17-2023, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 01:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Leftwich to fix Kyler Murray, lol.  That's a good one

Dodging a bullet is implying he is not going to be a good head coach.  So you’re saying that he’s not going to be a good head coach when he gets a chance?

And nothing is going to fix Murray unless there’s some magical way to make him grown four inches.

A make him more emotionally mature than a 13 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-17-2023, 01:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Keyword: Trying 

That doesn't mean in that scenario they wouldn't have a contingency plan. I would really like to see what Leftwich could do as a coach along with Wilson as his general manager. 

I think people would be pleasantly surprised. I don't think we dodged anything. Pederson was the guy all along. I believe Khan was just doing his due diligence and running the circle around the candidates because he knew the severity and felt the gravity of the situation.

Your team was gifted with a generational talent at one of the hardest, if not, the hardest position in all of sports. It took for Urban Miller to completely squander, derail and destroy that kid's confidence. 

That decision had to be made with full confidence and it had to be completely analyzed from top down. Khan was one more bad decision away from probably falling into the abyss of woeful owners and franchises in sports history. 

He's fortunate everything fell the way they did.

(01-17-2023, 02:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 01:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Leftwich to fix Kyler Murray, lol.  That's a good one

Man, the Byron hate is still going strong a full 20 years later. Unreal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato