Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftwich out from Bucs?

There were reports of Pittsburgh waiting for Tampa to fire him so they could bring him in as OC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 02:44 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

What a turn for him though. Reportedly had the job here but pushed for Baalke’s ouster prior to signing. Baalke’s squad goes on to the divisional round and maybe further. Byron then finds himself summarily fired a year later. Makes you wonder if the reporting was based on a misread of the situation (or running with an assumption in an effort to be first) altogether.

By misread, I mean, did the push for Baalke’s ouster ever happen and was an agreement in principle ever reached? Or was this the “fire Baalke” crowd projecting their desires onto the situation and the length of time it ultimately took.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 02:47 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

DISASTER AVERTED  !!!  

JAGS WOULD HAVE THE #1 PICK AGAIN IN 2023 IF WE HAD HIRED LEFTWICH

(01-19-2023, 02:32 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: There were reports of Pittsburgh waiting for Tampa to fire him so they could bring him in as OC.

You are correct.  But in this case the open position is Office Coordinator in Pittsburgh.  He'd be in charge of coordinating Office Space, Meetings in the Conference Rooms, and allocation of Office Space shared between the Steelers and Pitt Panthers at Heinz Field.  Brutal position but I'm sure he's up for the challenge.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 03:11 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Leftwich fired as Bucs OC.

Cowhead reporting per Buc insiders that Brady being unhappy with lack of detail, sloppiness with the Bucs offensive coaching staff was the reason for Leftwich being fired today. The firing supposedly a move to entice Brady to stay in Tampa.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-19-2023, 03:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Leftwich fired as Bucs OC.

Cowhead reporting per Buc insiders that Brady being unhappy with lack of detail, sloppiness with the Bucs offensive coaching staff was the reason for Leftwich being fired today.  The firing supposedly a move to entice Brady to stay in Tampa.

So a sloppy QB ends up being a sloppy coach..

Who'da thunk it?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-19-2023, 03:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Cowhead reporting per Buc insiders that Brady being unhappy with lack of detail, sloppiness with the Bucs offensive coaching staff was the reason for Leftwich being fired today.  The firing supposedly a move to entice Brady to stay in Tampa.

Who'da thunk it?

Brady pushed out Bruce Arians and it is now biting him squarely in the [BLEEP]. 

That's the takeaway here, IMO. 

I wouldn't read too far into Leftwich's coaching abilities from the latest Tom Brady-mid-life-crisis move. 
And I have no idea whether or not Leftwich is a good coach or coordinator - not claiming to know one way or the other.
A year ago the talking heads loved the guy because Arians said he was great, now ppl are hating because Brady made him a scapegoat.  

Who knows the real deal here?

It is what it is..

(01-19-2023, 03:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Who'da thunk it?
Dude.

Your hate for Leftwich is borderline weird.

(01-19-2023, 03:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 03:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So a sloppy QB ends up being a sloppy coach..

Who'da thunk it?
Dude.

I still have my Leftwich jersey.. 

Was a fan while he was here..

I just don't want him ruining TLaw with his sloppiness..

(01-19-2023, 03:53 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 03:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude.

I still have my Leftwich jersey.. 

He wouldn't have made it this far if he was as sloppy as these "rumors" make him out to be.

Maybe Brady didn't have it this year. Maybe their Oline was so bad that they couldn't run their offense as they wanted to. Maybe Chris Godwin coming off a torn ACL wasn't the same. Maybe Fat Lenny had no juice (this isn't a maybe. He didn't).

To completely blame Leftwich seems short sighted and then top it off make it seem like he won't be a good coach just seems to be bashing the guy for no reason.

(01-19-2023, 03:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 03:53 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I still have my Leftwich jersey.. 

He wouldn't have made it this far if he was as sloppy as these "rumors" make him out to be.

Maybe Brady didn't have it this year. Maybe their Oline was so bad that they couldn't run their offense as they wanted to. Maybe Chris Godwin coming off a torn ACL wasn't the same. Maybe Fat Lenny had no juice (this isn't a maybe. He didn't).

To completely blame Leftwich seems short sighted and then top it off make it seem like he won't be a good coach just seems to be bashing the guy for no reason.

Where there's smoke, there's fire..

And who's to say that the Jags couldn't get someone better now anyways?

You actually have stars wanting to come here now because of Doug P and TLaw. 

Why settle?

(01-19-2023, 02:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: DISASTER AVERTED  !!!  

JAGS WOULD HAVE THE #1 PICK AGAIN IN 2023 IF WE HAD HIRED LEFTWICH

I wouldn’t go that far.  I think TLaw was going to make strides this year no matter who the coach was, but I think it’s also very obvious Doug has added a lot of value and has aided in Trevor’s development.

I don’t think we’d be in the playoffs right now had we hired Leftwich though.

(01-19-2023, 04:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 03:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He wouldn't have made it this far if he was as sloppy as these "rumors" make him out to be.

Where there's smoke, there's fire..

Why settle?
No one is disagreeing that Dougy P is the man for the job.

I just don't think we need to bash Leftwich over baseless rumors.

(01-19-2023, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 04:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Where there's smoke, there's fire..

Why settle?

So you can bash JRob and say he isnt a good back and bash Zay Jones but nobody is aloud to say Bryron isnt a good coach?  Got it.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 05:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If true, then he definitely needed to go.  Ill trust the GOAT.  With that said, I think Brady goes to the Raiders or SF if the lose in the Playoffs

If Brady goes to SF they will win it next year.

(01-19-2023, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 04:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Where there's smoke, there's fire..

Why settle?

Cut the umbilical cord, dude..

Scapegoat firing to save Bowles' [BLEEP]. I like Todd Bowles a lot, but he isn't a great HC.

(01-19-2023, 05:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No one is disagreeing that Dougy P is the man for the job.

So you can bash JRob and say he isnt a good back and bash Zay Jones but nobody is aloud to say Bryron isnt a good coach?  Got it.
First. Allowed.

Second. JRob was a great back before his injury (which I’ve stated numerous times but you’re dense) and now he’s not anywhere close to what he was. Which is clear because he was a healthy scratch many times on the Jets (spare me the draft compensation excuse).

Third. Zay Jones has been amazing this year and much better than I expected (which I’ve already said as well).

People can say whatever they want about Leftwich but at least have something to back it up rather than Cowherd speculating that he was “sloppy.”

Glad to have Doug Pederson. Go Jags!

We're fortunate that we got Pederson.  Outside of Pederson, I believe the Jaguars gave second interviews or requested second interviews for head coach from the following:

Byron Leftwich - Not only did he not get a job as head coach somewhere else, but he got fired as offensive coordinator with his existing team.

Nathaniel Hackett - He got a head coaching job but did such a terrible job that he only lasted 11 games before being fired.

Matt Eberflus - He got a head coaching job but led his team to a 3-14 record and the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Hopefully the Khans won't be going through any more coaching searches for a long, long time.

(01-19-2023, 11:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 05:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you can bash JRob and say he isnt a good back and bash Zay Jones but nobody is aloud to say Bryron isnt a good coach?  Got it.
First. Allowed.

Second. JRob was a great back before his injury (which I’ve stated numerous times but you’re dense) and now he’s not anywhere close to what he was. Which is clear because he was a healthy scratch many times on the Jets (spare me the draft compensation excuse).

Third. Zay Jones has been amazing this year and much better than I expected (which I’ve already said as well).

People can say whatever they want about Leftwich but at least have something to back it up rather than Cowherd speculating that he was “sloppy.”

Glad to have Doug Pederson. Go Jags!

Dude, nobody needs to back up anything with Leftwich being sloppy, we all seen first hand for years. 

If he's sloppy with game play and mechanics, he'll most likely be sloppy in other areas as well, including coaching.

My guess is, he'll end up coaching somewhere in college. Maybe even Marshall.