Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the Fix In?

Do you think KC learned from the Chargers on how to slow our offense down by holding, tackling, and manhandling our receivers and not getting any calls?

I think the fix is in because the NFL is already selling tickets for the Atlanta Chiefs/Bills AFC Championship game next weekend and they won't want to give money back.

Watch out, if our game is close in the 4th quarter, a call will go against us that will cause us to lose the game, and the same thing will happen on Sunday. If neither game is a blow out, than the striped shirts have been notified that they are to ensure a Chiefs/Bills championship game so they can see if a neutral site conference championship game goes well.

I hope not, but I wouldn't take anything off the table. the NFL usually gets what it wants, so we need to be ready for it when we play on Saturday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If the fix was really in, The Jags never would have made the playoffs..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I can already imagine a KC zebra fondling himself over the bet.

who knows,but the Bengals did get robbed of a home game.  please note this is  torge the nfl.  they did right canceling the bills vs bengals game. they are doing right with a neutrual site if it ends up bills vs chiefs. they should've done same thing for bengals vs bills.

Begals were 1 game behind bills, and winning that game. I belieave they were also 1 game behind the chiefs,but chiefs would have had 1 seed regradless due to beating raiders.    Bengals would've had the 2 seed after bills game. that night Bengals were playing good football to beat bills in Cinci.  to be fair they should've made bengals vs bills on a netrul site too.  I'm just saying.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-19-2023, 09:54 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: Do you think KC learned from the Chargers on how to slow our offense down by holding, tackling, and manhandling our receivers and not getting any calls?

I think the fix is in because the NFL is already selling tickets for the Atlanta Chiefs/Bills AFC Championship game next weekend and they won't want to give money back.

Watch out, if our game is close in the 4th quarter, a call will go against us that will cause us to lose the game, and the same thing will happen on Sunday. If neither game is a blow out, than the striped shirts have been notified that they are to ensure a Chiefs/Bills championship game so they can see if a neutral site conference championship game goes well.

I hope not, but I wouldn't take anything off the table. the NFL usually gets what it wants, so we need to be ready for it when we play on Saturday.

You can buy tickets for the Jags @ Cinci/Buffalo right now, it's common practice for playoff tickets to go on sale before the matchups are confirmed just because they aren't going to want to only have a week to sell.  Those tickets are also refunded if the matchup doesn't happen (obviously).

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 10:03 AM by jaglyn. Edited 1 time in total.)

The fix would probably be more for the Bill’s remaining games.

The NFL loves feel-good stories, since it distracts the general public’s attention away from the real ugly controversial stuff associated with the league

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 11:40 PM by rhanna2. Edited 1 time in total.)

I hope so, I just have a sinking feeling but it will be over by the game time. Go Jags! I just wish they'd open the stadium so we can go to the stadium to watch the game. When they win, wonder if they'll have a reception similar to the Denver reception in 1997? Me and my brother-in-law went and it was extremely fun, we were there about 2 hours before the team got there, it was great watching the replay of the game on the tron.

(01-19-2023, 11:38 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: I hope so, I just have a sinking feeling but it will be over by the game time. Go Jags! I just wish they'd open the stadium so we can go to the stadium to watch the game. When they win, wonder if they'll have a reception similar to the Denver reception in 1997? Me and my brother-in-law went and it was extremely fun, we were there about 2 hours before the team got there, it was great watching the replay of the game on the tron.

Watching the game in the stadium would be an awesome experience.

I think the NFL is, first and foremost, an entertainment business. To that end, it would not surprise me if the refs calls reflected certain biases that are passed down, either by corporate or media influences. I do not expect a game that will be called impartially. The Jags are going to have to come out strong this time. I don't see how they win if they don't get a good start and keep their thumbs down until the end.

(01-19-2023, 11:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 11:38 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: I hope so, I just have a sinking feeling but it will be over by the game time. Go Jags! I just wish they'd open the stadium so we can go to the stadium to watch the game. When they win, wonder if they'll have a reception similar to the Denver reception in 1997? Me and my brother-in-law went and it was extremely fun, we were there about 2 hours before the team got there, it was great watching the replay of the game on the tron.

Watching the game in the stadium would be an awesome experience.

They will be having a watch party at Daily’s Place.

I don't think the games are fixed per se (there's no weekly calls with the commissioner where he informs the head officials which team will win which games) but refs are human and sometimes see what they expect or want to see. Or sometimes they might make quicker calls on a player they don't particularly like or let something go for a player they do. I also believe they can be influenced by the crowd although they all swear it's not true.  Finally, add in the fact that each crew has their own interpretations on judgement calls and you end up with some awfully inconsistent officiating.

I suppose it's possible that an occasional rogue official may be trying to influence the outcome of a game but I doubt they last long if they do.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 09:11 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

It's not impossible nor improbable. You could make the argument that the NFL could begin, if not already, favoring our team. For a number of reasons.

1. Khan is a minority owner. The NFL has gone the "woke" route before. Would only help their cause in the long run.

2. Lawrence was billed as a generational talent coming out of college and the NFL wouldn't want a talent like that to fall apart on their level.

3. Pederson already won a Championship and it's possible a headline in February could read "The Jaguars lead by Pederson will face off against his former Eagles team".

4. New stadium renovations are in the works and nothing gets public support and financial backing like a winning, and not only winning, but, exciting product.

With that said. Sometimes teams just get hot and luck has a lot to do with that. I don't think I need to remind everybody just how [BLEEP] lucky the Jaguars have been all season. Stealing victories over the Ravens and Cowboys was exceptionally difficult to pull off. Yet, they did it. Have to remember. Lawrence got hammered and the ball was fumbled late in the 4th quarter. We got a second chance and he delivered there.

You look at the Chargers game last Saturday. It was an improbable comeback. Certainly one for the ages. However, whether we like it or not. It IS the Chargers. They have a running gag about "Chargering it up" when they have these leads. All this team did all season was rally late and win games in an improbable fashion. They did it to the Vegas Raiders. And, again, the Raiders did that ALL year on their end. The fumble for a TD against ARZ. The collapse against Saturday and the clots. Our game, etc.

Sometimes teams are just very, VERY lucky and some teams are just very, VERY unfortunate. There's a reason we all call out to the "Football Gods". We've all had occurrences in our lives I am sure where luck was involved or a series of unfortunate events really tripped your whole life up. Same universal law and principle applies in sports and other facets of life.

Sometimes guys are just a little bit more lucky than the next. Maybe Lawrence is just [BLEEP] lucky man. Maybe Pederson is just lucky. I don't care. I'll take it. Even during our dumpster fire years? This team was notorious for what? Winning games they shouldn't against competition that would be in the play-off's or playing down to competition that left you shaking your head.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Ugh, cheapest nosebleeds at Highmark if Jax comes to Buffalo next week are already going for $400 a piece.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-20-2023, 09:55 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ugh, cheapest nosebleeds at Highmark if Jax comes to Buffalo next week are already going for $400 a piece.

[Image: do-it.gif]

(01-19-2023, 09:54 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: Do you think KC learned from the Chargers on how to slow our offense down by holding, tackling, and manhandling our receivers and not getting any calls?

The Jax home playoff game had a lot of blown calls going against the Jags.

Jawaan Taylor also false started and then held Joey Bosa on a critical play resulting in a touchdown late in the game.  It wasn't a particularly well officiated contest for either team.
I'm not expecting Gillette-style officiating tomorrow at Arrowhead.

(01-20-2023, 10:51 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 09:55 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ugh, cheapest nosebleeds at Highmark if Jax comes to Buffalo next week are already going for $400 a piece.

[Image: do-it.gif]

I'll find a way, somehow lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This is like Joe MIxon not understanding how things work.

Every sports team sells tickets for the next weeks/series playoff games before the prior game/series is over. The tickets are refundable and it makes it easier to plan for people going to the games and cities hosting the games.

Every sports team pre-book travel/hotels, et al. a week ahead of any playoff match up. So yes, even the Jags prep team have those reservations already in place for both Cinci and Buffalo.

Them pre-selling tickets for an Atlanta game is par for course and not at all out of the ordinary.

(01-20-2023, 11:13 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:

The Jax home playoff game had a lot of blown calls going against the Jags.

Jawaan Taylor also false started and then held Joey Bosa on a critical play resulting in a touchdown late in the game.  It wasn't a particularly well officiated contest for either team.
I'm not expecting Gillette-style officiating tomorrow at Arrowhead.

They were also spotted 27 points early in the 1st half and then only mustered up 3 points in the 2nd half. They honestly deserved to lose the game at that point. 

Now, if we're down 27 - 7 at half time against the Chiefs? In Arrowhead? Andy's not letting up off the gas. He's going to keep having Mahomes drop back and beat us senseless. 

This game is tough. I don't think there's any fix. It's just all about tempo, being on schedule and making plays. Cannot stress it enough. Anytime you get a turnover? You have to score. 

Anytime you turn it over? You have to stop them from scoring. Anytime you pitch a three and out defensively? The offense has to score. Anytime the field goal unit is out there? You have to score. This is not the team you want to get into it with regarding missed opportunities and drives. 

My hope? Lawrence looks fluid, in command, in control and like a conductor working his orchestra to the tune of Ride of the Valkyries. You just hope he can't be stopped and everything clicks. I would like to see 2nd half Trevor Lawrence from the Chargers game play like that for four quarters. 

Just masterful. Every single drive results in points. Regardless. The outcome should result in us winning 38 - 35 somehow. I keep getting caught up on this score. I am sticking with it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Doesn't look like weather is going to lend itself to that type of scenario.

(01-20-2023, 09:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's not impossible nor improbable. You could make the argument that the NFL could begin, if not already, favoring our team. For a number of reasons.

1. Khan is a minority owner. The NFL has gone the "woke" route before. Would only help their cause in the long run.

2. Lawrence was billed as a generational talent coming out of college and the NFL wouldn't want a talent like that to fall apart on their level.

3. Pederson already won a Championship and it's possible a headline in February could read "The Jaguars lead by Pederson will face off against his former Eagles team".

4. New stadium renovations are in the works and nothing gets public support and financial backing like a winning, and not only winning, but, exciting product.

With that said. Sometimes teams just get hot and luck has a lot to do with that. I don't think I need to remind everybody just how [BLEEP] lucky the Jaguars have been all season. Stealing victories over the Ravens and Cowboys was exceptionally difficult to pull off. Yet, they did it. Have to remember. Lawrence got hammered and the ball was fumbled late in the 4th quarter. We got a second chance and he delivered there.

You look at the Chargers game last Saturday. It was an improbable comeback. Certainly one for the ages. However, whether we like it or not. It IS the Chargers. They have a running gag about "Chargering it up" when they have these leads. All this team did all season was rally late and win games in an improbable fashion. They did it to the Vegas Raiders. And, again, the Raiders did that ALL year on their end. The fumble for a TD against ARZ. The collapse against Saturday and the clots. Our game, etc.

Sometimes teams are just very, VERY lucky and some teams are just very, VERY unfortunate. There's a reason we all call out to the "Football Gods". We've all had occurrences in our lives I am sure where luck was involved or a series of unfortunate events really tripped your whole life up. Same universal law and principle applies in sports and other facets of life.

Sometimes guys are just a little bit more lucky than the next. Maybe Lawrence is just [BLEEP] lucky man. Maybe Pederson is just lucky. I don't care. I'll take it. Even during our dumpster fire years? This team was notorious for what? Winning games they shouldn't against competition that would be in the play-off's or playing down to competition that left you shaking your head.

A lot of talk about luck there...  Yeah, sometimes [BLEEP] happens, but for the most part, I've always been a believer that you create your own luck.  These guys are making this happen because they believe in each other, they believe in themselves, and they believe they will make it happen.
Even with injuries - it's so much easier to get injured when losing focus or half assing it on a play.  They've definitely been fortunate or lucky if you will, in that area, but I believe if they weren't as dialed in as they are, they could be beat up a lot more.  At the very least, they may not be as willing to play through some of the nagging injuries they've been dealing with.

Better lucky than good, right?  Well, if you are good and believe it, it's a lot easier to be lucky.  Maybe they can luck their way all the way to a Superb Owl victory Smile