Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the Fix In?

Luck is part of the game. But the fix ain’t in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mahomes is overdue to be sitting on the couch on championship weekend and not because of injury.

Buck: "Good evening, I'm Joe Buck, joined by Troy Aikman for this huge afc divisional round matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The weather here at Arrowhead stadium is 35° with light winds and a touch of rain. Good evening Troy!"

Aikman: "Evening Joe, evening everybody ... Just really looking forward to tonights game. Two of the best young quarterbacks in the business. Andy Reid going up against Doug Pederson and really just a huge number of storylines surrounding these two teams!"

Buck: "Well let's get straight into it Troy, there have been suggestions that the officiating crew may struggle to maintain impartiality in the hostile atmosphere which we know can be a problem here in Kansas?"

Aikman: "Yeah, and I just can't see that Joe i really cant. With all the work the nfl has put in in recent years to encourage equality around the league that really shouldn't be an issue. We've seen the lengths the league office will go to to protect the integrity of the game when it comes to issues such as gambling and these officials tonight are the best of the best. The top crews in the game! "

Buck: "In fact I think we cross now live to outside the stadium as the officials for tonights game arrive in the parking lot...

[Image: 20m51-twenties-costume-striped-patriotic...ite-14.gif]

Aikman: "That's just a really sharp look Joe it really is."

Their is no 'fix'. The best team will win and that will be us.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Ever since Brady came on the scene, I started noticing that the definition of "holding" on pass plays was different for the Pats as compared to their opponents. It's one of those things I've had trouble un-seeing and I see it in more and more places.
The #1 bias of refs is they give star QBs more time to throw by only calling holding for the most blatant holds.
And we finally have a QB like that.
But so does KC.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Over 50,000 tickets have been sold for the game in Atlanta and the NFL would really like to have a neutral site championship game to do a trial run to see if they want to eventually do away with home field throughout the playoffs. I am not a conspiracy person, I just won't be surprised if we're ahead at the end of the game and Mahones is driving his team, that a mysterious 15-yard penalty will be called to extend a drive or a turnover will be overturned, or something will happen to make their wish a reality. I just don't want the game to be very close at the end, I hope we're far enough ahead that even the stripes can't do anything to help them.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 09:10 PM by rpr52121.)

(01-20-2023, 08:35 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: Over 50,000 tickets have been sold for the game in Atlanta and the NFL would really like to have a neutral site championship game to do a trial run to see if they want to eventually do away with home field throughout the playoffs. I am not a conspiracy person, I just won't be surprised if we're ahead at the end of the game and Mahones is driving his team, that a mysterious 15-yard penalty will be called to extend a drive or a turnover will be overturned, or something will happen to make their wish a reality. I just don't want the game to be very close at the end, I hope we're far enough ahead that even the stripes can't do anything to help them.

Owners would never be okay with taking away home playoff games as the standard. This year is just a sole exception.

(01-20-2023, 09:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 08:35 PM)rhanna2 Wrote: Over 50,000 tickets have been sold for the game in Atlanta and the NFL would really like to have a neutral site championship game to do a trial run to see if they want to eventually do away with home field throughout the playoffs. I am not a conspiracy person, I just won't be surprised if we're ahead at the end of the game and Mahones is driving his team, that a mysterious 15-yard penalty will be called to extend a drive or a turnover will be overturned, or something will happen to make their wish a reality. I just don't want the game to be very close at the end, I hope we're far enough ahead that even the stripes can't do anything to help them.

Owners would never be okay with taking away home playoff games as the standard. This year is just a sole exception.
Agreed. I just watched Eisen's take on this. About the tickets.

You could make the argument that its BECAUSE of this neutral site situation that the fix would actually be in for us and the Bengals.

Think about it. NFL gets to get away from the BUF/CIN game cancellation by giving them the rematch and Hamlin situation. The emotion of it goes away. The site location goes away.

The logistics argument becomes null and void. NFL gets former numero uno QB Vs. Most recently drafted numero uno QB. A National Championship rematch in the NFL. Two "cat" teams. Etc.

We can do this tinfoil hat [BLEEP] all day. LOL.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I was listening to NFL Radio this morning and I believe it was Vic Carucci who said the NFL is praying for a Chiefs vs. Bills neutral site game in Atlanta. It wouldn't shock me if no close calls go our way.

(01-21-2023, 01:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

I was listening to NFL Radio this morning and I believe it was Vic Carucci who said the NFL is praying for a Chiefs vs. Bills neutral site game in Atlanta. It wouldn't shock me if no close calls go our way.

STEAL. THE. SHOW.

The team in stripes is gonna screw us.

Just accept it.

We have to beat the chefs and refs today.
Is what it is.

(01-21-2023, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The team in stripes is gonna screw us.

Just accept it.

Is what it is.

^ This x100.

Can't afford the Chiefs or the zebras any room for uncertainty. Play a clean game, convert drives into 7 points and keep their offense off the field for as long as possible - and we can win.

Now all of that is a lot easier said than done. But, LETS GO JAGS!

Just accept it.

Is what it is.

The best team will win.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

STEAL. THE. SHOW.

Just accept it.

Is what it is.

Nailed it.

Just accept it.

Is what it is.

Truth.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Dude.. Refs are against The Jags every game lolol

This is nothing new.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-21-2023, 05:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude.. Refs are against The Jags every game lolol

This is nothing new.

When the Charger fans were whining last game I just had to laugh. Like bro, you don't even know.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Looks like it is. Bull crap roughing call.

Refs called a great game for the most part. Nothing that was game changing. I would have liked to see Lawrence get the same roughing call they gave Chad Henne, but I really didn't see anything too egregious. Good, clean win by the Chiefs.

Our D needed to make the proper adjustments and our offensive line needs to change next year.