Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Caldwell has to learn from this!

(01-22-2023, 04:10 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 12:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: If he comes back for next season I highly doubt we go farther than we did this year.

What makes you think he cannot get better after his very first year (or technically 5 months) at the job? After helping the team limit the league's best offense to below their league average, in a game in which his team's offense did not play well? And in a year in which the team overachieved, with the defense outrightly winning several games, though they surely lost several too.

Any breakdown on why him in particular would hold the team back from advancing further, even if he gets an upgrade in personnel? To me, his unit kept the team in the game in the second half, despite the lack of rush on the hurt but elusive QB and Kelce's demoralizing impact. They at least covered, prevented big plays, and held the Chiefs to 10 pts in the second half. 

Getting rid of the DC depicts an incredibly short leash for a major cog of a brand new regime, and will send conflicting messages to all parties involved. Don't you think? I don't consider Caldwell exceptional, mind you, but culture building involves many facets. A transitioning squad like Jacksonville has to tread cautiously, in my view.

I don't know how someone can watch the game last night (and the entire season) and still ask this.

Mahomes was not 100%
Barely put any pressure on him
Let Henne score with ease

He didn't improve enough to give him another year. Keep him and you will waste a big opportunity next year... unless Trevor plays at a Brady level.
With the cap (or lack of) space we are not likely to have better players on Defense...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Caldwell has to learn from this! - by iHaunting Raven - 01-22-2023, 11:24 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-22-2023, 07:13 PM