Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cap space for next season…

(02-25-2023, 11:10 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1629495354742939656

Making room for Seumalo

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 02:54 PM by rfc17. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-25-2023, 01:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 11:10 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1629495354742939656

I looked at his contract, and I don't see how they could have created that much cap space with a restructure, unless they also did an extension.

They did an extension but it was only voidable years.  Of his $14M base for 2023 they converted $12.9 of that into a bonus which pushes $10.3M of cap hit into future years.  Added 3 voidable years beyond the original contract end date.  If we were going to release him after the end of the 2023 season he would have been a $4M cap hit, now will be $14M.  If he plays out his final year in 2024, he'll still be on our cap for $7.7M for the 2025 year.

We have tons of room looking at our 2024 cap and beyond.  But admittedly I think this restructure is a little odd.  Pushes more money out into future years than I would want to do although I know I'm a little more conservative.  I feel like it is a unnecessary but perhaps there are a lot of moves they know they want to make this offseason (Engram, Taylor, Arden) and they are trying to push out as much as possible.

(02-25-2023, 02:42 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

Making room for Seumalo

Have you heard that the Jaguars expressed interest in him? I'd be all for this since he knows Pederson, wouldn't be overly expensive and fills a need. It wouldn't surprise me if they also re-sign Taylor, although I wouldn't be so crazy about paying him what will be a steep asking price.

(02-25-2023, 01:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 01:06 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Making room for Ramsey.

Yeah man, that's what this team needs is a quitter and a guy that points fingers at teammates after Doug spent all last year changing the culture lol

Ramsey would be a huge mistake. He's a gifted player but definitely a me-first personality. He would not be good for the team chemistry they've built.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-25-2023, 07:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 01:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah man, that's what this team needs is a quitter and a guy that points fingers at teammates after Doug spent all last year changing the culture lol

Ramsey would be a huge mistake. He's a gifted player but definitely a me-first personality. He would not be good for the team chemistry they've built.
I don’t think we have to worry about that. Ramsey isn’t coming home and I don’t think our outside corners are a big problem for the Jags anyway.

I think nickel corner can be upgraded but I’m perfectly fine going into next year with Williams and Campbell on the outside with a rookie as CB3.

I actually have a hard time seeing the Jags make a splash trade since they already did with Ridley. All these “let’s trade pick 24” hypotheticals are wishful thinking.

Jags just resigned Roy Robertson-Harris 3 years, 30 million.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-25-2023, 07:47 PM)Dimson Wrote: Jags just resigned Roy Robertson-Harris 3 years, 30 million.
Not a bad move. Good depth player.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

^^ good run stopper and super tough player with a great attitude.

Anyone know our cap space situation right now with the latest moves?

I believe we are at about 12 million over and we haven't cut Shaq yet which I think is a positive 17. We're in a good spot for now. Still some more restructures coming I think

I’m surprised shaq isn’t cut yet.

(02-26-2023, 10:54 AM)icey14 Wrote: I believe we are at about 12 million over and we haven't cut Shaq yet which I think is a positive 17.  We're in a good spot for now. Still some more restructures coming I think

I dont think the specifics of the RRH extension has come out so we can't be sure yet.  According to spotrac we are at $16M over the cap without accounting for whatever RRH will be.  Think we were around $26M over when they still had RRH on there with his initial contract.  so once they add him back once his contract extension specifics come out, I bet we'll be somewhere around $20M over right now.

we save $13M by cutting Shaq.  We still have to incur $4M on the cap once we cut him.

Jaguars signed RB JaMycal Hasty to a contract extension.

Terms have not been disclosed or reported yet. Hasty was set to be a restricted free agent this offseason. He finished the 2022 season with a 46/194/2 rushing line and added 20/126/1 through the air. He's a perfectly fine passing-down back that also can return kicks and is coming off a career-high 222-snap season for the Jaguars. This is probably good news for Travis Etienne as the commitment makes the Jaguars less likely to bring in someone who'd actually push Etienne for snaps.

Source: NBC Sports Edge

(02-26-2023, 10:58 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I’m surprised shaq isn’t cut yet.

The Jags can cut him anytime, so I don't think they feel any rush.  I'm sure it is a matter of time.

(02-26-2023, 01:10 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Jaguars signed RB JaMycal Hasty to a contract extension.

Terms have not been disclosed or reported yet. Hasty was set to be a restricted free agent this offseason. He finished the 2022 season with a 46/194/2 rushing line and added 20/126/1 through the air. He's a perfectly fine passing-down back that also can return kicks and is coming off a career-high 222-snap season for the Jaguars. This is probably good news for Travis Etienne as the commitment makes the Jaguars less likely to bring in someone who'd actually push Etienne for snaps.

Source: NBC Sports Edge

I'm happy with the move, I think it's one less hole going into the draft, and it shouldn't cost that much.  As for ETN, I think he's more worried about how hes going to perform in next years pro bowl flag football than being pushed for snaps.

(02-25-2023, 07:47 PM)Dimson Wrote: Jags just resigned Roy Robertson-Harris 3 years, 30 million.

Not a Horrible Deal for a quality starter.  In a perfect world, we'd find 10 starters and future pro bowlers in the draft, but the ats not the reality.  I think this is actually less than he could have gotten on the open market, which is a good sign that players want to be here and be part of something.  

Franchise Qb's have gravity.

(02-26-2023, 06:11 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

The Jags can cut him anytime, so I don't think they feel any rush.  I'm sure it is a matter of time.

With the off-season so far, especially the Beathard move, it wouldn't shock me for them to extend Griffin, instead of cutting him.

Nah, I think they may be trying to get a conditional 7th rounder 4 him

(02-26-2023, 07:01 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 06:11 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: The Jags can cut him anytime, so I don't think they feel any rush.  I'm sure it is a matter of time.

With the off-season so far, especially the Beathard move, it wouldn't shock me for them to extend Griffin, instead of cutting him.

You're doing an awful lot of hand wringing over them paying a guy $2m...

Trevor wanted him back, they have a great relationship. Keeping consistency around Trevor is what we want right now. CJ was usually the first person to meet Trevor whenever he came to the sidelines. He'd be right there handing him the tablet and they'd go over what just occurred.

It sure does feel like you just want something to complain about right now.

(02-26-2023, 06:11 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

Don’t suppose there is any chance we are looking for a trade partner for him? Long shot, but I’ll take a extra 7th instead of just cutting him.