Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(03-30-2023, 09:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 04:48 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: My top offensive line pick would be Broderick Jones. He could play guard for 1 season prior to moving to right tackle. Skoronski would be my 2nd choice. While it's unlikely that either player will be available, I've seen Jones drop as low as the high teens in mock drafts- so who knows. Skoronski's short arms and less than ideal measureables could drop him to the 20's despite the fact most mocks have him going much higher. Torrence would be a solid pick and day 1 starter. 

If the Jaguars don't go with an offensive lineman in round 1, they couldn't go wrong with either Deonte Banks or Brian Branch for the secondary. Branch may not be the "sexiest" pick, but the guy  can play anywhere in the secondary and never misses a tackle. His blitzing ability would be something Mike Caldwell could utilize often. I have a gut feeling Branch will drop due to his 40 time as well as primarily playing nickel or safety. In my opinion, any team getting him in the mid-20's would possibly end up with the steal of this draft.
I have a hunch the Jags really like Branch

They do, Townsend was there coaching him up at Alabama Pro Day

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 12:13 AM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-30-2023, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 12:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: Torrence or any of the top OTs could be day one starters.

I'm not sure if Bresse would be a project or not.  He was All ACC his freshman year and I think could possibly be good day 1.  So you think we should go oline in the first?

I’m a hard no on Bresse.

I don’t feel very comfortable with Bartch at LG or Little at RT. If Trevor goes down the Jags go down. Still issues with the pass rush, slot corner and TE as it seems Engram is looking for wide receiver money at the TE position.

The team just cannot address all these positions without dipping into FA and they didn’t have the money to do so this year.

With Trevor being the top priority I would lean O-Line with the 1st.

(03-31-2023, 12:07 AM)wg171 Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not sure if Bresse would be a project or not.  He was All ACC his freshman year and I think could possibly be good day 1.  So you think we should go oline in the first?

I’m a hard no on Bresse.

I don’t feel very comfortable with Bartch at LG or Little at RT. If Trevor goes down the Jags go down. Still issues with the pass rush, slot corner and TE as it seems Engram is looking for wide receiver money at the TE position.

The team just cannot address all these positions without dipping into FA and they didn’t have the money to do so this year.

I'm one of the guys that thinks it's not easy to move from LT to RT.  With that said I think Little is good and talented enough to do it he just needs the reps and experience there.  He has never played there which is why I think he struggled a bit the limited snaps he did have at RT.  If he is our RT next year I think he will improve each game and be our future there if we need him to be.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 10:22 PM by Dimson.)

Didn't get a WR but I love everything else.

Steve Avila
OG TCU
JAX

Tucker Kraft
TE South Dakota State
trade
JAX

Matthew Bergeron
OT Syracuse
JAX

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
CB TCU
trade
JAX

Ji'Ayir Brown
S Penn State
JAX

Mohamoud Diabate
LB Utah
trade
JAX

Zach Harrison
EDGE Ohio State
JAX

Ali Gaye
EDGE LSU
JAX

Jalen Redmond
DT Oklahoma
JAX

Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green
JAX

DeWayne McBride
RB UAB
JAX

2024 CLE 2nd
2024 CLE 3rd

Just realized I put that mock in the wrong thread, lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

How would yall feel about Myles Murphy at 24? I think there is a good chance he will be there. He's another high risk high reward player imo. I think Foskey is a guy that could step in day 1 and make a impact his rookie year and the future

I'm kinda thinking the pick will be Nolan Smith if available because of his 40 time. Baalke picked Walker over Hutch because of his 40 time imo. Was looking at the production, athletic grade, and overall grade again. For some reason we shy away from players with all blue. Blue= elite

Walker- no blue
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/travon-wal...bb26e956a0

Hutch- all blue
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/aidan-hutc...07ce41f012

2013 draft

Fisher-
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/eric-fishe...afe6912ebf

Joeckel
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/luke-joeck...3d3de32e3c

Johnson- the only tackle with all 3 blue
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lane-johns...050b07752e

When a player has all 3 blue he's almost guaranteed to be a star at the next level

(04-01-2023, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would yall feel about Myles Murphy at 24?  I think there is a good chance he will be there.  He's another high risk high reward player imo.  I think Foskey is a guy that could step in day 1 and make a impact his rookie year and the future

If Murphy somehow fell to 24, I'd find it difficult to pass on him. He would present great value at a position of need.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 11:44 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-01-2023, 11:32 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would yall feel about Myles Murphy at 24?  I think there is a good chance he will be there.  He's another high risk high reward player imo.  I think Foskey is a guy that could step in day 1 and make a impact his rookie year and the future

If Murphy somehow fell to 24, I'd find it difficult to pass on him. He would present great value at a position of need.
I think I'd take Bresee over him. I wouldn't take him at 24. I see Andre Branch

(04-01-2023, 11:32 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Would you take him over Foskey, McDonald, or Smith

(04-01-2023, 11:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 11:32 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: If Murphy somehow fell to 24, I'd find it difficult to pass on him. He would present great value at a position of need.
Would you take him over Foskey, McDonald, or Smith

I like Foskey there at 24 over these other options. As much as I like McDonald. I still feel like he's a day two pick. Foskey showed a little more consistency over the last two years as well. Just think there's some merit there with him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The 24th pick is going to be a tough one. Much will depend on whether they add a free agent pass rusher, nickel or offensive lineman. If the draft were tomorrow, I'd hope that either Broderick Jones or Brian Branch would be the pick. I feel they offer the most beginning on day 1 with the potential to become pro-bowl players. I'd wait on the pass rusher until round 2 since I expect a good one to be available. Uzomah, Hall, Keion White and Ojulari all have the possibility of being there in round 2. It wouldn't even be totally inconceivable for Will McDonald or Foskey to fall to the Jaguars in round 2. If they love either player, they could always trade up beginning midway through round 2 and only part with a 4th rounder. That being said, I'd still do my due diligence on Murphy in case he does drop to 24. His physical traits are elite, but the Andre Branch comparison is a scary one!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 05:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-01-2023, 12:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 11:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would you take him over Foskey, McDonald, or Smith

I like Foskey there at 24 over these other options. As much as I like McDonald. I still feel like he's a day two pick. Foskey showed a little more consistency over the last two years as well. Just think there's some merit there with him.
Agrees on Foskey.  I think he is the most ready edge rusher that could have a nice impact his rookie year with also a high ceiling.  Not sure if he makes it to 24 but it would be nice if he does

(04-01-2023, 01:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The 24th pick is going to be a tough one. Much will depend on whether they add a free agent pass rusher, nickel or offensive lineman. If the draft were tomorrow, I'd hope that either Broderick Jones or Brian Branch would be the pick. I feel they offer the most beginning on day 1 with the potential to become pro-bowl players. I'd wait on the pass rusher until round 2 since I expect a good one to be available. Uzomah, Hall, Keion White and Ojulari all have the possibility of being there in round 2. It wouldn't even be totally inconceivable for Will McDonald or Foskey to fall to the Jaguars in round 2. If they love either player, they could always trade up beginning midway through round 2 and only part with a 4th rounder. That being said, I'd still do my due diligence on Murphy in case he does drop to 24. His physical traits are elite, but the Andre Branch comparison is a scary one!

No matter what we do in FA with the guys that's left shouldn't change what we do in the draft regardless imo.  The guys that's left in FA are older vets.  If we sign Justin Houston or Melvin Ingram in FA that shouldnt stop us from drafting a pass rusher at 24 if one is at the top of our board.

https://youtu.be/N_G2LO8T-Eo

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 08:00 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is kinda making me want Nolan Smith at 24 if he is there

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...42336?s=20

https://youtu.be/pdspdu8-fp8

Hes smaller and shorter than i would like but he isnt the tall and lanky type at 6'2"

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2023, 09:59 AM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2023, 12:07 AM)wg171 Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not sure if Bresse would be a project or not.  He was All ACC his freshman year and I think could possibly be good day 1.  So you think we should go oline in the first?

I’m a hard no on Bresse.

Great minds think alike.

I'm also a hard no on Breese. He doesn't look well conditioned -- he still has baby fat on his arms. If you're preparing to be a professional athlete, you should look like one, not a young guy with "dadbod" already. 

Little should play LT period. These guys have short careers. They shouldn't be playing out of their best position for very long. This isn't baseball where you have the minor leagues to groom prospects for years. I don't care what Cam is getting paid. Give him a choice -- play LG or RT or sit on the bench. He's coming off another foot injury, and he was a mediocre LT in his prime. 

I think the value in the low 20s will be OT or outside CB. Drafting a safety/nickel is not a premium position for the first round. There are no Troy Polamalus in this draft anyway. I'm very worried that Baalke is angling to play smartest guy in the room again and covets a "versatile" safety/nickel over a top prospect at a premium position. See: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/.amp/news...dianapolis 

I'd steer clear of RBs, TEs, interior OL, LBs, and Safeties in the first round unless they are can't miss/rare prospects at their positions, and I don't see any in this draft.

Pederson said we need to improve the pass rush. My guess is his pick would be Nolan Smith or a TE. From various reports, he was warning Baalke last year against over thinking and preferred Hutch over Walker. He came from Philly and values a deep defensive line. As a former QB, he knows waves of fresh speed rushers can rattle any QB like nothing else. 

I see him being irritated with Baalke's insular arrogance when the pick is made. The silver lining is Khan may then be forced to choose Pederson over Baalke if the season disappoints.

?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-04-2023, 09:57 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 12:07 AM)wg171 Wrote: I’m a hard no on Bresse.

Great minds think alike.

I'm also a hard no on Breese. He doesn't look well conditioned -- he still has baby fat on his arms. If you're preparing to be a professional athlete, you should look like one, not a young guy with "dadbod" already. 

Little should play LT period. These guys have short careers. They shouldn't be playing out of their best position for very long. This isn't baseball where you have the minor leagues to groom prospects for years. I don't care what Cam is getting paid. Give him a choice -- play LG or RT or sit on the bench. He's coming off another foot injury, and he was a mediocre LT in his prime. 

I think the value in the low 20s will be OT or outside CB. Drafting a safety/nickel is not a premium position for the first round. There are no Troy Polamalus in this draft anyway. I'm very worried that Baalke is angling to play smartest guy in the room again and covets a "versatile" safety/nickel over a top prospect at a premium position. See: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/.amp/news...dianapolis 

I'd steer clear of RBs, TEs, interior OL, LBs, and Safeties in the first round unless they are can't miss/rare prospects at their positions, and I don't see any in this draft.

Pederson said we need to improve the pass rush. My guess is his pick would be Nolan Smith or a TE. From various reports, he was warning Baalke last year against over thinking and preferred Hutch over Walker. He came from Philly and values a deep defensive line. As a former QB, he knows waves of fresh speed rushers can rattle any QB like nothing else

I see him being irritated with Baalke's insular arrogance when the pick is made. The silver lining is Khan may then be forced to choose Pederson over Baalke if the season disappoints.

?

Please share these various reports.

Everything I read points to Baalke picking the players his coaches are asking for.

Everything I read was Baalke wanted Walker, Doug wanted Ekwanu, and Khan wanted Hutch

(04-04-2023, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everything I read was Baalke wanted Walker, Doug wanted Ekwanu, and Khan wanted Hutch

Links?