Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(04-04-2023, 12:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everything I read was Baalke wanted Walker, Doug wanted Ekwanu, and Khan wanted Hutch

Links?

Yeah I know there were rumors originally that they were split on Walker/Hutch, but they've all come out and said Walker was the unanimous choice and it seems to be the case
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I keep seeing a lot of talk about Branch which I think fits a big need
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2023, 03:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-04-2023, 12:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 12:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everything I read was Baalke wanted Walker, Doug wanted Ekwanu, and Khan wanted Hutch

Links?

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/151859...20800?s=20

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/ano...ayer-draft

https://blackandteal.com/2022/04/22/ikem...nfl-draft/

(04-04-2023, 03:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 12:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Links?

Yeah I know there were rumors originally that they were split on Walker/Hutch, but they've all come out and said Walker was the unanimous choice and it seems to be the case

Of course they will say that after the player is picked lol

(04-04-2023, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 09:57 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Great minds think alike.

I'm also a hard no on Breese. He doesn't look well conditioned -- he still has baby fat on his arms. If you're preparing to be a professional athlete, you should look like one, not a young guy with "dadbod" already. 

Little should play LT period. These guys have short careers. They shouldn't be playing out of their best position for very long. This isn't baseball where you have the minor leagues to groom prospects for years. I don't care what Cam is getting paid. Give him a choice -- play LG or RT or sit on the bench. He's coming off another foot injury, and he was a mediocre LT in his prime. 

I think the value in the low 20s will be OT or outside CB. Drafting a safety/nickel is not a premium position for the first round. There are no Troy Polamalus in this draft anyway. I'm very worried that Baalke is angling to play smartest guy in the room again and covets a "versatile" safety/nickel over a top prospect at a premium position. See: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/.amp/news...dianapolis 

I'd steer clear of RBs, TEs, interior OL, LBs, and Safeties in the first round unless they are can't miss/rare prospects at their positions, and I don't see any in this draft.

Pederson said we need to improve the pass rush. My guess is his pick would be Nolan Smith or a TE. From various reports, he was warning Baalke last year against over thinking and preferred Hutch over Walker. He came from Philly and values a deep defensive line. As a former QB, he knows waves of fresh speed rushers can rattle any QB like nothing else

I see him being irritated with Baalke's insular arrogance when the pick is made. The silver lining is Khan may then be forced to choose Pederson over Baalke if the season disappoints.

?

Please share these various reports.

Everything I read points to Baalke picking the players his coaches are asking for.

Ten seconds of “research” produced this link. It’s not conspiracy theory stuff. The internal disagreements were being reported on at the time. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/nfl-dra...walker/amp
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-04-2023, 07:37 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please share these various reports.

Everything I read points to Baalke picking the players his coaches are asking for.

Ten seconds of “research” produced this link. It’s not conspiracy theory stuff. The internal disagreements were being reported on at the time. 

So you found an unconfirmed rumor that was refuted by what Baalke, Khan, Pederson (and other coaches) said after the draft. 

OK
These are some of the comments immediately following the draft:
"Overall, I feel great," said Pederson, who was hired in February as the Jaguars' seventh head coach. "We addressed a lot of issues early [in the offseason] with free agents and now we've picked it up here with the draft."

Jaguars Owner Shad Khan throughout the draft praised the collaborative nature of the offseason, the first with Baalke and Pederson working together.
"We are doing something very different," Khan said Saturday. "It started from Day 1. I feel fabulous and I think we've had a great last couple of days as an organization."

(04-04-2023, 07:37 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please share these various reports.

Frankly, in light of the 2022 season, this article (from a golf writer in a golf magazine? WTH?) seems fairly ridiculous. It aged about as well as rotting meat in the desert sun.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-04-2023, 09:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 07:37 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Ten seconds of “research” produced this link. It’s not conspiracy theory stuff. The internal disagreements were being reported on at the time. 

Frankly, in light of the 2022 season, this article (from a golf writer in a golf magazine? WTH?) seems fairly ridiculous.  It aged about as well as rotting meat in the desert sun.

Hmm... as I wrote, I searched something like, "Baalke Walker Pederson Ekwonu Khan Hutchinson" and that article appeared first. I could have posted more links. But you can do your own "research." The internal disagreement was reported on by Sports Illustrated and other sources. Maybe it was all B.S. or maybe it wasn't. Doesn't matter. Walker looks like the wrong pick regardless. I tend to think all three of them wanted someone different, like the articles suggest; however, they probably had a meeting of the minds, as Khan mentioned, and decided collectively to go with Walker. Pederson obviously didn't have as much pull then as a newbie in the organization. I'm sure he probably holds more sway now coming off a playoff season. Perhaps Khan should be the tiebreaker on first round picks since he cuts the checks.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I have it narrowed down to my main three now with the 24th overall pick.

1. Darnell Wright
2. Isaiah Foskey
3. O'Cyrus Torrence

I think we need to either add a quality starter to protect Lawrence early or at least a consistent edge rusher. Foskey has hit 10 sacks over the last two years, he tested very well at the combine and he really could come in and help us out.

These three players make the most sense to me due to contract situations going into 2024. We'll have Josh Allen more than likely testing the market and Cam Robinson's situation will leave a need out there.

Nabbing Wright gives you a RT with potentially Little moving over to LT going into a contract year in 2024. Torrence is a guy you plug in at LG and don't lose any sleep over. This in turn gives you decent depth with Bartch.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 09:04 PM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-06-2023, 12:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I have it narrowed down to my main three now with the 24th overall pick.

1. Darnell Wright
2. Isaiah Foskey
3. O'Cyrus Torrence

I think we need to either add a quality starter to protect Lawrence early or at least a consistent edge rusher. Foskey has hit 10 sacks over the last two years, he tested very well at the combine and he really could come in and help us out.

These three players make the most sense to me due to contract situations going into 2024. We'll have Josh Allen more than likely testing the market and Cam Robinson's situation will leave a need out there.

Nabbing Wright gives you a RT with potentially Little moving over to LT going into a contract year in 2024. Torrence is a guy you plug in at LG and don't lose any sleep over. This in turn gives you decent depth with Bartch.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Most mocks have Wright going above #24 now. I'm going to assume he won't be there. I think first round is too high for Foskey, and Torrence is almost strictly a guard. I wouldn't draft a guard in the first round unless his name was John Hannah.

I think DL will be the better value. There's a good chance one of Murphy, N. Smith, K. White or Van Ness could fall to #24. I'd take them all over the remaining O-linemen.

1. Joey Porter Jr.
2. Nolan Smith
3. Darnell Wright

I think all 3 are somewhat long shots to be available at 24 but stranger things have happened.

(04-08-2023, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 1. Joey Porter Jr.
2. Nolan Smith
3. Darnell Wright

I think all 3 are somewhat long shots to be available at 24 but stranger things have happened.

I'd put Van Ness at 4 or 3b.

(04-08-2023, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 1. Joey Porter Jr.
2. Nolan Smith
3. Darnell Wright

Yeah, I think Wright has the best chance to be there at 24

I think Nolan Smith goes to Philly

about two more weeks until we find out.

(04-10-2023, 10:33 PM)Jag88 Wrote: about two more weeks until we find out.

Can't wait!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

And then we all get mad because they didn't pick our guy.  It's a tradition.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 10:18 AM by Cleatwood.)

(04-11-2023, 10:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

And then we all get mad because they didn't pick our guy.  It's a tradition.
I think the only time this didn't happen was Trevor and maaaaaaybe Ramsey?

(04-11-2023, 10:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 10:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: And then we all get mad because they didn't pick our guy.  It's a tradition.
I think the only time this didn't happen was Trevor and maaaaaaybe Ramsey?

LOL, yep.

There were a few gatur-fans not pleased with the Ramsey pick, but it was widely approved. 

This year will be different. Most of the tantrum throwers have already quit posting over the Meyer debacle, Baalke retention or the Walker pick anyway, so it will be interesting to see who loses their [BLEEP] this year.

(04-11-2023, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 10:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think the only time this didn't happen was Trevor and maaaaaaybe Ramsey?

LOL, yep.

There were a few gatur-fans not pleased with the Ramsey pick, but it was widely approved. 

This year will be different. Most of the tantrum throwers have already quit posting over the Meyer debacle, Baalke retention or the Walker pick anyway, so it will be interesting to see who loses their [BLEEP] this year.
"Hargreaves is better than Ramsey!"

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2023, 02:09 PM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL, yep.

"Hargreaves is better than Ramsey!"

Screw both of you.  Not all Gator fans are freaking morons that can't tell the difference between a good college player and a pro prospect.  That's a vocal minority. If someone dominates against my Gators, get them on my Jags team.

And the people that waffled on the Ramsey pick did so because he didn't have any interceptions at FSU, not because he wasn't a Gator, dip [BLEEP].