Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(04-13-2023, 02:08 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: "Hargreaves is better than Ramsey!"

Screw both of you.  Not all Gator fans are freaking morons that can't tell the difference between a good college player and a pro prospect.  That's a vocal minority.  If someone dominates against my Gators, get them on my Jags team.

And the people that waffled on the Ramsey pick did so because he didn't have any interceptions at FSU, not because he wasn't a Gator, dip [BLEEP].

I mean, I literally said "a few gatur fans" - not "all gator fans."

If you're taking that personally - I guess you were one of the few? No big deal. The point was that most Jags fans liked the pick. 

And while we're gaining some perspective here, every poster on this board has been a "freaking moron" about a prospect at some point. All of us have been wrong.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-13-2023, 02:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-13-2023, 02:08 PM)scottyg Wrote: Screw both of you.  Not all Gator fans are freaking morons that can't tell the difference between a good college player and a pro prospect.  That's a vocal minority.  If someone dominates against my Gators, get them on my Jags team.

And the people that waffled on the Ramsey pick did so because he didn't have any interceptions at FSU, not because he wasn't a Gator, dip [BLEEP].

I mean, I literally said "a few gatur fans" - not "all gator fans."

If you're taking that personally - I guess you were one of the few? No big deal. The point was that most Jags fans liked the pick. 

And while we're gaining some perspective here, every poster on this board has been a "freaking moron" about a prospect at some point. All of us have been wrong.

I was actually laughing when I posted - so not really mad.  I did manage to entertain myself with my post, and that's what really matters.  

It does get a bit old sometimes though, but there are definitely a few embarrassments to the Gator Nation, so it is what it is I guess.  I have a friend and former co-worker like that - years after it was obvious to any rational mind, he was still telling me all Tebow needed was another chance at QB.  I can't talk with that guy about football, not without wanting to slap him upside the head anyway.

Anyway, no real offense meant.  I called you all dip [BLEEP] in good fun lol

(04-13-2023, 02:52 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(04-13-2023, 02:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I mean, I literally said "a few gatur fans" - not "all gator fans."

I was actually laughing when I posted - so not really mad.  I did manage to entertain myself with my post, and that's what really matters.  

It does get a bit old sometimes though, but there are definitely a few embarrassments to the Gator Nation, so it is what it is I guess.  I have a friend and former co-worker like that - years after it was obvious to any rational mind, he was still telling me all Tebow needed was another chance at QB.  I can't talk with that guy about football, not without wanting to slap him upside the head anyway.

Anyway, no real offense meant.  I called you all dip [BLEEP] in good fun lol
I get it, [BLEEP] face.

I feel good about this list.

[Image: vfqYhuS.png]
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-13-2023, 04:57 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: I feel good about this list.

[Image: vfqYhuS.png]
This is really solid.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2023, 08:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Here is a good break down of our potential pick at 24

https://youtu.be/i3HImdgAlD0

I dont think he will be able to cover the elite WRs or very fast corners in the league but I love how he covers Bowers. Our staff could play him all over this year and he could take over for Jenkins next year and be our future SS. Im thinking he will be our pick because I think the top players at the more important positions will be gone and we go BPA with Branch. He might be the guy we need to cover Kelce and we will finally have our TE stopper.

I could see

1. Branch
2. Hall
3. oline

I've been saying Branch for a couple of months now. Still hoping we go that route if he's there when we pick.

(04-13-2023, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I could see

1. Branch
2. Hall
3. oline

Branch could very well be the pick. The other 2 players I think would interest them greatly are Darnell Wright and Myles Murphy. Wright will likely be gone, so the pick may very well be Branch or Murphy. If all 3 are gone, it's hard to say which player they'd select.

If the draft goes the way you predict, I'd try to trade up to get the offensive lineman at the end of round 2 or top of round 3. Mauch, Bergeron and Duncan would be valuable additions to the line, but all would likely be gone by pick 88 in round 3. Hopefully some team would do this to acquire the Jags 3rd rounder and one of their 4th's.

Does Engram not signing his tag yet affect draft priorities, or is that nothing to worry about?

(04-13-2023, 08:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here is a good break down of our potential pick at 24

I dont think he will be able to cover the elite WRs or very fast corners in the league but I love how he covers Bowers.  Our staff could play him all over this year and he could take over for Jenkins next year and be our future SS.  Im thinking he will be our pick because I think the top players at the more important positions will be gone and we go BPA with Branch.  He might be the guy we need to cover Kelce and we will finally have our TE stopper.

So he’s slow and has no chance of covering elite receivers, but he’s worthy of a 1st round pick. Got it.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-18-2023, 02:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-13-2023, 08:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here is a good break down of our potential pick at 24

I dont think he will be able to cover the elite WRs or very fast corners in the league but I love how he covers Bowers.  Our staff could play him all over this year and he could take over for Jenkins next year and be our future SS.  Im thinking he will be our pick because I think the top players at the more important positions will be gone and we go BPA with Branch.  He might be the guy we need to cover Kelce and we will finally have our TE stopper.

So he’s slow and has no chance of covering elite receivers, but he’s worthy of a 1st round pick. Got it.

I don't see him as a corner, I see him as a safety that can play in the slot.  Safeties can't cover elite WRs, yes I think he's worthy of a 1st round pick.

(04-18-2023, 02:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

It's a late first round pick.  If he can cover Kelce, he's worth it.  Did you watch the KC playoff game?  Cover Kelce and we're in the AFC Championship Game and one win away from the Super Bowl.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2023, 09:59 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-18-2023, 09:11 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 02:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: So he’s slow and has no chance of covering elite receivers, but he’s worthy of a 1st round pick. Got it.

It's a late first round pick.  If he can cover Kelce, he's worth it.  Did you watch the KC playoff game?  Cover Kelce and we're in the AFC Championship Game and one win away from the Super Bowl.
He did very good against Bowers.  That's my thought as well.  TE stopper.  Then just get someone at LG that can block Jones

(04-18-2023, 09:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 09:11 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: It's a late first round pick.  If he can cover Kelce, he's worth it.  Did you watch the KC playoff game?  Cover Kelce and we're in the AFC Championship Game and one win away from the Super Bowl.
He did very good against Bowers.  That's my thought as well.  TE stopper.  Then just get someone at LG that can block Jones

Much of this depends on how much they believe in Darious Williams as the 2nd corner. He did a good job after being moved from nickel and is set to make $9 million in 2024. If he has another solid season, he'd be worth keeping and Branch would make total sense. If they plan on parting ways with Williams, they'd have to consider someone like Banks instead. My preference is Branch; covering tight ends has always been a weakness for this team and Branch could fix this. He is about as solid a player as you can find with the 24th pick since he never misses a tackle and could be an effective blitzer in Caldwell's defense.

(04-18-2023, 09:11 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 02:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: So he’s slow and has no chance of covering elite receivers, but he’s worthy of a 1st round pick. Got it.

No one can cover Kelce because it's not just Kelce. It's Mahomes and Reid too.

The Eagles had good safeties and Kelce went 6 for 81 and a TD.
Bengals: 8 for 78 and a TD

He had 4 or more catches in every single game this past year.

(04-18-2023, 11:18 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 09:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He did very good against Bowers.  That's my thought as well.  TE stopper.  Then just get someone at LG that can block Jones

Much of this depends on how much they believe in Darious Williams as the 2nd corner
. He did a good job after being moved from nickel and is set to make $9 million in 2024. If he has another solid season, he'd be worth keeping and Branch would make total sense. If they plan on parting ways with Williams, they'd have to consider someone like Banks instead. My preference is Branch; covering tight ends has always been a weakness for this team and Branch could fix this. He is about as solid a player as you can find with the 24th pick since he never misses a tackle and could be an effective blitzer in Caldwell's defense.
This shouldn't factor into the decision whether they want Branch or not being they play different positions.  Regardless if we keep Williams or not he good be a nice upgrade and plamaker for the defense

(04-18-2023, 11:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 09:11 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: It's a late first round pick.  If he can cover Kelce, he's worth it.  Did you watch the KC playoff game?  Cover Kelce and we're in the AFC Championship Game and one win away from the Super Bowl.
No one can cover Kelce because it's not just Kelce. It's Mahomes and Reid too.

The Eagles had good safeties and Kelce went 6 for 81 and a TD.
Bengals: 8 for 78 and a TD

He had 4 or more catches in every single game this past year.

No team can shut him down, that is true. He caught 14 passes vs. the Jaguars in the playoff loss and I'd have to believe Branch would have more success than someone like Herndon or whoever else he feasted on. I'm not saying that drafting Branch will automatically take them to the Super Bowl. They need a better pass rush and improved play from the offensive line in addition to a nickel.

I really like Julius Brents for this secondary now. Not sure if he's maybe a 3rd RD guy or early 4th RD guy. He's got the right size and look though to be a solid CB2 opposite of Campbell. He's a big guy that can play zone.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-18-2023, 11:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 11:18 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
Much of this depends on how much they believe in Darious Williams as the 2nd corner
. He did a good job after being moved from nickel and is set to make $9 million in 2024. If he has another solid season, he'd be worth keeping and Branch would make total sense. If they plan on parting ways with Williams, they'd have to consider someone like Banks instead. My preference is Branch; covering tight ends has always been a weakness for this team and Branch could fix this. He is about as solid a player as you can find with the 24th pick since he never misses a tackle and could be an effective blitzer in Caldwell's defense.
This shouldn't factor into the decision whether they want Branch or not being they play different positions.  Regardless if we keep Williams or not he good be a nice upgrade and plamaker for the defense

Now that I think about it, you're probably right about that!