Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(02-01-2023, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida

Torrence is standing out as a run blocker and in pass protection through the first two days of practice. He's a massive man (6-5, 337 pounds) with excellent core strength. Bull rushers have learned they won't have much luck attacking him down the middle. He's struggled some with zone blocks, but he's built for downhill, power-based running attacks and has shown out in individual drills and the scrimmage phase of practice.

I honestly think he's gonna go a lot higher than people think. I see him as a perfect fit for Pittsburgh, but he might not even make it to the Steelers. They desperately need interior O-Line help.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bug 

Someone will fall, someone always falls ... So here's a wee question to pass the time for some of you guys... 

who's the guy who no one expects to fall (potentially as far as us) and why?

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 08:07 PM by IKhan't.)

(02-02-2023, 07:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...fQxDodYUEQ

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...zTlVzhnTgw

Avila is the interior O-Lineman I really, really want. He didn't allow a sack last season, is a very good run blocker and has experience at RT, both OG positions and Center. He would allow us a ton of position flexibility. If he's there in the 2nd round, I take him in a heartbeat.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 09:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-02-2023, 08:07 PM)IKhan't Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 07:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1...fQxDodYUEQ

Avila is the interior O-Lineman I really, really want. He didn't allow a sack last season, is a very good run blocker and has experience at RT, both OG positions and Center. He would allow us a ton of position flexibility. If he's there in the 2nd round, I take him in a heartbeat.

Im very high on Avila as well and would be a great get in the 2nd if hes there.

Heres one of my favorite safties in this draft

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/stat...i4s5f6028w

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2023, 12:07 PM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2023, 08:07 PM)IKhan't Wrote:

Agreed!! The team needs stronger, more physical guys up front imo.

Anton Harrison and Dawand Jones would be intriguing with the 1st. They could play RT and the team could move on from Robinson after 2023.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 09:52 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(02-02-2023, 04:48 PM)cat bells Wrote:
Someone will fall, someone always falls ... So here's a wee question to pass the time for some of you guys... 

I could see Bryan Bresee from Clemson being there. He doesn't really jump off the stat sheet from the DT position but he's a guy that sets the tone and enables other guys around him to potentially excel around the LOS. 

He'll fall because most teams want real impact at the skill positions where it's more of a 1 on 1 approach rather than take a chance in hoping Bresee is the same guy at the next level where everybody gets faster and stronger and he's going to command double teams, etc. 

He's also already had at least one ACL injury in his career. My only knock on him is that he reportedly played weaker against the run last year which is his strong suit to begin with. So, that ACL certainly effected him.

He's also not a pass rusher. He'll plug right inside, but, again, you're hoping he's disruptive enough to enable Allen, Walker, etc.

Tall order.

Could be a good value meets need pick there if this coaching staff opts to keep going with the 3 - 4. Especially with a [BLEEP] ton of guys hitting the market next month. Wouldn't surprise me at all seeing him fall. ACL injury, lack of production on the stat sheet, down year against the run, more of a 3 - 4 fit Vs. 4 - 3 fit, etc.

Those are easy reasons to knock a guy down most teams draft boards.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-06-2023, 09:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 04:48 PM)cat bells Wrote:

I could see Bryan Bresee from Clemson being there. He doesn't really jump off the stat sheet from the DT position but he's a guy that sets the tone and enables other guys around him to potentially excel around the LOS. 

He'll fall because most teams want real impact at the skill positions where it's more of a 1 on 1 approach rather than take a chance in hoping Bresee is the same guy at the next level where everybody gets faster and stronger and he's going to command double teams, etc. 

He's also already had at least one ACL injury in his career. My only knock on him is that he reportedly played weaker against the run last year which is his strong suit to begin with. So, that ACL certainly effected him.

He's also not a pass rusher. He'll plug right inside, but, again, you're hoping he's disruptive enough to enable Allen, Walker, etc.

Tall order.

Could be a good value meets need pick there if this coaching staff opts to keep going with the 3 - 4. Especially with a [BLEEP] ton of guys hitting the market next month. Wouldn't surprise me at all seeing him fall. ACL injury, lack of production on the stat sheet, down year against the run, more of a 3 - 4 fit Vs. 4 - 3 fit, etc.

He's going to be a Baalke guy FOR SURE.

(02-06-2023, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 09:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I could see Bryan Bresee from Clemson being there. He doesn't really jump off the stat sheet from the DT position but he's a guy that sets the tone and enables other guys around him to potentially excel around the LOS. 

Tall order.

He's going to be a Baalke guy FOR SURE.

Yeah. I agree. It's honestly concerning. I don't know if I really like him as prospect. He could POTENTIALLY enable guys like Walker and Allen to get better but if we're just looking for a big body that commands double teams? Why pull the trigger there?

I would rather wait until RD2 or RD3 and try my luck with a guy like Van Neese or Dexter virtually in those same exact roles except more proven, less injury prone, etc.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-06-2023, 10:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's going to be a Baalke guy FOR SURE.

Yeah. I agree. It's honestly concerning. I don't know if I really like him as prospect. He could POTENTIALLY enable guys like Walker and Allen to get better but if we're just looking for a big body that commands double teams? Why pull the trigger there?

I would rather wait until RD2 or RD3 and try my luck with a guy like Van Neese or Dexter virtually in those same exact roles except more proven, less injury prone, etc.
So he played high school ball about 10 minutes from my house and he just destroyed guys who were smaller than him (which was everyone). I think he has a lot of potential and it typically takes 2 years post ACL to really get back. I'm sure he will crush the combine and someone will fall in love.

Breese was the number 1 High School recruit coming out. He had a great freshman year than the ACL tear like yall said. Then he had a sister or a close family member die, i hink it was his sister. I do think he would be a high risk high reward pick but the potential is very high. If he checks out medically Breese could be a good pick there.

(02-06-2023, 10:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 10:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I agree. It's honestly concerning. I don't know if I really like him as prospect. He could POTENTIALLY enable guys like Walker and Allen to get better but if we're just looking for a big body that commands double teams? Why pull the trigger there?

So he played high school ball about 10 minutes from my house and he just destroyed guys who were smaller than him (which was everyone). I think he has a lot of potential and it typically takes 2 years post ACL to really get back. I'm sure he will crush the combine and someone will fall in love.

(02-06-2023, 10:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Breese was the number 1 High School recruit coming out.  He had a great freshman year than the ACL tear like yall said.  Then he had a sister or a close family member die, i hink it was his sister. I do think he would be a high risk high reward pick but the potential is very high.  If he checks out medically Breese could be a good pick there.

Yeah. Everything looks good on paper from his past and sounds good prior to that ACL. It wouldn't be a bad pick, granted, you have to hope everything is good across the board during the evaluation process. I wouldn't love the pick but I wouldn't hate it neither. I feel like we could do better by switching to a 4 - 3 and kicking Walker inside next to Fatukasi.

I really like this McDonald kid out of Iowa State though. Would love that pick considering we need a viable pass rusher. He has the right skillset, the production is there, the tenacity is there, the frame is there for him to keep growing into. I would love that pick and then stealing a guy like Karl Brooks out of Bowling Green potentially in RD4 to rotate in and develop would be perfect.

(02-06-2023, 10:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Breese was the number 1 High School recruit coming out.  He had a great freshman year than the ACL tear like yall said.  Then he had a sister or a close family member die, i hink it was his sister. I do think he would be a high risk high reward pick but the potential is very high.  If he checks out medically Breese could be a good pick there.

He may be the biggest risk-reward player in this draft. I'd pass on him, because the Jaguars are on a roll and the last thing they need is a first round bust. Granted, no player is a guaranteed success but I'd rather take one of the "safer" players like Torrence, B. Jones, Mayer or Witherspoon.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 08:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-06-2023, 07:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

He may be the biggest risk-reward player in this draft. I'd pass on him, because the Jaguars are on a roll and the last thing they need is a first round bust. Granted, no player is a guaranteed success but I'd rather take one of the "safer" players like Torrence, B. Jones, Mayer or Witherspoon.

Oh I agree.  There are a bunch of guys I'd take over Breese

(02-06-2023, 02:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 10:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So he played high school ball about 10 minutes from my house and he just destroyed guys who were smaller than him (which was everyone). I think he has a lot of potential and it typically takes 2 years post ACL to really get back. I'm sure he will crush the combine and someone will fall in love.

Yeah. Everything looks good on paper from his past and sounds good prior to that ACL. It wouldn't be a bad pick, granted, you have to hope everything is good across the board during the evaluation process. I wouldn't love the pick but I wouldn't hate it neither. I feel like we could do better by switching to a 4 - 3 and kicking Walker inside next to Fatukasi.

I really like this McDonald kid out of Iowa State though. Would love that pick considering we need a viable pass rusher. He has the right skillset, the production is there, the tenacity is there, the frame is there for him to keep growing into. I would love that pick and then stealing a guy like Karl Brooks out of Bowling Green potentially in RD4 to rotate in and develop would be perfect.

Would you take McDonld over Keion White?

79 days to go

(02-06-2023, 08:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 07:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: He may be the biggest risk-reward player in this draft. I'd pass on him, because the Jaguars are on a roll and the last thing they need is a first round bust. Granted, no player is a guaranteed success but I'd rather take one of the "safer" players like Torrence, B. Jones, Mayer or Witherspoon.

Oh I agree.  There are a bunch of guys I'd take over Breese

(02-06-2023, 02:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Everything looks good on paper from his past and sounds good prior to that ACL. It wouldn't be a bad pick, granted, you have to hope everything is good across the board during the evaluation process. I wouldn't love the pick but I wouldn't hate it neither. I feel like we could do better by switching to a 4 - 3 and kicking Walker inside next to Fatukasi.

Would you take McDonld over Keion White?
Yes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 10:10 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Darnell Washington is a Mercedes Lewis clone except a tad bigger

(02-07-2023, 10:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Darnell Washington is a Mercedes Lewis clone except a tad bigger

That's a fair comp for him. I like that actually.

(02-08-2023, 09:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 10:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Darnell Washington is a Mercedes Lewis clone except a tad bigger

That's a fair comp for him. I like that actually.

Meh.  I think Washington catches the ball much more smoothly and is more athletic.  Besides Kyle Brady, Lewis took some of the most awkward falls I can remember.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-08-2023, 09:59 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 09:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: That's a fair comp for him. I like that actually.

Meh.  I think Washington catches the ball much more smoothly and is more athletic.  Besides Kyle Brady, Lewis took some of the most awkward falls I can remember.

[Image: giphy.gif]