Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

It's safe to say that the Jaguars will NOT be taking a quarterback, running back, wide receiver or safety in the top 3 rounds unless they let Jenkins go. That leaves interior offensive line, pass rusher and cornerback/nickel as the most likely targets with nose tackle slightly behind.Things will change once the team decides whom not to re-sign for the 2023 season. I believe the Jaguars will approach this draft with following plan:

Rounds 1 and 2:  An Edge rusher to replace Walker- who moves to defensive end and an interior lineman to replace Bartch/Shatley as a starter. The Edge rusher class is much deeper than guard, so Torrence would be the pick in round 1, if available and it's likely that they could then get a good Edge in round 2. Jeremiah had 8 Edge rushers going in round 1 which shows how strong this group is.

Rounds 3 and 4: The Jaguars have 3 total picks in these rounds and I'd expect one of them to be a corner/nickel and another to be a defensive lineman/nose tackle.

Tight end and offensive tackle will also likely be addressed at some point to provide more depth at these positions. Engram is likely to be re-signed but they will be losing at least a few current back-ups at this position and I see no way they keep Taylor despite having his best season by far. Of course, there is a possibility that a player they really like drops to a spot in which they can't pass up the value. I have 3 players that would fall into this category:

Broderick Jones: Georgia's offensive tackle should go in top 20, but he'd be hard to pass on at 24 since he could play a year at guard before replacing Cam Robinson at tackle in 2024.

Luke Musgrave: I'd likely select him in round 2. He and Engram would be very hard for defenses to contend with. He is also a good blocker in addition to being an excellent receiver.

Devon Witherspoon: Love his skill-set at corner/nickel and would be a huge upgrade if available at pick 24.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by jaglou53 - 01-22-2023, 05:17 AM