Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(02-08-2023, 08:42 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 03:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I actually agree with you here. Not sure what all the fuss is about with Musgrave. I don't have any stats to look at nor not enough highlights to even see what he's fully capable of. He's a great athlete. Cool. Can he stay healthy though? There's a lot of great athletes in the NFL. More than half of them amount to [BLEEP].

Same regards with Washington. I am a Bulldogs fan and was pretty maddening to watch him at times. Even in blowout wins against "meh" opponents. 

One week he would make this crazy, stupid catch along the sideline and then hurdle a guy then the next he's dropping wide open catches with no defenders around him. He's an excellent run blocker though and would be a great TE2 with Engram out there in running plays and play action plays.

I really think he's like Jelani Woods that came out last year.

Lewis had one really good year for us, then, I remembered him having a year where he couldn't seem to catch a cold. He was dropping every damn thing that came his way it felt like. 

I wouldn't take Musgrave nor Washington with the 24th overall pick but they would be in my consideration in RD2 with a firm commitment from the coaching staff having a plan that utilizes them early. Because, realistically, how the [BLEEP] are you going to use Ridley, Kirk, Jones, Engram, Etienne & Agnew + new guy?

Just seems too busy.

This is all assuming though that this team manages to resign Engram. Which they should. At this point I would like to see them even bring back Arnold and/or Manhertz for a team friendly cap number just so this team can focus on addressing the interior pass rush and interior protection on offense.
Like you said, I could see taking one of those tight ends in the 2nd round. Pederson knows how to effectively utilize having 2 tight ends as he showed with the Eagles. I'd actually prefer another receiving tight end as opposed to a wide receiver. There has been some talk about the Jaguars trading for Tee Higgins. While he is only 24 and a very good receiver, I'd be concerned that there would eventually be bad feelings/attitudes from the rest of the receiving corps. A receiving group of Ridley, Higgins, Kirk, Jones and Engram would look great on paper, but one ball would not be enough to make all these guys happy.

Higgins/ridley

Kirk
Engram

Jones 

I'd take tee Higgins in an instant. Jones was nice for us last year but he's not half the player Higgins is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by jessepeck1213 - 02-09-2023, 12:50 AM