Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023, 04:04 AM by IKhan't.)

(02-09-2023, 12:50 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 08:42 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Like you said, I could see taking one of those tight ends in the 2nd round. Pederson knows how to effectively utilize having 2 tight ends as he showed with the Eagles. I'd actually prefer another receiving tight end as opposed to a wide receiver. There has been some talk about the Jaguars trading for Tee Higgins. While he is only 24 and a very good receiver, I'd be concerned that there would eventually be bad feelings/attitudes from the rest of the receiving corps. A receiving group of Ridley, Higgins, Kirk, Jones and Engram would look great on paper, but one ball would not be enough to make all these guys happy.

Higgins/ridley

Kirk
Engram

JonesĀ 

I'd take tee Higgins in an instant. Jones was nice for us last year but he's not half the player Higgins is.

I agree 100%, but I'm also a realist. There is about a .10% chance we would trade for Higgins and that is being generous. Personally, I would go all out to get him, because I believe he is one of the top 5-7 WR's in the NFL. I also am not as positive that Calvin Ridley is gonna be the same Calvin Ridley we saw in 2020, as some other posters here. He will have been away from the game for almost 2 whole years. I have no clue how he will look. I am hoping he's the same elite WR he was before he was suspended, but there are absolutely no guarantees.

(02-08-2023, 01:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Is there not a lot of desire to trade back from #24 and get a few more picks?

I wouldn't mind if we did. I really don't see a lot of difference in the type of player that might be there at #24 and the kind of players that might be available in the first 1/3 of the 2nd round. As long as we get a good player that makes the team better, I don't care where we draft them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by IKhan't - 02-10-2023, 04:01 AM