Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(02-12-2023, 02:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 01:50 PM)cat bells Wrote: I'd lean towards agreeing with the duke here. Being at 24 is a massive change from being top 5 or 6 again too a huge amount more variables/players in play.. I just hope we don't force it ... As.mentioned Issue Newsome was the master at it ... Let the draft come to us, and if you need to go up for a top player fine, If you can drop down fine, otherwise sit tight, don't get tempted into reaching for need and draft the best player you can and just keep improving your team.

I don't think you are agreeing with Duke then.  He has mentioned multiple times that he's likes drafting for need.

I'm not against drafting for need in certain situations but for me it's all about balance ... If we get to 24 for example and there's a TE or especially a tackle/ guard there who were have graded marginally behind say a running back I'll weigh that decision and probably take the TE or OL... The reward may well be worth the risk. If Barry Sanders happens to be there I'll take the rb and take my chances! 

I think the point the duke was trying to make and which I agree with, but perhaps wasn't succinct enough with is when it gets to draft night being fluid enough to keep your options open, keep a clear head and understanding your own roster enough to figure out the best way to improve it... And then being able to act on that. I think the last thing any of us want to see is a situation where we approach the draft with a 'set plan's' whether that be moving up or down or chasing after certain targets. I'd absolutely agree that that's the kind of needs based drafting that lands you with C.j Henderson and a headache.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by cat bells - 02-12-2023, 02:55 PM