Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(02-14-2023, 08:32 PM)Norseman Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 06:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What is your "common sense" pick when you are on the clock in this situation in the second round?

Needs listed in order of priority. Nobody wants to trade for your pick.

[Image: Team-Needs-2.png]

I assume that the need is short-term/coming season, so we are not looking down the road.
Assume the needs are listed an order of priority that considers immediacy.
It would also be helpful to know the stats of what is currently on the roster. How much of an improvement would ex. the CB add to that room compared to the alternatives?
Assume the needs are listed in an order of priority that considers this as well. I know I would consider this when listing my needs. 

My gut instinct is to go with the OT, but I would feel better about it if I felt certain that the pick would be an upgrade. I would also consider the CB because it appears to add more value. TE would only be a choice if the gap in need between CB and TE is very narrow and there is a better fit between TE prospect and the team’s needed intangibles. Selecting a deep threat CB if the team need someone in the slot makes little sense, or if the TE prospect is a blocking TE and team needs a receiving TE. Having a bit more info on how much each position on the board would improve the respective room could make for a different decision. I can understand how such details can affect the decision here. Let's just assume the players listed all suit your needs - and they wouldn't be listed as needs if a second rounder didn't appear to be an upgrade.

Finally, I am still trying to figure out these grades. Are there any trends within the difference in grades between each position? I assume that the idea is to rate every player according to their performance, but are the grades comparable across positions? It seems reasonable to use grades to compare players at the same position, but it seems to me that skill positions often get a higher grade than the others.
Assume these grades are putting players on an even playing field - with positional value already factored in. These grades would represent the player's anticipated value as a pro player based on all scouting information gathered and analyzed. 

Answering in red above

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by NYC4jags - 02-15-2023, 10:52 AM