Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(03-17-2023, 12:57 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 04:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Slowing down at work. Quick picks. Traded down with Dallas. Moved down from 24 to 26 and swapped out a 4th RD pick for a 3rd RD pick in the deal.

Anton Harrison - OT - 26th overall
Cody Mauch - OG/OT - 56th overall
Sydney Brown - S - 88th overall
Sam LaPorta - TE - 90th overall
Zach Harrison - EDGE - 121st overall
Andrew Vorhees - OG - 127th overall
Keondre Coburn - NT - 202nd overall
Nick Herbig - EDGE - 208th overall
Ja'Von Hicks - S - 226th overall

My line of thinking with the first two picks. Due to Little's inexperience and Robinson being injury prone. We need an OT early. Harrison plays LT but I think a good summer battle between him, Robinson and Little should offer value and at the minimum provide a swing tackle.

Mauch is a swing tackle as well but I think he'll be a good guard that can also compete with Bartch and/or replace Scherff in 2024. Again, protecting Lawrence is crucial. The more big, athletic bodies we have on this roster. The better. Anton Harrison had a solid 8.22 RAS score. Would be higher if his height was an inch taller. Big whoop.

Snagging Brown and LaPorta in RD3 are steals as far as I am concerned. Brown fills the nickel void and offers safety support. LaPorta is a tackle breaking machine at his position. Compliments Engram well. Harrison and Vorhees offer depth on the Dline and Oline. Coburn can fill in for Fatukasi. Herbig is a tweener but a highly productive tweener coming out of Wisconsin. Will be great on ST's with his size and tenacity.

Hicks is a highly decorated safety leaving Cinci. We need some back up options there to develop incase things happen with Cisco and Jenkins. At the minimum he offers ST's play with his size and speed.
You inspired me to try one before calling it a night.

Rd. 1: O'Cyrus Torrence (OG) 24th overall

Rd. 2: Clark Phillips (CB/Nickel) 56th overall

Rd. 3: Isaiah Foskey (Edge) 88th overall

Rd. 4: Tyjae Spears (RB) 121 overall

Rd. 4: Payne Durham (TE) 127th overall

Rd. 6: Jerrod Clark (DL) 185th overall

Rd. 6: Dontay Demus (WR) 202nd overall

I took Torrence 1st despite being lower on my Board than Branch. Just felt like I could get a good nickel in rounds 2 or 3. I actually had the choice between Phillips and Antonio Johnson; either of these in round 2 would be fantastic. No way Foskey will drop to round 3, but somehow he was still on the Board so that was a no brainer. I'm not sure I could get a better combination of OL, nickel and Edge, the 3 biggest needs, than these 3 players. Spears and Durham in the 4th were excellent value picks and both should get playing time as rookies. I believe the tight end class is very deep and the Jaguars should be able to land a good player at this position at the beginning of Day 3 of the draft. The last 2 picks will likely end up on the practice squad. Demus' length will be an asset if he is able to stay healthy.

The weakness of this group is that there are no offensive tackles. They definitely need to add a swing tackle either in free agency or the draft. I love Torrence's run blocking and have him slightly ahead of Harrison and Wright despite the fact that he is limited to guard while the other two are more versatile.

This would be a great draft.  I think it's possible Foskey could get drafted before we pick in the 1st.  He'll of a draft though

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by flgatorsandjags - 03-17-2023, 09:38 AM