Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2023, 04:00 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-25-2023, 02:27 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: With the draft just slightly over a month away, this Board has had excellent discussion/speculation on how the Jaguars should address the areas of greatest need. In no particular order, they are clearly offensive line, pass rush and nickel/corner. The following would be my favorite scenarios in addressing these needs come draft time. The Jags will make one trade on day 2 in order to best meet their needs. It will be to move up in round 2 to get Mauch (give up their 2nd and a 4th) or moving up in the 3rd (giving up their own 3rd and one 4th).

Option 1: Brian Branch, Cody Mauch and D.J. Turner

Option 2: Will McDonald, Garrett Phillips, Mathew Bergeron

Option 3: Will McDonald, Cody Mauch and Tre'Vious Hodges-Tomlinson

The Jags moved up in round 2 in scenarios 1 and 3 to get Mauch. They moved up in round 3 in scenario 2 to get Bergeron if they couldn't get Mauch in round 2. Bergeron may not make it to round 3, however.

As much as I love Torrence as a run-blocking interior lineman, his lack of versatility is a concern since a swing tackle is definitely needed. That's the reason I preferred Mauch and Bergeron- who are both capable of playing guard or tackle. If the Jags decide to sign a free agent like Isaiah Wynn or George Fant for a reasonable price prior to the draft, Torrence would be back in the picture as a potential 1st rounder.

Which of these scenarios is best or is there a better one I didn't come up with?
I like McDonald but he's a little light for my liking in the first.  I'd rather Foskey if we go edge. Foskey has the size, the athleticism, and multiple years of production from a big time college. I still really want Kancey but he is likely gone when we pick and not sure if Baalke would take him.  I still feel Bresee is a really possibility.  On the Torrence and Mauch debate, who do they think will be the better player. I like versatility but I'd go with who they feel will be the best player.  I'd rather a Pro Bowl or All Pro G than just a good G/T player than can play multiple positions.  If we do take Torrence it doesn't mean we can't still take a swing tackle.  I'm also really high on Avila but I see him as a player that can play just on the interior oline as well.  I don't see Avila playing tackle at the next level but I would love it if we could get him in the 2nd.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by flgatorsandjags - 03-25-2023, 03:52 PM