Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(04-18-2023, 01:16 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 12:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really like Julius Brents for this secondary now. Not sure if he's maybe a 3rd RD guy or early 4th RD guy. He's got the right size and look though to be a solid CB2 opposite of Campbell. He's a big guy that can play zone.

I'd love for the Jags to trade down and collect 5-6 solid contributor prospects like Brents, Mauch, LaPorta, Foskey, etc. in rounds 2-4. 

The only sure-thing possibly available at #24 would be Darnell Wright, but 90% chance he's scooped up well before then.  

Best case scenario other than picking Wright: Levis or Hooker are still on the board when the Jags pick, prompting a desperate team to deal.

I agree with this. I actually have us doing this in my final mock prediction thread. It makes the most sense to me. Especially with the amount of money we have now kicked out into the future and with some of these contracts due to expire in 2024. 

We're going to have to inevitably make room for Lawrence's megadeal and then if Ridley balls out you're going to want to lock him down for a few years. 

The best way to maintain depth and competent play in the future is by landing your prospects now to develop this season and next season. We can't keep [BLEEP] around on defense with these draft picks. They need to gain picks, restock and keep moving forward.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by Caldrac - 04-18-2023, 01:22 PM