Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock!

(04-18-2023, 01:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 01:22 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No way Brents gets out of the 2nd round. He's one of the fastest risers in this draft. That being said, he'd be one of my top guys in round 2 for the Jaguars if still available due to the factors you mentioned. One thing I know is that there will be some very good players still available in round 2 in positions of need for the Jaguars. Depending on what the Jags do in round 1, I'd hate to have to choose between:

Julius Brents
Clark Phillips
Steve Avila
Cody Mauch
Darnell Washington
Cam Smith

All of these players would present great value in round 2. Can't wait to see what they do in just over 1 week!

I would trade down. I agree with DogCatcher here. Feels like there's a weird mix of value once you get past the top twenty this year. Would rather them not reach at a position where the value is really splitting hairs in RD2. If a QB hungry team wants Hooker or Levis I would be more than happy swapping 24 out for a future pick and a boatload of RD2 and/or RD3 selections. Specifically because of that list you have above.

I could get a solid CB, G and TE there in RD2. Easily. Or, I could go DT, DE and G, etc. There's a wide variety of good things to be done there. This would be a good year to trade down. I don't think Darnell Wright slips to us at 24. He's the only guy I would stay put for. From what I keep hearing. It doesn't sound like Torrence is a good fit and he has heavy feet for the scheme we run. 

Then you get really, really big boom/bust types of prospects like Bresee there. I don't know. It'll be fun and interesting draft. We're just about a week away though. Finally.

Bresee is to me the biggest risk/reward player in this draft. It will be interesting to see how far he falls due to injuries plus lack of playing time. I couldn't take him because of the risk involved. On the other hand, he may turn out to be the steal of this draft for the team that selects him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the 24th pick, the Jaguars are on the clock! - by jaglou53 - 04-18-2023, 04:11 PM