Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interior olineman

Some big bodies on the interior oline is something we could upgrade.  There are some biggins at the top of this list

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-...e-rankings

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6QUzXIFgU

Torrence or Skoronski r my picks for Rd 1 if either r available

I love this idea. We need some beef inside, especially at left guard.

That Wisconsin Center is intriguing. If he projects well to play NFL guard, he'd make nice insurance/back-up for Fortner.

Really like Torrence from Florida, Wypler from Ohio St. who can also play Center and push Fortner. I really like Mauch out of North Dakota St. as well who can potentially play swing Tackle and Guard.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Torrence, Mauch and Tippman are all intriguing possibilities. Andrew Vorhees is another possibility at this position. Torrence will likely get drafted somewhere between picks 20 and 40 so the Jaguars would have to take him in round 1. Mauch's combine and Senior Bowl performance will be critical since he'll be competing against much better athletes than he faced at N.D. State. If he holds his own, he'll likely go in the second round. His versatility is also a big plus. Vorhees and Tippman's evaluations are all over the chart. It is possible that one or both of these players fall to the Jaguars at pick 88. Both would be steals at that spot.

(01-25-2023, 01:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Torrence, Mauch and Tippman are all intriguing possibilities. Andrew Vorhees is another possibility at this position. Torrence will likely get drafted somewhere between picks 20 and 40 so the Jaguars would have to take him in round 1. Mauch's combine and Senior Bowl performance will be critical since he'll be competing against much better athletes than he faced at N.D. State. If he holds his own, he'll likely go in the second round. His versatility is also a big plus. Vorhees and Tippman's evaluations are all over the chart. It is possible that one or both of these players fall to the Jaguars at pick 88. Both would be steals at that spot.

Yeah. Will be a fun off season for sure for us to watch. I think Baalke is going to double down in this draft though at OG/OT and DE/DT. I really think that's how this team can maintain it's success in the long run. Most teams build their rosters up just like this. I keep pointing back to Seattle's draft last year. They absolutely killed it. That's the recipe for success right there. 

Double down.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Looks like IOL crop is extremely weak. Draft one of if the value is there but don't reach for one just because.

(01-25-2023, 03:07 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Looks like IOL crop is extremely weak. Draft one of if the value is there but don't reach for one just because.

Agreed. I think top tier guys like Torrence and Vorhees will probably be the earliest guys to go at the position. Mauch is a guy where I hope he performs just well enough to where he's worth the pick but not TOO good to where we have to drop a 2nd RD pick on him. 

He would be ideal in RD3. I don't think he's a reach there. Can play LT, Guard and more than likely RT. Former TE, so he's got good feet for his size that he's put on to play LT at North Dakota St.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023, 03:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-25-2023, 03:07 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Looks like IOL crop is extremely weak. Draft one of if the value is there but don't reach for one just because.

That goes for saying at any position

I'd be good with drafting Schmitz but I just have a feeling they will give the starting center job to Fortner. I love his size and experience. Fortner can get no push in short yardage situations and Schmitz I think could be a dominant run blocker a huge for Etienne and the run.

(01-25-2023, 01:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 01:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Torrence, Mauch and Tippman are all intriguing possibilities. Andrew Vorhees is another possibility at this position. Torrence will likely get drafted somewhere between picks 20 and 40 so the Jaguars would have to take him in round 1. Mauch's combine and Senior Bowl performance will be critical since he'll be competing against much better athletes than he faced at N.D. State. If he holds his own, he'll likely go in the second round. His versatility is also a big plus. Vorhees and Tippman's evaluations are all over the chart. It is possible that one or both of these players fall to the Jaguars at pick 88. Both would be steals at that spot.

Yeah. Will be a fun off season for sure for us to watch. I think Baalke is going to double down in this draft though at OG/OT and DE/DT. I really think that's how this team can maintain it's success in the long run. Most teams build their rosters up just like this. I keep pointing back to Seattle's draft last year. They absolutely killed it. That's the recipe for success right there. 

Double down.

I'd be fine with this approach. I'd also want the team to draft a corner/nickel by the end of day 2. Jeff Lagamen, whose opinion I value, indicated this week that cover corner/nickel is the biggest need on the team. He feels Darious Williams was just o.k. this season. Fortunately, the corner position is one of the deepest in this year's draft. I'd be pleased if the Jaguars selected anyone of the following in round 3: Garrett Williams, Eli Ricks, Riley Moss, Max Melton or Tre'Vious Hodges-Tomlinson.

I just did a mock on Fanspeak to address these positions and here's what I ended up with:

Rd. 1: O'Cyrus Torrence - Guard

Rd.2: Felix Anudike-Uzomah- Edge rusher

Rd. 3: Garrett Williams- Cornerback

Rd. 4: Sam LaPorta- Tight end 

Rd. 4- Kalijah Kancey- Interior pass rusher

Rd, 5- Ryan Hayes- Offensive Tackle

Rd. 6- Parker Washington- Wide receiver

Rd. 6- Dwayne McBride- Running back

I've done several of these, but this may be my favorite. I was able to double up on both lines (although Uzomah is not technically a lineman) getting the best guard (Torrence) and a developmental tackle on the Offensive line, one of my favorite Edge rushers in Uzomah and a very productive DT (Kancey) on the defense. Williams and LaPorta were steals in the 3rd and 4th rounds respectively and the last round netted two very productive players on offense who could both contribute as back-ups in their rookie season.

I'd appreciate your opinion of this draft class.

(01-25-2023, 07:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 01:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Will be a fun off season for sure for us to watch. I think Baalke is going to double down in this draft though at OG/OT and DE/DT. I really think that's how this team can maintain it's success in the long run. Most teams build their rosters up just like this. I keep pointing back to Seattle's draft last year. They absolutely killed it. That's the recipe for success right there. 

Double down.

I'd be fine with this approach. I'd also want the team to draft a corner/nickel by the end of day 2. Jeff Lagamen, whose opinion I value, indicated this week that cover corner/nickel is the biggest need on the team. He feels Darious Williams was just o.k. this season. Fortunately, the corner position is one of the deepest in this year's draft. I'd be pleased if the Jaguars selected anyone of the following in round 3: Garrett Williams, Eli Ricks, Riley Moss, Max Melton or Tre'Vious Hodges-Tomlinson.

I just did a mock on Fanspeak to address these positions and here's what I ended up with:

I've done several of these, but this may be my favorite. I was able to double up on both lines (although Uzomah is not technically a lineman) getting the best guard (Torrence) and a developmental tackle on the Offensive line, one of my favorite Edge rushers in Uzomah and a very productive DT (Kancey) on the defense. Williams and LaPorta were steals in the 3rd and 4th rounds respectively and the last round netted two very productive players on offense who could both contribute as back-ups in their rookie season.

Really, really damn good class man. You hit every need and concern we have with really good value. Williams in RD3 and LaPorta in RD4 feel like steals there. Parker Washington is a local guy. Really solid prospect. Somebody that could catch on and develop in 2023 and probably end up with a bigger role in 2024. Good job man.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=30iGvc_k5-4

Felix highlights

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwHa6zEPzNI

Garret

(01-26-2023, 06:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 07:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd be fine with this approach. I'd also want the team to draft a corner/nickel by the end of day 2. Jeff Lagamen, whose opinion I value, indicated this week that cover corner/nickel is the biggest need on the team. He feels Darious Williams was just o.k. this season. Fortunately, the corner position is one of the deepest in this year's draft. I'd be pleased if the Jaguars selected anyone of the following in round 3: Garrett Williams, Eli Ricks, Riley Moss, Max Melton or Tre'Vious Hodges-Tomlinson.

Really, really damn good class man. You hit every need and concern we have with really good value. Williams in RD3 and LaPorta in RD4 feel like steals there. Parker Washington is a local guy. Really solid prospect. Somebody that could catch on and develop in 2023 and probably end up with a bigger role in 2024. Good job man.

Thanks. I was very surprised that several of these players were available when I selected them. The big thing the Jaguars have in their favor is that the Edge rusher and cornerback positions appear to be very deep. It is therefore possible that Anudike-Uzomah and Williams will be on the board when the Jags pick in rounds 2 and 3 respectively. I doubt the same can be said about LaPorta and Kancey. LaPorta will likely be taken sometime in round 3 while Kancey could go in round 2. Kiper's mock had him going number 10 in round 1 to the Eagles which seems like a big reach, but it is possible that some team will fall in love with his pass rushing skills from the inside.

I look forward to Senior Bowl week (beginning Monday) when we can get a closer look at most of the top prospects.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 02:52 AM by IKhan't.)

(02-02-2023, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AngryNFLInsider/stat...highlights

Mauch is fun to watch. If he doesn't go in the bottom of round 1, I don't think he makes it passed the middle of round 2. That kid is extremely talented and he's only gonna get better. They have him playing mainly OG this week, but I believe that kid is gonna make a lot of money playing LT in the NFL.

(02-03-2023, 02:51 AM)IKhan't Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AngryNFLInsider/stat...highlights

Mauch is fun to watch. If he doesn't go in the bottom of round 1, I don't think he makes it passed the middle of round 2. That kid is extremely talented and he's only gonna get better. They have him playing mainly OG this week, but I believe that kid is gonna make a lot of money playing LT in the NFL.

Do we pull a New England Patriot's in this draft then and take him 24th overall? Nobody thought Cole Strange would go in RD1 last year. Ended up happening. 

I really like this kid as well. He has really good feet and has grown into these various positions overtime as he was asked to keep putting on the weight. Former TE. Sounds a little bit like Lane Johnson earlier on in his career with the Eagles. 

I would take him. I think if you factor in his versatility, his athleticism, etc. He's somebody to consider. I was hoping he wouldn't look too good so we could maybe get him in RD3 but he's here to play and I bet once he gets through the combine or pro-day his RAS score is going to be probably on the freakish side.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 01:56 AM by IKhan't. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-03-2023, 05:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 02:51 AM)IKhan't Wrote: Mauch is fun to watch. If he doesn't go in the bottom of round 1, I don't think he makes it passed the middle of round 2. That kid is extremely talented and he's only gonna get better. They have him playing mainly OG this week, but I believe that kid is gonna make a lot of money playing LT in the NFL.

Do we pull a New England Patriot's in this draft then and take him 24th overall? Nobody thought Cole Strange would go in RD1 last year. Ended up happening. 

I really like this kid as well. He has really good feet and has grown into these various positions overtime as he was asked to keep putting on the weight. Former TE. Sounds a little bit like Lane Johnson earlier on in his career with the Eagles. 

I would take him. I think if you factor in his versatility, his athleticism, etc. He's somebody to consider. I was hoping he wouldn't look too good so we could maybe get him in RD3 but he's here to play and I bet once he gets through the combine or pro-day his RAS score is going to be probably on the freakish side.

I like Mauch a lot. Before the Senior Bowl, I would've said no to taking him at #24, but now I'd definitely consider him. He played LT in college, he played LG during this week of practices and in the game he played Center and RT and looked fantastic. This guy is really good and his ability to play every position on the O-Line is so valuable.  

I'm hoping something goes really "wonky" and Broderick Jones falls to us at #24. Will it happen? Probably not, but I can wish. He could start out at LG and then move to LT, once Robinson is gone. Dawand Jones or Anton Harrison would be a consideration at that #24 pick as well. It all depends on who is available. Edge rusher Isaiah Foskey and C/OG John Michael Schmitz would get a lot of consideration from me too with that first pick. I have all of these guys rated very highly. This CB class is so ridiculously deep, so I think we might be able to wait a bit to add a Nickle Corner and I'd add more CB depth somewhere in the final day of the draft as well. I'd add a Safety on day 2 or early day 3 to replace Jenkins, who I would cut to save cap space. The Safety class is pretty deep as well.

(02-03-2023, 07:54 PM)IKhan't Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 05:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Do we pull a New England Patriot's in this draft then and take him 24th overall? Nobody thought Cole Strange would go in RD1 last year. Ended up happening. 

I like Mauch a lot. Before the Senior Bowl, I would've said no to taking him at #24, but now I'd definitely consider him. He played LT in college, he played LG during this week of practices and in the game he played Center and RT and looked fantastic. This guy is really good and his ability to play every position on the O-Line is so valuable.  

I'm hoping something goes really "wonky" and Broderick Jones falls to us at #24. Will it happen? Probably not, but I can wish. He could start out at LG and then move to LT, once Robinson is gone. Dawand Jones or Anton Harrison would be a consideration at that #24 pick as well. It all depends on who is available. Edge rusher Isaiah Foskey and C/OG John Michael Schmitz would get a lot of consideration from me too with that first pick. I have all of these guys rated very highly. This CB class is so ridiculously deep, so I think we might be able to wait a bit to add a Nickle Corner and I'd add more CB depth somewhere in the final day of the draft as well. I'd add a Safety on day 2 or early day 3 to replace Jenkins, who I would cut to save cap space. The Safety class is pretty deep as well.
I echo your thoughts regarding Broderick Jones. He'd be the top guy on my board for the reasons you mentioned. Torrence has a better chance of falling to us, however his outstanding week at the Senior Bowl would make it surprising if he's a Jaguar come April 27. Assuming both these players are gone, the pick gets much tougher. Like you said, the cornerback class is incredibly deep and a starting nickel can be found at the end of round 3. Someone like Rush, Moss or Brents- to name just 3- is likely to be there at pick 88. 

If the top 2 O. Linemen are off the board, I'd likely wait until round 2 and hope that either Avila or Vorhees are available. Vorhees' stock seems to have dropped some, but he looks like a plug and play guard like Avila. I'm sure this will change come April 27, however the players I'd consider at pick 24 after the two linemen are:

Brian Branch: Unlikely there, but could drop.

Michael Mayer or Luke Musgrave: Both these tight ends are also capable blockers and Pederson would have a field day calling plays with one of these and Engram on the field. Mayer is the safer 
                                                pick, but Musgrave may have even more upside.

Devon Witherspoon: Could play nickel for a year and then replace Darious Williams. I'd still take another corner later in the draft. Jags should double-up on corner and offensive line.

I'd like your thoughts on this and when will we get your first mock draft? Welcome back- there's no shame in taking a sabbatical after years of frustration due to horrible draft picks, free agents and awful coaching!

(02-05-2023, 01:30 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 07:54 PM)IKhan't Wrote: I like Mauch a lot. Before the Senior Bowl, I would've said no to taking him at #24, but now I'd definitely consider him. He played LT in college, he played LG during this week of practices and in the game he played Center and RT and looked fantastic. This guy is really good and his ability to play every position on the O-Line is so valuable.  

I echo your thoughts regarding Broderick Jones. He'd be the top guy on my board for the reasons you mentioned. Torrence has a better chance of falling to us, however his outstanding week at the Senior Bowl would make it surprising if he's a Jaguar come April 27. Assuming both these players are gone, the pick gets much tougher. Like you said, the cornerback class is incredibly deep and a starting nickel can be found at the end of round 3. Someone like Rush, Moss or Brents- to name just 3- is likely to be there at pick 88. 

If the top 2 O. Linemen are off the board, I'd likely wait until round 2 and hope that either Avila or Vorhees are available. Vorhees' stock seems to have dropped some, but he looks like a plug and play guard like Avila. I'm sure this will change come April 27, however the players I'd consider at pick 24 after the two linemen are:

Brian Branch: Unlikely there, but could drop.

Michael Mayer or Luke Musgrave: Both these tight ends are also capable blockers and Pederson would have a field day calling plays with one of these and Engram on the field. Mayer is the safer 
                                                pick, but Musgrave may have even more upside.

Devon Witherspoon: Could play nickel for a year and then replace Darious Williams. I'd still take another corner later in the draft. Jags should double-up on corner and offensive line.

I'd like your thoughts on this and when will we get your first mock draft? Welcome back- there's no shame in taking a sabbatical after years of frustration due to horrible draft picks, free agents and awful coaching!

Branch is good if he would be available, but I'd still rather choose a nickle later in the draft. 

I'd wait on a TE. This is a pretty good TE class and we NEED to re-sign Engram. We could add a pretty good one to compliment him in the 4th or 5th round. 

Witherspoon is the best CB in the draft. I think he is the first CB off the board. He should be long gone when we pick. I'd take a Nickle Corner and an outside CB for depth. Might as well double down at a weak position, since the class is so deep. 

Mock draft? I don't do those. I have no idea what other team's front offices are thinking. Plus, teams always draft guys I've never heard of before from schools I've never heard of. 

??????? Sabbatical? I was only off the board for like a day. I had to take my daughter on a college visit Sunday. Did you mean to post that for someone else?