Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars total year PFF grades

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023, 04:36 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

PFF is not perfect but I feel they are right much more than they are wrong.  I personally beleive these charts do give a solid indication how most of these players performed.  People beating their chest to resign Jawan Taylor, Rayshawn Jenkins, and other borderline players need to pump the breaks a bit.  Yes Jenkins made some huge impact plays but also was a liability in coverage on most players for example. Taylor looked like the answer at RT for awhile and kinda fell off at the end of the year.  With the team being 20 million over the cap, I expect some shockers to be let go.  Baalke got us this far so going to trust who he cuts from here on out.  

On offense it is no surprise who are best players are.  PFF seems to have nailed that right.  As I and others have said, this line is not good enough.  I think they look a lot better due to the QB getting rid of the ball.

[Image: qrofq94n2pda1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...becd40a540]

On Defense they nailed it mostly right again.  We need Walker to step up big in year 2.  My boy Dewey up there near the top. Lloyd needs a massive improvement not be a bust. 

[Image: 9h69skt42pda1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...d735044188]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks for posting ... Interesting never mind what you make of pff ...

I'm not sure about some of those defensive ones mind ... Griffin better than Jenkins, Chaisson over Walker, Fatukasi?!?

I didn't realize Taylor was that poor in run blocking at end of the year. The team was even getting good run yardage, were they just going left every time?

Scherf totally underplaying contract based on this, but I do wonder how much of that was trying to help Fortner.

In this era of NFL, just cannot have that many secondary guys be that poor at tackling and/or coverage.

Lloyd/Muma is going to need to figure there stuff out or like call up like some prior greats to work on some stuff.

Basically the 22 and 23 drafts are going to determine if this team will be legit contender during Trevor's rookie contract.

The grading is tricky but I would imagine it's all about how effective you played overall in the long run scaling wise based on "X" amount of opportunities. I could see why Quarterman would rank highly because outside of his game on the road against the tacks I couldn't tell you what else he was doing all season.

With that said. My biggest concern on that list is Fatukasi. 39 and 24 in run defense and tackling? I know he had some injuries on the year but for a guy that was head of his class last year in PFF rankings against the run he was a little bit of a let down in run defense this season. Everybody else makes sense really.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Some of the players have very few snaps and are difficult to grade. Otherwise I think the grades are fair even if individual grades may look strange. What is it with Walker having a higher coverage than tackling grade? Chaisson also seems pretty good in coverage.

Generally I'm a bit disappointed with our 1st round picks and these grades are showing they're not done too well. The eye test says Walker at least showed flashes but Lloyd fell off a cliff after the first games. I would give the other rookies a pass, especially those with bigger roles than their draft position indicated.

Lloyd played well in the cheifs game

Seems about right

Lloyd can turn it around. Missing the off-season really hurt him. He needs to hit film study hard this offseason.

(01-23-2023, 05:44 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Some of the players have very few snaps and are difficult to grade. Otherwise I think the grades are fair even if individual grades may look strange. What is it with Walker having a higher coverage than tackling grade? Chaisson also seems pretty good in coverage.

Generally I'm a bit disappointed with our 1st round picks and these grades are showing they're not done too well. The eye test says Walker at least showed flashes but Lloyd fell off a cliff after the first games. I would give the other rookies a pass, especially those with bigger roles than their draft position indicated.

Travon had some really good coverage plays in the beginning of the season.  I'm guessing he didn't have a high amount of coverage snaps and those early season plays really boost his coverage grade.

Wingards career has really come around. He was nothing special for a very long time, and really turned it around this year.
s
;

;

We had a lot of guys get streaky in short order last year off and on. However, just like Jenkins, who was known for his heroics mostly in the month of December, does anybody REALLY expect guys like Wingard and Quarterman to play in a full time role, consistently at the levels the PFF grades are showing here?

I don't. And I think most rational fans would think that as well.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The one that sticks out the most to me is Gregory Junior. Hopefully he can be a quality corner/STs player for us next year. It's been a while since we hit on a late round pick

(01-24-2023, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We had a lot of guys get streaky in short order last year off and on. However, just like Jenkins, who was known for his heroics mostly in the month of December, does anybody REALLY expect guys like Wingard and Quarterman to play in a full time role, consistently at the levels the PFF grades are showing here?

Wingard isn't a star, but I think he's clearly become a consistent contributor.  

Quarterman made the hit of the year.  But he's a depth player at best.  

Both players aren't starting material.  But they provide value at low cost.  Their PFF grades, if anything, is a testament to the DC for properly placing them in the right moments and positions to be good when they are on the field...

As a fan that has my doubts about our Caldwell, our DC, the success of guys like Quarterman and Wingard kind of make me take pause on my criticism.

(01-24-2023, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We had a lot of guys get streaky in short order last year off and on. However, just like Jenkins, who was known for his heroics mostly in the month of December, does anybody REALLY expect guys like Wingard and Quarterman to play in a full time role, consistently at the levels the PFF grades are showing here?

I agree but what I think these grades show is that for the role they have on the team they are great at it. I think that's what Caldwell needs to figure out next year is what role each player excels at and not forcing them into roles.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Fatukasi had a disappointing season.

Does these stats include Special Teams? I believe both Quarterman and Wingard played significantly there.

(01-24-2023, 09:42 PM)Jagsman Wrote: Fatukasi had a disappointing season.
Curious what his grades were like pre and post injury. Think he had a hamstring or lower body injury mid season. May have nagged him all season if that's the case. Especially for a big body.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(01-24-2023, 11:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 09:42 PM)Jagsman Wrote: Fatukasi had a disappointing3 season.
Curious what his grades were like pre and post injury. Think he had a hamstring or lower body injury mid season. May have nagged him all season if that's the case. Especially for a big body.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

My dirty mind read that as big booty

(01-23-2023, 04:43 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I didn't realize Taylor was that poor in run blocking at end of the year. The team was even getting good run yardage, were they just going left every time?

Scherf totally underplaying contract based on this, but I do wonder how much of that was trying to help Fortner.

In this era of NFL, just cannot have that many secondary guys be that poor at tackling and/or coverage.

Lloyd/Muma is going to need to figure there stuff out or like call up like some prior greats to work on some stuff.

Basically the 22 and 23 drafts are going to determine if this team will be legit contender during Trevor's rookie contract.

It’s because he wasn’t poor. Pff are guys that never played 1 down of football.

(01-25-2023, 03:00 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-23-2023, 04:43 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I didn't realize Taylor was that poor in run blocking at end of the year. The team was even getting good run yardage, were they just going left every time?

It’s because he wasn’t poor. Pff are guys that never played 1 down of football.

According to Lageman yesterday, he (Taylor) still leaves a lot to be desired in the run blocking department.