Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom coughlin needs to come back..

I'll take a geriatric Coughlin over dopey Gus any day
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Excuse me but i already have the monopoly on tom coughlin related threads

I wouldn't mind seeing him back on our sideline. If and only if he really wanted to be.

No pain, no gain.

TC will be back if Gus fails this year, mark my words.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Gus finally has a roster that can compete with the rest of the league, which is a luxury he hasn't had since his arrival. Why not let him do his job and see what he can accomplish with a complete, competent team instead of blaming him for the poor performance while the team was in rebuild mode.... If after this season the results are as they have been, then I can see calling for his head.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Gus finally has a roster that can compete with the rest of the league, which is a luxury he hasn't had since his arrival. Why not let him do his job and see what he can accomplish with a complete, competent team instead of blaming him for the poor performance while the team was in rebuild mode.... If after this season the results are as they have been, then I can see calling for his head.

He seems to be too thick-headed and won't change his philosophy about anything despite the at times embarrassing defensive effort since he took over. I can't help when watching the game to notice that the team seems completely lost half the time.

No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 12:33 PM by temporaryname.)

Do you mean as in the last game where our back-ups held them in the second half to little to no gain while the offense would have taken the win had it not been for two missed field goals? I guess they did that in spite of Gus.... People sometimes see what they want to see....

Enough of the hot fudge sundaes and milkshakes. I personally believe Gus's job is on the line. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 12:59 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:Do you mean as in the last game where our back-ups held them in the second half to little to no gain while the offense would have taken the win had it not been for two missed field goals? I guess they did that in spite of Gus.... People sometimes see what they want to see....

Another strawman argument.

It has nothing to do with this preseason, and everything to do with 2015. Go back and watch the three plays starting with 6:15 left in the 3rd quarter

from the 1st Houston game.

The defensive personnel last year weren't very good, but they were good enough to be better than 31st. Coaching matters.

EDIT:          And no, I don't want Tom Coughlin.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Enough of the hot fudge sundaes and milkshakes. I personally believe Gus's job is on the line. 

I agree whole-heartedly. It's his job to lose and a poor performance will ensure it's loss.

Quote:Another strawman argument.

It has nothing to do with this preseason, and everything to do with 2015. Go back and watch the three plays starting with 6:15 left in the 3rd quarter

from the 1st Houston game.

The defensive personnel last year weren't very good, but they were good enough to be better than 31st. Coaching matters.

EDIT:          And no, I don't want Tom Coughlin.
I agree to some extent, though when you have a weakness in one aspect of your defense, it affects the defense as a whole and you can't expect the strong aspect to consistantly cover the weaker one.

Compelling thread authored by the OP yet again.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 04:21 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Quote:Yes. He would be an upgrade and age is just a number. Both Belichick and Carroll are old and still the best 2 coaches in NFL. Anything but sprinkles is an upgrade and Bortles like old school coaches like George OLeary
Low key when I see Bortles in frame when Gus is laying a "speech" on his players he just has the look of "whatever" on his face. I bet he is thinking, "this is probably the dumbest coach I have or ever will encounter". lol jokes aside he does seem to not care for Bradley's RAH RAH.

Quote:Low key when I see Bortles in frame when Gus is laying a "speech" on his players he just has the look of "whatever" on his face. I bet he is thinking, "this is probably the dumbest coach I have or ever will encounter". lol jokes aside he does seem to not care for Bradley's RAH RAH.

Half the players in any given frame seem that way.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!