Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022/23 Personnel and Staff Changeover

Figured I'd start a thread to accumulate announcements like the following:

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...J1Xad80FvA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's odd. Wonder if it's more money or close to family...

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 11:00 PM by Caldrac.)

Not sure if Chad Ochocinco would be the guy I want coaching our receivers.

Then again, ego and diva aside, he was a talented receiver during his time. He also studided Jimmy Smith for his route running.

He just seems like a loud, rah-rah type when honestly? Zay and Christian come off as very reserved and humble.

Interesting though. Could be a unique pairing. Not for it, but not completely against it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

If Jim Bob Cooter goes to Tampa I wonder if Doug could get Joe Lombardi over here to take the same role.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-24-2023, 10:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure if Chad Ochocinco would be the guy I want coaching our receivers.

Then again, ego and diva aside, he was a talented receiver during his time. He also studided Jimmy Smith for his route running.

He just seems like a loud, rah-rah type when honestly? Zay and Christian come off as very reserved and humble.

Interesting though. Could be a unique pairing. Not for it, but not completely against it.

If Jim Bob Cooter goes to Tampa I wonder if Doug could get Joe Lombardi over here to take the same role.

I thought the same about Kirk, but he’s been tweeting back at criticism of him recently.  It’s not the biggest deal or the worst look, it just comes off a little immature and insecure to me.  Whatever criticism set him off should be viewed as beneath him and not worth responding to.

(01-24-2023, 10:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not sure if Chad Ochocinco would be the guy I want coaching our receivers.

No thanks.

(01-24-2023, 11:32 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:

No thanks.

Not sure why everybody has a problem with Joe Lombardi in any capacity. Everywhere he's been he's seen an above average level of success. Between New Orleans with Payton, Detroit with Caldwell and L.A with Staley. 

Also, he wouldn't be calling the plays. He would just inherit the passing game coordinator position which would be ideal considering that when L.A did makes plays in the passing game they had a tendency to stretch the secondary out. 

Also, once again, was it his fault Staley got his best receiver injured in week 17 and was it also his fault that Staley, a defensive minded coach, got schooled and essentially in the 2nd half Pederson along with Lawrence pretty much spammed the trips formation on them and they did nothing to adjust?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-25-2023, 08:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 11:32 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: No thanks.

Not sure why everybody has a problem with Joe Lombardi in any capacity. Everywhere he's been he's seen an above average level of success. Between New Orleans with Payton, Detroit with Caldwell and L.A with Staley. 

Also, he wouldn't be calling the plays. He would just inherit the passing game coordinator position which would be ideal considering that when L.A did makes plays in the passing game they had a tendency to stretch the secondary out. 

Also, once again, was it his fault Staley got his best receiver injured in week 17 and was it also his fault that Staley, a defensive minded coach, got schooled and essentially in the 2nd half Pederson along with Lawrence pretty much spammed the trips formation on them and they did nothing to adjust?

They didn't move the ball very well on offense all game. The only thing that changed in the second half is we stopped turning the ball over. Without those turnovers, the offense wouldn't have done much of anything and it would have been as bad a score as it was the first time they played.

I just don't like Joe Lombardi. He's not creative at all, and it's hard to judge him as a QB coach since he was coaching Drew Brees. I think he lacks any sort of creativity on offense and I'd rather go somewhere else.

It's not surprising that some of our assistant coaches will be approached by other teams. That's the price teams must face following success. I do believe that Pederson will be able to attract solid replacements for those who leave. I hope Chad Ochocinco is NOT the new WR coach. As was stated earlier, his personality is not a good fit for the current receivers group.

I read this as 2022/23 Personnel and Staff Hangover.

It's been a week. Lol

1010 just reported the Jags front office turned down a request by the Ravens to interview Press Taylor for OC.

(02-07-2023, 07:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: 1010 just reported the Jags front office turned down a request by the Ravens to interview Press Taylor for OC.

Maybe we can hype him as the next Sean Payton and get some mid-round darft picks for him.

In Dougy P I trust..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-07-2023, 07:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: 1010 just reported the Jags front office turned down a request by the Ravens to interview Press Taylor for OC.

Tell them Byron Leftwich is available. Seems he had a repeat of his tenure with Arizona.  About a year after Ariens left Arizona he was let go as well. In fact I believe Ariens is the only HC to have hired him.  Boy am I glad our owner didn't take that bait. I don't have anything against Byron, he just isn't ready for some responsibilities,,
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-07-2023, 02:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Tell them Byron Leftwich is available. Seems he had a repeat of his tenure with Arizona.  About a year after Ariens left Arizona he was let go as well. In fact I believe Ariens is the only HC to have hired him.  Boy am I glad our owner didn't take that bait. I don't have anything against Byron, he just isn't ready for some responsibilities,,

Agreed, we dodged a bullet.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 05:25 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-07-2023, 02:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 02:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Tell them Byron Leftwich is available. Seems he had a repeat of his tenure with Arizona.  About a year after Ariens left Arizona he was let go as well. In fact I believe Ariens is the only HC to have hired him.  Boy am I glad our owner didn't take that bait. I don't have anything against Byron, he just isn't ready for some responsibilities,,

Agreed, we dodged a bullet.

So I’m curious what makes Ryans a good choice as a coach and Leftwich a bad one?

https://www.nfl.com/news/bruce-arians-be...-success-i-

Bruce Arians on Byron Leftwich: 'He's the star' of Buccaneers offense, will be a head ... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bruce...h-soon/ampcom

He went with Arians to TB.  So Arians isn’t a good coach?  He shouldn’t have hired Leftwich in TB?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 06:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2023, 04:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Figured I'd start a thread to accumulate announcements like the following:

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...J1Xad80FvA

Good riddance.  The twitter statement should have stated the WRs fumbled the ball and missed a deep pass to lose to KC in the playoffs.

Byron is awaiting the KC or SF head coaching job.   Rumor has it Andy Reid gets fired if they lose to the Eagles and Kyle Shanahan may be let go given their poor showing in the NFC Championship Game.  Both KC and SF have reached out to Leftwich's agent secure interviews within the next week.

Why on earth would Andy Reid be fired if KC loses?

(02-07-2023, 07:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Why on earth would Andy Reid be fired if KC loses?

Because, you know, rumors.