Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MLB 2023 Season

Star 

Pitchers and Catchers report on February 13th..

Opening Day is on March 30th..

Quite excited for this season. We plan on going to a handful of games this year, in Tampa and Boston. Green Monster seats, Baby!!

Go Sox!!

[Image: H09aiVs.md.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Scott Rolen to the HOF…really?  I’m a Phillies fan, but Scott Rolen?  He was GOOD, but HOF?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2023, 01:16 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

I've always hated the Yankees and counted on the Red Sox to spend money and compete with them.  So much for that concept as the Red Sox changed into the Washington National, letting their good players go to save $$.

Scott Rolen -never popped out to me as a HOFer.  Oh well. 

Just looked at the 3rd base golden glovers.  I'm so out of touch with MLB that I have never heard of Nolan Arenado, who happened to win the past 10 NL Golden Gloves at 3rd base and his hitting .289 --- that makes him a instant HOF inductee 

Go Pirates & Marlins; hence, the reason i don't follow baseball.  I used to be able to name most of the starting players for all of the teams when i was a kid.  Now I bet that I can't name 15 players in the MLB.... let me give it a shot.

Polanco - Pirates
Freeman - Dodgers
That left handed pitcher for the dodgers
That outfielder for the dodgers from Boston
The 3rd baseman on the dodgers with a beard (maybe he's in toronto now)
Judge - Yankees
Stanton - Yankees
Chapman - Yankees (now royals??)
Cole - Yankees (former pirate)
the other pitcher on the Yankees from the Pirates (last name starts with a W i think)
the catcher on the Giants from FSU that got run over (initiated a collision rule for catchers)
Acuna - Braves
the guy on the Padres from the Nationals
the guy on the Padres (SS) that got busted for HGH (180 game suspension)
the tall SS on the pirates with a really strong arm.

Yep, there's my 15 exactly ....

Edit -- crap, i forgot about the Astros (3 more)
- Altuve
- Verlander
- the other ace pitcher for the astros.

The World Baseball Classic starts March 8th.. Team USA has a good squad this season. Should be fun to watch.

C J.T. Realmuto, Philadelphia Phillies
C Will Smith, Los Angeles Dodgers
1B Pete Alonso, New York Mets
1B Paul Goldschmidt, St. Louis Cardinals
*2B Trevor Story, Boston Red Sox
2B Jeff McNeil, New York Mets
3B Nolan Arenado, St. Louis Cardinals
3B Bobby Witt Jr., Kansas City Royals
SS Tim Anderson, Chicago White Sox
SS Trea Turner, Philadelphia Phillies
OF Mookie Betts, Los Angeles Dodgers
*OF Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
OF Cedric Mullins, Baltimore Orioles
OF Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
OF Kyle Tucker, Houston Astros
OF Kyle Schwarber, Philadelphia Phillies
RP David Bednar, Pittsburgh Pirates
RP Dillon Tate, Baltimore Orioles
RP Devin Williams, Milwaukee Brewers
RP Adam Ottavino, New York Mets
SP Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
SP Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals
SP Nestor Cortes, New York Yankees
SP Kyle Freeland, Colorado Rockies
SP Brady Singer, Kansas City Royals
SP Merrill Kelly, Arizona Diamondbacks
SP Logan Webb, San Francisco Giants

The Dominican Team is loaded as well..

Looking forward to going to Atlanta for a week to see my Braves in action; its been too long.

Love the moves they have made and think will be a very good battle for the NL East this season.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Looking forward to the Phillies. They keep loading up on offensive talent but not doing enough with their SP. they should at least score a bunch of runs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2023, 02:27 PM by WingerDinger.)

https://twitter.com/SoxSpects/status/162...MAUbA&s=19

Nice looking prospect with the Sox farm club.. Got some pretty good movement on the ball. Needs to tighten up some of the mechanics though.

Pretty stoked about this team already. Next Friday is the first Spring Training game.

Sale is set to take the mound on the opener. As long as he stays healthy haha.. Pretty excited that we got Kluber as well.

Go Sox!
#DirtyWater

(01-24-2023, 05:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Pitchers and Catchers report on February 13th..

Quite excited for this season. We plan on going to a handful of games this year, in Tampa and Boston. Green Monster seats, Baby!!

Go Sox!!

I’ll be at Fenway for opening day. I’ll be rooting for the good guys though!

(02-17-2023, 02:32 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 05:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Pitchers and Catchers report on February 13th..

Go Sox!!

I’ll be at Fenway for opening day. I’ll be rooting for the good guys though!
Let's go O's!

(02-17-2023, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 02:32 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I’ll be at Fenway for opening day. I’ll be rooting for the good guys though!
Let's go O's!

Dude, O's looked damn good last season.. 

Good luck this year!

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2023, 03:54 PM by Cleatwood.)

(02-17-2023, 03:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Let's go O's!

Dude, O's looked damn good last season.. 

Good luck this year!
2 years from now is the play I think. Maybe next year.

They didn't really make any off season moves this year and are just waiting on all the young guns. They are absolutely loaded with young talent.

Braves for WS Champions!

At least I hope so lol.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Spring Training baseball today!!

Go Sox!

#DirtyWater

[Image: 001119-1000544913-No-Color-ALT1.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 02:32 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ngl, not a big fan of this new pitch clock.. Pitchers have 15 seconds to throw a pitch now and batters have to be in the box and ready for the pitch by 8 seconds left of that 15 or it's an auto strike.

Kinda on the fence about taking away the traditional defensive shift too. I mean, I can kinda see why they did it, but Idk..

(02-25-2023, 02:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ngl, not a big fan of this new pitch clock.. Pitchers have 15 seconds to throw a pitch now and batters have to be in the box and ready for the pitch by 8 seconds left of that 15 or it's an auto strike.

Kinda on the fence about taking away the traditional defensive shift too. I mean, I can kinda see why they did it, but Idk..

I can see why they want to implement it.In theory, it should make the games shorter and run somewhat smoother.However, its gonna take awhile for players, coaches, and fans to get used to it to really see its value.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(02-25-2023, 03:50 PM)Butters Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 02:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ngl, not a big fan of this new pitch clock.. Pitchers have 15 seconds to throw a pitch now and batters have to be in the box and ready for the pitch by 8 seconds left of that 15 or it's an auto strike.

I can see why they want to implement it.In theory, it should make the games shorter and run somewhat smoother.However, its gonna take awhile for players, coaches, and fans to get used to it to really see its value.

I stopped watching regular season baseball after the 94-95 strike. I came back for the Sosa-McGwire season, and a few after that, but then got disgusted by the rampant and blatant juicing by Bonds / Canseco / McGwire,/ Clemons, etc. That was pretty much the last straw. I'll still peek in on the playoffs / WS if the Rays or the Padres are in contention, but other than that, I don't care. Plus, the sport really needs some form of a salary cap, tho its also fun to watch the big spenders fail while a team like the Rays goes far in the playoffs.

All that said, it will be really interesting to see how hitters / pitchers are affected by this, for the good and for the bad. The few times I've tried to recently watch during the regular season, the games were just too slow. Shorter games might actually get me interested again. My cousin in SD is a die-hard Padres fan, so I might track them, especially since they seem to be going all in to buy a WS.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-01-2023, 10:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 03:50 PM)Butters Wrote: I can see why they want to implement it.In theory, it should make the games shorter and run somewhat smoother.However, its gonna take awhile for players, coaches, and fans to get used to it to really see its value.

I stopped watching regular season baseball after the 94-95 strike.  I came back for the Sosa-McGwire season, and a few after that, but then got disgusted by the rampant and blatant juicing by Bonds / Canseco / McGwire,/ Clemons, etc.  That was pretty much the last straw.  I'll still peek in on the playoffs / WS if the Rays or the Padres are in contention, but other than that, I don't care.  Plus, the sport really needs some form of a salary cap, tho its also fun to watch the big spenders fail while a team like the Rays goes far in the playoffs.

All that said, it will be really interesting to see how hitters / pitchers are affected by this, for the good and for the bad.  The few times I've tried to recently watch during the regular season, the games were just too slow. Shorter games might actually get me interested again.  My cousin in SD is a die-hard Padres fan, so I might track them, especially since they seem to be going all in to buy a WS.

Tell your cousin to enjoy Xander.. Dude is special.

(03-01-2023, 10:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 03:50 PM)Butters Wrote: I can see why they want to implement it.In theory, it should make the games shorter and run somewhat smoother.However, its gonna take awhile for players, coaches, and fans to get used to it to really see its value.

I stopped watching regular season baseball after the 94-95 strike.  I came back for the Sosa-McGwire season, and a few after that, but then got disgusted by the rampant and blatant juicing by Bonds / Canseco / McGwire,/ Clemons, etc.  That was pretty much the last straw.  I'll still peek in on the playoffs / WS if the Rays or the Padres are in contention, but other than that, I don't care.  Plus, the sport really needs some form of a salary cap, tho its also fun to watch the big spenders fail while a team like the Rays goes far in the playoffs.

All that said, it will be really interesting to see how hitters / pitchers are affected by this, for the good and for the bad.  The few times I've tried to recently watch during the regular season, the games were just too slow. Shorter games might actually get me interested again.  My cousin in SD is a die-hard Padres fan, so I might track them, especially since they seem to be going all in to buy a WS.
Fair enough. Even though I am a diehard Braves fan(And pay attention to the Orioles also due to a family thing) I admittedly do not watch all 162 games by any means.One, because it is too time consuming and I do have a life lol.Two, because just does not hold my interest as it used too.

I do hope these new rule changes really help the game in the short and long term however, and I will watch some games of course sure, and just check the scores on the rest and hope they both succeed.

As far as the Padres go, I thought last year they would make the WS but fell apart and did not make it. They are going full bore again though for sure, and even though not a fan of them myself hopefully they can beat the Dodgers for the NL West crown who I...dislike to put it mildly lol.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Awwww man.. Justin Turner for the Sox just took a fastball to the face. Blood everywhere. Walking off the field right now though.

Team USA vs Great Britain tonight at 9pm on Fox.. Should be a great game!