Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MLB 2023 Season

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 02:53 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

Pretty good game going on right now on FS2 with Puerto Rico vs Nicaragua.

Edit:

Ok, was a good game at one point.. Team Puetro Rico startin to whoop dat dunkey..

Go PR!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 04:39 AM by cat bells. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-11-2023, 01:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Team USA vs Great Britain tonight at 9pm on Fox.. Should be a great game!

I mean ...

Just...

Do we actually have a baseball team  Laughing

Words fail me  Wink ... And we've missed another bloody t-shirt opportunity there winger 'It simply isn't cricket old boy'... I can only assume it ended badly

(03-12-2023, 04:38 AM)cat bells Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 01:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Team USA vs Great Britain tonight at 9pm on Fox.. Should be a great game!

I mean ...

Just...

Do we actually have a baseball team  Laughing

Words fail me  Wink ... And we've missed another bloody t-shirt opportunity there winger 'It simply isn't cricket old boy'... I can only assume it ended badly

They talked a lot about the GB team last night during the game. Seems like it's just finally starting to catch on over there. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet. GB didn't do too bad at all last night until around the 5th inning or so, then team USA kinda exploded on offense.

USA vs Mexico tonight at 10pm on FS1.. Should be another good game. Love my Mexican brothers and sisters and will especially be pulling for Verdugo and Durran, but Go USA!!

Prediction:

USA 8
Mexico 3

GB 8
Canada 10

Top of the 4th on FS1.. GB looking pretty decent!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 05:31 PM by cat bells. Edited 1 time in total.)

Never mind the cannon fodder  Wink  ... I actually looked this up ... Apparently we should be halfway through a game against Canada about now!! 

And our uniforms are absolutely bloody abysmal. Shocking! America is a vast country, from ocean to desert to rocky mountain slopes and leafy glades ... And yet in all those beautiful miles covering millions of people and broad swathes of popular western culture ... When it comes to designing sports uniforms Nike somehow can't seem to find anyone who knows their [BLEEP] from their elbow!

(03-12-2023, 05:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: GB 8
Canada 10

You beat me to it you bugger  Laughing

(03-12-2023, 05:29 PM)cat bells Wrote: Never mind the cannon fodder  Wink  ... I actually looked this up ... Apparently we should be halfway through a game against Canada about now!! 

And our uniforms are absolutely bloody abysmal. Shocking! America is a vast country, from ocean to desert to rocky mountain slopes and leafy glades ... And yet in all those beautiful miles covering millions of people and broad swathes of popular western culture ... When it comes to designing sports uniforms Nike somehow can't seem to find anyone who knows their [BLEEP] from their elbow!

(03-12-2023, 05:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: GB 8
Canada 10

You beat me to it you bugger  Laughing

From what I got from listening to them talk about the GB team last night, is that their budget for this Classic wasn't very good. So they kinda had to 'make due'..

But I wouldn't worry about that too much. They're putting on a pretty nice showing in Pool play. Last thing they want to do though, is finish last in Pool play or they'll have to re-qualify for the next WBC, and with GB and their funding, that could pose a problem for future Tournaments.

Yeah ... There's nothing on any of the main stream sports sites here but I found an article on American msn which was very good.

As you say, apparently this tournament basicially is the budget. This tournament will bring in at least six times the amount of money on its own as everything else baseball related over here. The aim as you say is simply to win one game in order to qualify for the next one in order to get enough money to instigate some sort of grassroots base.

most of the players unsurprisingly seem to be ringers  Laughing

Team USA is getting totally spanked right now lololol

7-1, Mexico at the top of the 4th.

(03-12-2023, 11:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Team USA is getting totally spanked right now lololol

They just thought they would out hit everyone, that's why the pitchers they brought are really not that good. I mean old [BLEEP] Adam Wainwright is your number one guy? Come on.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(03-13-2023, 10:43 AM)Butters Wrote:
(03-12-2023, 11:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Team USA is getting totally spanked right now lololol

They just thought they would out hit everyone, that's why the pitchers they brought are really not that good. I mean old [BLEEP] Adam Wainwright is your number one guy? Come on.

I mean, The WBC is voluntary, Wainwright happens to be one of the better pitchers haha

Got Canada tonight. 

Can't stand Canada.. Hope they bury those turds.

(03-13-2023, 11:01 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:43 AM)Butters Wrote: They just thought they would out hit everyone, that's why the pitchers they brought are really not that good. I mean old [BLEEP] Adam Wainwright is your number one guy? Come on.

I mean, The WBC is voluntary, Wainwright happens to be one of the better pitchers haha

Got Canada tonight. 

Can't stand Canada.. Hope they bury those turds.

Well yeah, maybe they should have offered more incentives to get some better pitchers to come out haha.

Hope beat Canada also.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Puerto Rico put a butt whoopin on Isreal earlier.

Game ended at the bottom of the 8th cause of the 10 run rule lolol

I'm laughing cause that almost happened to team USA last night lol

Go USA.. Beat those maple leaf smokers!!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023, 11:45 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

And well done to Great Britain!! Hell of a win tonight!!

Bottom of the 1st..

Canada 0
USA 9

Someone laid the law down after last night haha

(03-13-2023, 10:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: And well done to Great Britain!! Hell of a win tonight!!

I always said it was never in doubt  Wink ... Harry Ford from the Seattle Mariners seems to be our star boy! That win should sneak us into the next one so they will be pleased with that

The Dominican Team has been eliminated.. Very surprising. Such a powerhouse team.

Team USA is leading Columbia right now, 1-0 going into the 2nd.

(03-16-2023, 08:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/3586...dvance-wbc

How many times does this have to happen before teams stop allowing these celebration scrums?

(03-16-2023, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 08:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/3586...dvance-wbc

How many times does this have to happen before teams stop allowing these celebration scrums?

I agree. Never want to see anyone get hurt(Even though being a Braves fan this does help if you will).
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan